Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I am 6 days out and starting to feel good pain is going away and I can even move around a little faster, and I am even use to the liquid diet too, so I have to say I am glad I made this decision and am very happy I was able to stop my diabetic meds.

wow! Do most folks stop their meds that fast? How did you know you'd be able to? I've never been told I'm diabetic, though I've been told I have pre-diabetes and take Metformin daily. I've never even been told to check by blood sugars at home. Wondering when I'll get to come off the Metformin after my surgery?

Congrats brother!!! Good for you on getting off your meds. It just gets better with time. Enjoy the journey and best of luck to.

when I was trying to decide what surgery to do Dr Duperier pretty much advised me that this was the better option for getting off all my meds or at lest some of them, by the time I was discharged. I also had the best team at the hospital after the surgery, once I was out of recovery I was up walking 15 minutes later once I got to my private room. I figured it would be best to get moving so I can work the pain out.

Question, I am 6 days out too, I do have pain on my left side still, is that normal do you think. It’s the same pain I had after surgery (sleeve) it is less pain everyday but just still there. I could not go to work if I had too today. I also had to take milk magnesium and a stool softener, so it could just be gas and bowel related. So just checking out there. A little nervous. Other then that just trying to get all the liquid in I can!

Well I’ve still been taking my Tylenol 4 just about every 5-6 hrs so honestly when I lay down I don’t feel too much because of that but I’ll bet if I don’t take it I will I usually sleep on my side so I’m sure is just still some gas but still check in with your Bariatric team to make sure

1 hour ago, mistynhines said:

wow! Do most folks stop their meds that fast? How did you know you'd be able to? I've never been told I'm diabetic, though I've been told I have pre-diabetes and take Metformin daily. I've never even been told to check by blood sugars at home. Wondering when I'll get to come off the Metformin after my surgery?

Metformin is for diabetes, I have type II diabetes and my endocrinologist told me that after WLS I do not have to take Metformin anymore...It does sound too good to be true but it's their specialty so they know best. When I told my endocrinologist that I was having WLS he was ecstatic, he said that was the best decision ever. That is my main reason for having the surgery is to get off of the Metformin, I literally feel sick to my stomach almost everyday from taking it and I'm so tired of that feeling. Not a good quality of life. Have you had surgery yet? I will on August 29th.

It is so cool to read about how quickly some of the non-scale victories can be achieved! I'm not on a lot of meds right now but borderline with everything (diabetes, cholesterol, heart disease, etc) It so amazing that this surgery can change your life so much in such a short time. A couple of weeks of discomfort for a lifetime of wellness - I'll take that bet! Surgery in 2 days - was feeling nervous yesterday, now I can't wait!

Hey @Richard Hayes, great going dude welcome to the 'other side' Wahoo!

@Sosewsue61 thanks I’m glad I made the decision I’m already moving around at home pretty good so I may start slowing down on the Tylenol 4, saw my primary dr this morning and they were happy already down 12 lbs

8 hours ago, Richard Hayes said:

Well I’ve still been taking my Tylenol 4 just about every 5-6 hrs so honestly when I lay down I don’t feel too much because of that but I’ll bet if I don’t take it I will I usually sleep on my side so I’m sure is just still some gas but still check in with your Bariatric team to make sure

Thanks for the info!

Hang tough, honey, I'll be here to testify, oops forgot I can't actually I'm a girl👸type people, I'll swear you an Ovarian Oath , at the age of 72 and post-menopausal they are laying dormant but they're still,there. Anyhoo on September 11, 6 days post my RnY surgery, I shall return and tell you how the Frustr8 Follies went! Deal?😛