Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Centrum and vitamins. Show me

I take Celebrate soft chews in the multi and Iron. I couldn't stand the taste of the others I tried before but these seem to be ok.

Five weeks out still having trouble with nausea and Constipation with the Vitamins. Just had to put the Iron on hold for a few weeks per my doctor because of the constipation. I take Celebrate chewable calcium chews and twin lab capsule Multivitamin. The twinlab keeps coming back up. I tried celebrate but I was vomiting that you too.

I took Centram Silver chewables, and they made me really nauseous. I'm switching over to tablets now. I'm also on Caltrate Chewables, Caltrate chocolate Chews, and jamison B complex berry Bliss. Oh - and B sublingual, and Ferimax powder. Good grief!

Can you swallow pills?

I switched to pills at about 2 weeks post op

I purchase several different chewable Vitamin and they all have made me very nauseous. So my dr said i can start taking Centrum, plus b1, B12 and Calcium which i have the chewable which those i could stand. I just started taking my synthroid pill it is small but have not any problems. I hope i can tale regular pills.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well good luck with your plans. I hope they work out for you.

My surgeon set me up with a pre-selected shopping cart of Thorne Vitamins. I’m going back to them as soon as I finish the months worth of Tespo powdered vitamins I’ve been using. The Tespo vitamins mix with Water (or in shakes) but make me minimally nauseous. On two occasions when I have taken then without my shake or food they have caused vomiting and diarrhea. No bueno.

My dr said I could start taking Centrum which ones do you take show me a pic. Also what other Vitamins do you take with them.
Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm celiac in addition to 1month post sleeve. Taking Vitamins is a way of life for me. I take 2 centrums am/pm.. I also take the fat soluble vitamins A,D,E and K. In forums pre surgery, I learned that taking a Vitamin B1 which is thiamin is what prevents nausea. Also B12 is best taken in liquid form under the tongue or by injection. I still need to add Iron to my routine. But you know the money only goes so far.
Checkout opurity or Celebrate Vitamins.< br>

On 8/16/2018 at 11:51 AM, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Five weeks out still having trouble with nausea and Constipation with the Vitamins. Just had to put the Iron on hold for a few weeks per my doctor because of the constipation. I take Celebrate chewable calcium chews and twin lab capsule Multivitamin. The twinlab keeps coming back up. I tried Celebrate but I was vomiting that you too.

Find some Chelated Iron - I heard that absorbs in a way that doesn't cause constipation.

11 hours ago, tedsmom said:

I'm celiac in addition to 1month post sleeve. Taking Vitamins is a way of life for me. I take 2 centrums am/pm.. I also take the fat soluble Vitamins A,D,E and K. In forums pre surgery, I learned that taking a Vitamin B1 which is thiamin is what prevents nausea. Also B12 is best taken in liquid form under the tongue or by injection. I still need to add Iron to my routine. But you know the money only goes so far.
Checkout opurity or Celebrate Vitamins.

My daughter is Celiac, she is 9 now but was diagnosed when she was 2. I've never had any doctors tell me that she needs to be taking vitamins! Can you educate me about this a bit so I can get her what she needs?

My daughter is Celiac, she is 9 now but was diagnosed when she was 2. I've never had any doctors tell me that she needs to be taking vitamins! Can you educate me about this a bit so I can get her what she needs?

Hi KCgirl061.
Consider your daughter blessed to be diagnosed at such a tender age. I was 60 when I pushed a doctor to do his job and order the tests for me. I have many health issues which could have been avoided had I been diagnosed in childhood.
Because of the celiac, adsorption of nutrients in food is not utilized properly.. Vitamin supplements necessary. I hope your daughter is not eating oatmeal. It was added to the list of foods to be avoided a few years ago. That's all oats, in any form, even if they say GF.
Manufacturers have not caught up with this addition to the list to be avoided so watch out for this ingredient in foods/snacks labeled GF.
I recommend you register your daughter with the university of Chicago celiac disease center and the Columbia University celiac disease center. These 2 are the centers of excellence in celiac research. Europe is way ahead of US in celiac research. Dr Fasconi (not sure of spelling) is with Columbia and it is he who is responsible for the standard set for calling a food GF. That's 20 parts per million. That has been the standard in Europe for many years.
Your daughter is also lucky that there has been an explosion of new products on the market. It was not like this 9 years ago. Make friends with the manager of your favorite grocery store( and I hope it is not Walmart). Let the manager know the dietary needs of your daughter.
Ask to see more GF items. If you want something specific get the barcode for the manager.
I know this is a lot to get your head around but it does get easier and watching your daughter flourish will make it all worth the vigilance.
Any patient(parent) can know more about their disease than the physcian can..
When was diagnosed, the woman I had lunch with said her granddaughter had celiac but her grandson did not. My lunch buddy said her daughter's family made the decision early on that the whole family would eat the same things. The kitchen was a GF zone. That avoided the need for 2 toasters, 2 peanut butters, 2 mayo, 2 butters, etc.
now back to Vitamins. I think every child needs vitamins. They have , in general, atrocious eating habits. The vitamins fill in the gaps.
There are support groups for you and your daughter. Try the Celiac Foundation or gluten free for life. There are others. Some better than others.
The best referral I can give is the centers of excellence mentioned previously. They will give you facts like no oats, ever. Which you won't get in blogs because sad to say, there are celiacs who place blind trust in manufactures who tell them that an item is GF.
I'll be here if you need help or have another question. I promise my responses will not always be so long.
Just one more thing.
The support group I belonged to was started by a woman who was diagnosed in infancy. She was placed on a gluten free diet. When her symptoms subsided her doctor said she could go back to a regular diet. This happened many times throughout her life. She was a few years older than me at the time. Her health was in shambles. She died a short few years later the result of being celiac and bad medical advice. When she told her story to our small group, one woman new to the group said her gastroenterologist had just told her she could go back to a regular diet. To which everyone said " No you can't. Not ever".