Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i was sleeved in december of 2016, and i'm very very private about my journey. (For all kinds of reasons i want credit for all the work i'm putting in and i just don't want negativity or judgement around me.)

But i'm in multiple groups online because i genuinely like helping other people through their journey.

So a former friend found me in one of those groups and outed me, and now i'm humiliated. I'm not at all ashamed of my surgery, but i just feel like it's my business to tell and she's honestly the last person i would ever trust anyway. (She's known for doing horrible a*****e-ish things lol)

So now what do i do? How did you handle that if someone has ever done that to you?

I'm honestly trying to just get over it, but it's easier said than done.

I got outed at work in an interdepartmental meeting. It sucks, but other than telling the person (and anyone else who asks) that you prefer not to disclose your personal medical information, there's not much you can do. Hopefully, she'll honor your request and not discuss it further. It's a shame that people can't mind their own business.

I agree with Orchards & Dragons. I would ask her to please not speak further about your personal medical business & that it isn’t her place to tell people.

I am sorry you have to deal with this.

The other advice is Good, but from what you said this person is not that respectful. You should still tell her to mind her business.

Don't be ashamed that you took control of your life and health. Haters gonna hate. Just keep being your beautiful self.

2 hours ago, xoxococojay said:

So i was sleeved in december of 2016, and i'm very very private about my journey. (For all kinds of reasons i want credit for all the work i'm putting in and i just don't want negativity or judgement around me.)

But i'm in multiple groups online because i genuinely like helping other people through their journey.

So a former friend found me in one of those groups and outed me, and now i'm humiliated. I'm not at all ashamed of my surgery, but i just feel like it's my business to tell and she's honestly the last person i would ever trust anyway. (She's known for doing horrible a*****e-ish things lol)

So now what do i do? How did you handle that if someone has ever done that to you?

I'm honestly trying to just get over it, but it's easier said than done.

People can be crappy and judgmental. You did the right thing by making this person a former friend...lol Let them be a miserable negative person. Enjoy the conversations with positive people. Keep them around you.... ignore the haters.

An option to think about if you get outed.

Be proud and blunt! post: I make no apologies for living an amazing healthy life. :-)

I don’t have any advice but I’m so sorry this happened to you! It’s no one’s business! People can be so terrible. Sending you big hugs!

Me too. You are awesome and don’t let that “low life person “ bother you. Big hugs too :)

xoxococojay when you send that false friend to that condo Satan has ready in Hades, I have her a room-mate. I was recently,told By now you should have to terms with the way you are. Now stop trying to rock the boat!" ,Maybe I misunderstood but I think she,just told me to "Sit Down, Shut Up and Die!" Thiscwasvsomeone I had known for years but I never realized till now how she really felt about me. I believe I shall remove her from my life.👎😓

13 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

xoxococojay when you send that false friend to that condo Satan has ready in Hades, I have her a room-mate. I was recently,told By now you should have to terms with the way you are. Now stop trying to rock the boat!" ,Maybe I misunderstood but I think she,just told me to "Sit Down, Shut Up and Die!" Thiscwasvsomeone I had known for years but I never realized till now how she really felt about me. I believe I shall remove her from my life.👎😓

OMG! That is a horrible thing to say to anyone! No matter our age, I believe we should always strive for growth and certainly health! Def remove her from your life!

I hope everyone that commented see's this. Thank you all so much for making me feel better. You all gave great advice.

I really love this group, it's one of the few places where i feel safe to discuss my journey and all the stuff that comes along with it. Thank you all, you're awesome!