Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to cry



Recommended Posts

Two weeks post op and just started to experience nausea and will vomit when I take my Vitamins. Doctor said to take a break from them for a couple days, but smells are starting to get to me badly. I'm so exhausted all the time. When will I ever feel normal again? I'm so tired and want to cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShimmyShade said:

Two weeks post op and just started to experience nausea and will vomit when I take my Vitamins. Doctor said to take a break from them for a couple days, but smells are starting to get to me badly. I'm so exhausted all the time. When will I ever feel normal again? I'm so tired and want to cry.

You will feel normal again. The process takes time and yes, it sucks. But it does get better. Have you looked into liquid vitamins (tespo) or the vitamin patches (patchMD) (and yes I know there is a major controversy around the Patches, but in my own personally clinical trial, they are working quite well for me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realize liquid vitamins were an option. I hope I would be able to take them. Seems anything remotely strong in taste or smell brings me over the edge.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to feel normal? I know it takes time to heal, but I'm hoping to get back to normal soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShimmyShade said:

I didn't realize liquid vitamins were an option. I hope I would be able to take them. Seems anything remotely strong in taste or smell brings me over the edge.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to feel normal? I know it takes time to heal, but I'm hoping to get back to normal soon.

Sadly, "normal" is super subjective. Some folks take longer to feel normal than others. And it's not always related to healing. I've seen/heard of folks that should be all healed up, having some issues with things still. It's a learning process overall, but it does get easier to deal with and with each passing day, barring any issues or complications, you should notice things getting easier.

Tespo information can be found here https://gettespo.com/

PatchMD here https://www.patchmd.com/

Both can be purchased from the Bariatric Pal Store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShimmyShade said:

Two weeks post op and just started to experience nausea and will vomit when I take my Vitamins.

That happened to me even pre surgery. Vitamins are one of the few things that bother my Iron stomach.

Ask your Dr if you can swallow pills? I was able to early on. I take Whole Foods Prenatal, and they don't bother my stomach at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so sensitive to smells post surgery. After a couple of week that started to fade. Vitamins still bother my stomach, but I did liquids as mentioned above. I did take a couple week break from them on my surgeon's orders when I was having my worst issues with them. Now I am able to take vitamins pills. Keep the faith, it will get easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

That happened to me even pre surgery. Vitamins are one of the few things that bother my Iron stomach.

Ask your Dr if you can swallow pills? I was able to early on. I take Whole Foods Prenatal, and they don't bother my stomach at all.

I actually switched from the pills to chewables because the pills were like horse pills. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does get better. I will be 3 months on Friday and I still have some very rough days but all and all I am starting to manage. When you do take your Vitamins again, try to take them at night. That helped a lot with my nausea issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShimmyShade said:

Two weeks post op and just started to experience nausea and will vomit when I take my Vitamins. Doctor said to take a break from them for a couple days, but smells are starting to get to me badly. I'm so exhausted all the time. When will I ever feel normal again? I'm so tired and want to cry.

Hang in there, you're doing great! This too shall pass.

As for ever feeling normal again... Well, you have had your body surgically altered to be different. You may never feel "normal" again, but you will get better, you will heal, you will lose weight, you will overcome, and you will succeed! IMHO, "normal" is way overrated. I have had four major abdominal surgeries over the past 23 years, with two of them last year. I have had major organs removed during the surgeries. My abdomen is scarred, misshaped, and fat. I will never be "normal" again - ever. I'm okay with that, because I am me. :) I like me... I'm glad I'll be seeing less and less of me over the rest of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you Macadamia. Your words came at a good time. I now realize although my body has scars-battle ribbons in the war of life- it too is a pretty fine body,🙋 and like you I look forward to seeing less and less of it as time goes by. Not,only will I soon go through my own surgical 😷altering, it will be realigning, remodeling and refinement and the true Frustr8 will start shining 💫through for the world.🌏 to see. And if the world🌏 fails to look ,that will be their loss, but I will still shine🌟 bright and clear for those who do want👀 see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frustr8 said:

Thank you Macadamia. Your words came at a good time. I now realize although my body has scars-battle ribbons in the war of life- it too is a pretty fine body,🙋 and like you I look forward to seeing less and less of it as time goes by. Not,only will I soon go through my own surgical 😷altering, it will be realigning, remodeling and refinement and the true Frustr8 will start shining 💫through for the world.🌏 to see. And if the world🌏 fails to look ,that will be their loss, but I will still shine🌟 bright and clear for those who do want👀 see.

You are very welcome. You will do awesome! I see you reacting and responding to people's posts all over this forum. It is apparent that you are ready and willing to do what it takes to be healthier and happier. I'm all for that - it is also why I am here.

As for the scars and trials I've battled through, I have never given up. I'm still alive and I'm still living every day. It has been hard at times; yes, at times I have felt like I was done. But all in all, I have stuck with it and here I am.

Besides, no one can see all my scars under my clothes anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Tonight I had to go to the ER for the vomiting :( They didn't find anything life threatening but they are going to run more tests with my surgeon to see what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same thing happened to me. My doctor said to take a break from the Vitamins for a while. One your stomach heals more try them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And Shimmy Shade you must have made your way through successfully since I saw,you,on a new post today. So very glad of that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×