Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ask your nutritionist if they allow them. My program does not encourage their use because there is no way to tell exactly how much you are getting when it is absorbed through the skin. But I've had a different procedure which is more malabsorptive, so it may be different for someone getting a sleeve.

My surgeon said no way to vitamin patches. He told me a horror story of a patient who was in for the 6 month check up (gastric bypass) and had to be hospitalized for Vitamin deficiency He said it took a year to get the patient back to good health. I had already purchased a 3 month supply, but it scared me into not using them.

ScoutCR. Good to know! I keep seeing these and I was curious as to how well they worked. Thanks!

I'm currently using them. Have been since 1 month before my surgery, so coming up on 6 months now. My 3 month levels were all well within acceptable ranges. I haven't talked with anyone who personally had issues with them, I've heard stories, but never have I seen a review from someone stating they used them and had issues. I reached out to a few folks here, the 1 that got back to me said he stopped using them because he no longer needed them with his diet meeting his needs.

For me (and only for me) So far, so good. I haven't spent much on them either thanks to the point system on this site. My wife uses the Iron during her cycles and said she can tell when she doesn't use the patch verses when she does. But that's just anecdotal. I get my 6 month labs drawn in 2 weeks, so I'll have more results shortly afterwards. I'm happy with them so far.

My Nutritionist said no directly post op, but I would be able to consider them about 6 months post op. (4 days post op now)

Same here as most, Was told no go on Patches and also on gummies. But everyone's program is different. Your best bet is to check with you surgeon or NUT.

Seriously why would anyone use a Vitamin Patch? You can take pills and chewables after surgery just fine, which are actually proven to work and much cheaper.

I get that people have crazy beliefs but vitamin patches are stupid honestly

On 08/29/2018 at 18:36, Mhy12784 said:

Seriously why would anyone use a Vitamin Patch? You can take pills and chewables after surgery just fine, which are actually proven to work and much cheaper.

I get that people have crazy beliefs but vitamin patches are stupid honestly

Because with the patch it’s a one shot deal, taking pills you need multi, Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, extra Bs and B12 and some people like me suffer from Constipation with all these supplements but not with the patch. Those are my reasons and labs have been great so far!

my doctor encouraged the Patches (I had gastric bypass) and said he routinely does blood work to monitor. He told me I can do either the patch or capsules but I feel like the patch is easier and it was cheaper.

I say give it a try, and if you feel like it isnt working just try capsules. you wont die from one week of trying them. I can tell when I miss my patch because i feel sleepy

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My team said no Patches because there’s not enough info available re: amount of absorption

Because with the patch it’s a one shot deal, taking pills you need multi, Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, extra Bs and B12 and some people like me suffer from Constipation with all these supplements but not with the patch. Those are my reasons and labs have been great so far!

my doctor said guys labs for his patients have been on point with the patch. I like them, I dont have to feel nauseated or burp up the vitamin taste

On 11/10/2018 at 12:14, nedmanders said:

my doctor said guys labs for his patients have been on point with the patch. I like them, I dont have to feel nauseated or burp up the Vitamin taste

Good to hear, I know they are controversial as some Drs think there isn’t enough research on them yet? But I love them, tired of taking pills all day!

My dietician required people to use a Multivitamin that dissolved in Water. We weren’t allowed to take large pills like many Multivitamins are where I live. Now though I am meant to go back onto normal multis and I am testing some chewable ones. I couldn’t swallow the big ones back in the old days anyway.

I love my prenatal ones, easier to swollow, very reasonable pricing. I remember the ones I had while carrying my 3 children, big horse pill sized, curious for my daughter they were a light rose pink, for both boys a sky blue, don't if that orgenes determined things but isn't it odd? At any rate,my current ones are a mustard yellow , small ovals and easily pass down my throat. My trick? Small sip of liquid, toss pill in and let it float down as you swollow. And they have the Iron we all seem to need. Still on Zofran 3 times daily for nausea, goes hand-in-hand with strictures, Carafate every 6 hours around the clock for. ulcers, with my other meds it keeps me busy, but it beats being dead all hollow. And as I lose weight the future pallbearers will be so grateful, won't have to,employ power lifters anymore! Do,it is still gonna be a bee-yutie- ful life just gotta give it a while to get here!📦☀🌈