Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone in this forum used the Trim Away pills after surgery? I was sleeves April 2017 and I am gaining my weight back 😢 I have ordered the Trim Away pills from Bariatric Pal they are suppose to suppress your appetite and I don’t think they are working for me because I’m hungry a hour after taking the pills and drinking my Meal Replacement shake. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Any suggestions?

I have not used that particular brand, BUT, my surgeon did prescribe me phentermine (sp?), and I found that helped tremendously. I understand not wanting to go to a pill, but if it works, it works. I support whichever way you go. :)

Thank you ☺️

Have you tried tracking what you eat to see where your slips may be? I find there are always hidden calories. I dont even like eating out anymore.

1 hour ago, MrsHart said:

Has anyone in this forum used the Trim Away pills after surgery? I was sleeves April 2017 and I am gaining my weight back 😢 I have ordered the Trim Away pills from Bariatric Pal they are suppose to suppress your appetite and I don’t think they are working for me because I’m hungry a hour after taking the pills and drinking my Meal Replacement shake. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Any suggestions?

Your not alone in having a weight gain after a year or more. I'm a sleeve four and a half years out. I've had to work off a regain. This is just a set back. You can get back on track. You can get your body back in weight loss mode without being dependant on pills.

My two cents on pills:

Pills are not long term sustainable for weight loss. Majority of them don't work. Phentermine has side effects and most people gain weight once the prescription is over.

Weight loss and maintaining is work. There are no shortcuts.

some things to try:

• Log your food and stick to your weight loss calories and macros for the day
  • You are over a year out. Get rid of the shakes. Real whole foods will keep you feeling more satiated.
  • Sleeves can consume more food years out. Eat more veggies with your Protein to fill the extra space and keep your calories down. It will help with hunger
  • Spread meals out 5 to 6 meals a day
  • Get temptation food out of the house
  • Keep healthy options for sweet and salty cravings in the house
  • find counselor or therapist

Join a weight loss challenge.

If you use Myfitnesspal food log - download app here: myfitnesspal

Just give me 10 days challenge:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10721257/just-give-me-10-days-round-66

January 2019 weight loss challenge on bariatricpal. (Feb challenge is in the works)

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/421742-❤-january-2019-challenge-❤/

Edited by Healthy_life

1 hour ago, MrsHart said:

I’m hungry a hour after taking the pills and drinking my Meal Replacement shake. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Any suggestions?

You are over a year out ....Drinking shakes is one of the reasons you are experiencing hunger.

Yes, I drink Meal Replacement shakes/ Herbalife in the morning or for dinner when I don’t want to indulge in bad food. I am more of a Breakfast person thing anything I like to eat pancakes, waffles etc.

6 hours ago, MrsHart said:

Yes, I drink Meal Replacement shakes/ Herbalife in the morning or for dinner when I don’t want to indulge in bad food. I am more of a Breakfast person thing anything I like to eat pancakes, waffles etc.

You are maintaining right? Can I ask how much of a gain you are wanting to take off?

I hope I am wrong in understanding what your meals look like. I'm a bit confused and concerned. Is this your food instructions by your surgical team? This is only an estimate below. I have no Idea of what an actual day of food looks like for you.

• I looked up Herbalife shakes 15 grams Protein 120 calories
  • 2 Eggo waffles 5 grams protein and 190 calories 27 grams carbohydrates.

This is only 620 calories per day and 40 grams of protein.

kicproductimage-125245_125245-09104_3800040290.png

download.jpg

Edited by Healthy_life

I agree with @Healthy_life, the key to maintenance isn't pills and meal replacement shakes (especially from shady MLM companies). It's finding a long term sustainable plan that works for you.

We are all individuals, so there is no one solution.

You love breakfast, great! Protein waffles, protein pancakes, sugar free Syrup. You want "real" pancakes, great, make yourself a small serving on Sunday mornings, or go all out once a month, with the chocolate chip and whip cream kind.

Are you the slippery slope type? Can't have one potato chip or you will eat the whole bag? Great, then know you absolutely cannot have those items around, complete ban. But maybe you can just have an occasional square of chocolate in the evening and be done with it, so you can indulge, but stay on plan.

Do you just generally have a hard time reigning it in, and you snack or graze? Well then work it off, burn those excess calories. As long as the excess calories aren't extreme, run them off, or swim them off, or bike them off.

Whatever you do, diet pills aren't a solution, and neither is anything Herbalife sells.

@Healthy_life Lol that’s not what my actual day of food looks like. I am Court Clerk so I am always very busy at work and it’s all fast food around my Courthouse. In the morning, I would make me a Herbal Life shake and 2 boiled eggs or oatmeal, for snack I will snack on trail mix, for lunch it’s a meal prep option, I snack on trail mix or fruit and for dinner I’ll have a herbal life shake and I might nibble on whatever I cook for dinner for my family. This is not exact some days. I feel like my sleeve is stretched, I don’t have that restriction no more that I use to have.😢
I choose herbal life Protein Shakes because they are Meal Replacements when I am unable to get my hands on healthy foods. I have been successful with Herbal Life, that’s how i lost the weight to get my surgery. I just found out about BariatricPal last week and I have ordered Protein chips, meal replacement shakes and a few meals. I also purchased the Trim Away pills because the reviews were great, the pills are suppose to suppress your appetite. I have also downloaded MyFitnessPal today and I love it, thank you. Tonight I have been reading about slider foods and from what I’m reading, I have been really eating a lot of slider foods. So I gotta get it together.

Do you have any suggestions in regards to the kind of products to purchase from BariatricPal?

I was down to 139, my goal weight is 135. I’m 146😩🤦🏽‍♀️😢

Whew. Thanks for giving me a better idea of what your eating. I understand meal replacement on the run. Many sites sell products marked to bariatric patients. Shop around and compare prices before you buy.

33 minutes ago, MrsHart said:

I feel like my sleeve is stretched, I don’t have that restriction no more that I use to have.😢

An eleven pound weight bounce is manageable. I maintain a ten pound weight bounce. When the scale moves up. I go back into weight loss mode to get it back down to 130's

Your not alone. Most sleeve feel less restriction year+ out. Its normal. Know that your stomach has not stretched back to its original size.** (revisions are rare. If you think it's stretched and you need a revision contact your surgeon to get it diagnosed)**

Now that you can consume more food, Its finding ways to fill the extra space without going over your calories/macros to maintain/lose weight . It's also finding foods that keep you feeling less hungry. Honestly, real food is how I manage the extra sleeve capacity/hunger.

I hope you find what works for you.

41 minutes ago, MrsHart said:

Do you have any suggestions in regards to the kind of products to purchase from BariatricPal?

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of proceed replacement products. To each their own.

Products that break down rapidly or liquids don't keep me full. (example Protein Shakes, Soups, chips) Items that have more bulk help with hunger. I keep Quest bars in my car for quick food on the run. (cost effective and easy to find locally)