Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I’m 4 days postop and was wondering how much was everyone consuming around this time and how long does it take to finish.

So far I have been able to finish one Premier Protein bottle, it took me most of the day but yea I got those 30 grams of Protein. I bit an inch off a sugar free icee [emoji28] and for dinner I had around 4oz of chicken Soup drained and that took me like 30mins to finish.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

The three most important elements after RNY gastric bypass surgery are to meet your daily Protein, Fluid and Vitamin requirements. food is secondary because your body is converting your stored fat into the energy that drives your body. Thus you lose weight.

Weight loss is achieved after surgery through meal volume control. You begin at 2 ounces (1/4 cup) per meal and gradually over the next year and a half increase the volume to 1 cup per meal. With this minuscule amount of food, it is next to impossible to meet your protein daily requirements by food alone, so therefore you need to rely on supplements such as Protein Shakes.

It is common for individuals after surgery to be unable to meet their protein and fluid requirements during the first couple weeks. This is because their body is in a major heal mode. Just keep working towards those daily goals.

I assume you were given the protein, vitamin and fluid requirements. If not see your surgeon and nutritionist.

Ignore previous comment!

How much is everyone sipping a day and how long does it take you to finish?

1 hour ago, Yo-yo girl said:

Ignore previous comment!

How much is everyone sipping a day and how long does it take you to finish?

LOL agreed fellow New Yorker!! Some people just don't know how to answer the question. And ironically enough, although I do not 100% the answer to your question, I'm having my surgery next week for a revision sleeve to bypass. maybe we can stay in touch?!

What i can tell you though, is when i had the sleeve I could barely drink the recommended 64oz daily. I would try to sip every 10 minutes but it was soooo uncomfortable. It would take me an entire day like this to even hit my Fluid intake.

LOL agreed fellow New Yorker!! Some people just don't know how to answer the question. And ironically enough, although I do not 100% the answer to your question, I'm having my surgery next week for a revision sleeve to bypass. maybe we can stay in touch?!
What i can tell you though, is when i had the sleeve I could barely drink the recommended 64oz daily. I would try to sip every 10 minutes but it was soooo uncomfortable. It would take me an entire day like this to even hit my Fluid intake.

[emoji23] I know he really lost his mind trying to talk to me like I’m clueless and he’s some know it all with that long plagiarized copied and pasted comment.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I’ll deff like to stay in touch with as many people who had their procedure during or around the same time as me. It’s great to compare milestones and get an idea where I should be or what I need to be working harder at. My surgery was on Monday and I didn’t eat for the 1st time until Thursday (yesterday). I had a Premier Protein bottle and that took me all day, I took a nip of a sugar free popsicle and had like 4oz drained chicken Soup for dinner. It’s important for me to compare what i eat and how fast to others. I want to know if I’m doing ok or if I’m sipping too much.

You’re on the liquid diet? are you nervous or feel like you already know what’s coming?

I think you are doing great. If I was at your stage, I would be on my docs full liquid diet, which includes what you mentioned. Protein Shakes, chicken broth, suger free/fat free pudding and Jello, etc. Yes! I am on day 10 of 14 on liquids. I am sooooo excited! Not really nervous looking forward to the morphine LOL jk, I have done this before, I know its hard but second time is a charm! This weekend I'm going through my closet and getting rid of some clothes that I will NEVER have to wear again! I even have some clothes, that even if I were that size again, i wouldn't wear so I'm going to donate them.

Everyone I know is having a BBQ and drinking and laying out in the sun, and I'm just like WHATEVER y'all can do that, I will get through the weekend knowing I'm changing my life for the better =)

I think you are doing great. If I was at your stage, I would be on my docs full liquid diet, which includes what you mentioned. Protein Shakes, chicken broth, suger free/fat free pudding and Jello, etc. Yes! I am on day 10 of 14 on liquids. I am sooooo excited! Not really nervous looking forward to the morphine LOL jk, I have done this before, I know its hard but second time is a charm! This weekend I'm going through my closet and getting rid of some clothes that I will NEVER have to wear again! I even have some clothes, that even if I were that size again, i wouldn't wear so I'm going to donate them.
Everyone I know is having a BBQ and drinking and laying out in the sun, and I'm just like WHATEVER y'all can do that, I will get through the weekend knowing I'm changing my life for the better =)

Sounds a lot like me, I was ecstatic and I still am. I’m just so happy and grateful for my little pouch. From my approval all the way to surgery and even right now as I heal I stayed away from people and social media. I just needed to organize myself and time to be in my head. I didn’t go out or do much of anything. Buying the things I needed pre and post op and getting myself together was all I focused on. I also did a lot of cleaning to have my place ready when I got back from the hospital. I don’t have much clothes to donate because I literally lived off 2 pair of jeans and a few “just my size” shirts with and without sleeves. I refused to be buying clothes for my size. Are you having a revision because of GERD or do you feel like the sleeve isn’t the right tool for you?

Today my goal will be to drink more Water 🤢

Girl what you just wrote sounds like ME!!!! I refuse to go to the bar, why watch people drink when I can't?! I need to focus on my mental and physical health first. I wrote this on a few other threads, but its a combination of things, acid re flux, and the surgeon didn't take enough of my stomach out. My revision surgery team said that in my GI series, it didn't even look like a stomach that had been sleeved, and it wasn't because of pouch stretching. Bad luck I guess! But, thank goodness I got a second chance. A lot of people say, "omg I would be so angry, that's not fair, etc" but I look at it like yeah it sucks, but that's life sometimes! With the bypass, I think that i will have more success, and there is less that can go wrong in my situation. He asked if I wanted to be re-sleeved and I said hell no, I'm terrified of that now. Losing 50 pounds to gain 70 is a nightmare!!! It works for soooo many people, and I am so happy for that, I am just the unlucky one I guess! But on to better things! =)

Girl what you just wrote sounds like ME!!!! I refuse to go to the bar, why watch people drink when I can't?! I need to focus on my mental and physical health first. I wrote this on a few other threads, but its a combination of things, acid re flux, and the surgeon didn't take enough of my stomach out. My revision surgery team said that in my GI series, it didn't even look like a stomach that had been sleeved, and it wasn't because of pouch stretching. Bad luck I guess! But, thank goodness I got a second chance. A lot of people say, "omg I would be so angry, that's not fair, etc" but I look at it like yeah it sucks, but that's life sometimes! With the bypass, I think that i will have more success, and there is less that can go wrong in my situation. He asked if I wanted to be re-sleeved and I said hell no, I'm terrified of that now. Losing 50 pounds to gain 70 is a nightmare!!! It works for soooo many people, and I am so happy for that, I am just the unlucky one I guess! But on to better things! =)

My surgeon tried to push the sleeve on me but I absolutely knew that it wasn’t the right procedure for me especially with the amount of weight I need to lose (a little over 150lbs) I just can’t take chances with my last resort, so I decided that if I’m going to do this I will go all out. You are very lucky to have a team of people that found your problem and didn’t try to blame you for the unsuccessful surgery. I hope everything works out for you and I’ll deff be stalking you around here and looking for your updates :-)

When I was 4 days post op I was barely getting Water in. I was too scared to drink the Protein Shakes because I thought it was going to hurt lol just work on slowly increasing your Protein but you are doing better than me when I was that far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

When I was 4 days post op I was barely getting Water in. I was too scared to drink the Protein Shakes because I thought it was going to hurt lol just work on slowly increasing your Protein but you are doing better than me when I was that far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Im still struggling with Water, it’s such a drag and I hate how heavy & hard it feels in my stomach. With my Protein I want to be able to do 60 grams of protein but that’s just not realistic for me. Im thinking about adding a scoop of 30 grams of unflavored protein to my premier drink that way I can get 60 grams from one bottle lol.. I think I’m on to something here [emoji28]

@YoYoGirl, you, MissSmiles and Sprinkles1 are 3 ladies in would love to have in my life daily so I look always for your postings You are all real, no regurgitated mpttos and euphemisms from you 3.
An admiring Buckeye from Ohio Frustr8😜

@Frustr8 thank you!!! That was so sweet. Surgery day tomorrow!! I will be sure to remain active as much as I can during recovery <3