Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to add some flavor or something to the broth part of the diet. I’ve got 7 more days to go and the beef, veg and chicken broth on repeat are getting boring fast! Any of you wonderful people have any ideas on how to make them taste a little more... anything?

HW: 311

SW: 255

CW: 254

First goal weight: 191 lbs

Second goal weight: 159 lbs

Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

4 hours ago, moondoggie1983 said:

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to add some flavor or something to the broth part of the diet. I’ve got 7 more days to go and the beef, veg and chicken broth on repeat are getting boring fast! Any of you wonderful people have any ideas on how to make them taste a little more... anything?

SW: 255

CW: 254

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

switch to strained canned Soups you can get different flavors and just eat the broth. so much more taste than canned broth

Are you on Clear Liquids, or full liquids?

I’m on clear. But with Protein Shakes as well. My mom was kind enough to make made from scratch beef veg Soup and make an extra 6 cups of broth with it for me. It was delicious! Just the added taste of the veg was awesome!

SW: 255 VSG
CW: 252

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

2 hours ago, moondoggie1983 said:

I’m on clear. But with Protein Shakes as well. My mom was kind enough to make made from scratch beef veg Soup and make an extra 6 cups of broth with it for me. It was delicious! Just the added taste of the veg was awesome!

Ok, clear makes it harder ...

Some ideas

Miso Ginger broth from Trader Joes

Harris Teeter has a BIG broth section. The HT website indicates they carry Imagine Hearth Bone Broth, which is "Our chicken, Beef and Turkey Bone Broth". You can check the HT site to see if your local store carries it. The website also indicates they carry Pacific Mushroom Broth (Amazon carries it if your HT doesn't). Finally Kitchen Basics Seafood Stock is carried by HT, but maybe not your HT

On Amazon - There is a variety of Pho broths. There is a few different Ramen broths. There is Thai Curry Bone Broth powder. There is a variety of Miso Soup powders or squeeze tubes (also probably at HT). There is something called sipping brother that comes in Lemongrass, or Pho or Curry Spice or Tomato basil. There is Lemongrass Chicken Bone Broth & Ginger Chicken Bone Broth. There is Tom Yum, powdered broth & Tom Yum pastes. There is Bone Broth, Turkey with Rosemary, Sage and Thyme.

You've probably already thought of this, but maybe adding buffalo sauce so you have a little spicy and tang. Mybe some liquid salsa or taco sauce. Add some of the sauce from canned Chipotle in Adobo.

In a slow cooker or Instapot you can infuse lots of different flavors into broth and strain out the solids. Like maybe tomatoes and italian spices? Or the ingredients of Tortilla soup? Or any veggie you like, maybe asparagus?

Hope that helps!

Ok, clear makes it harder ...
Some ideas
Miso Ginger broth from Trader Joes
Harris Teeter has a BIG broth section. The HT website indicates they carry Imagine Hearth Bone Broth, which is "Our chicken, Beef and Turkey Bone Broth". You can check the HT site to see if your local store carries it. The website also indicates they carry Pacific Mushroom Broth (Amazon carries it if your HT doesn't). Finally Kitchen Basics Seafood Stock is carried by HT, but maybe not your HT
On Amazon - There is a variety of Pho broths. There is a few different Ramen broths. There is Thai Curry Bone Broth powder. There is a variety of Miso Soup powders or squeeze tubes (also probably at HT). There is something called sipping brother that comes in Lemongrass, or Pho or Curry Spice or Tomato basil. There is Lemongrass chicken Bone Broth & Ginger Chicken Bone Broth. There is Tom Yum, powdered broth & Tom Yum pastes. There is Bone Broth, Turkey with Rosemary, Sage and Thyme.
You've probably already thought of this, but maybe adding buffalo sauce so you have a little spicy and tang. Mybe some liquid salsa or taco sauce. Add some of the sauce from canned Chipotle in Adobo.
In a slow cooker or Instapot you can infuse lots of different flavors into broth and strain out the solids. Like maybe tomatoes and italian spices? Or the ingredients of Tortilla Soup? Or any veggie you like, maybe asparagus?
Hope that helps!

Thank you! These are great ideas! I can’t do spicy, I’m a huge wuss! But everything else sounds awesome! Do you have a favorite out of all those?
And the soup tonight was in a slow cooker with TONS of veg and it was AMAZEBALLS! [emoji23]

SW: 255 VSG
CW: 252

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

5 hours ago, moondoggie1983 said:

Thank you! These are great ideas! I can’t do spicy, I’m a huge wuss! But everything else sounds awesome! Do you have a favorite out of all those?
And the Soup tonight was in a slow cooker with TONS of veg and it was AMAZEBALLS!

Oh, too bad you don't do spicy, that would probably be the easiest!

I haven't tried most of these. I was never on clear, my program goes straight to full liquids.

I have tried the Pacific chicken Bone Broth with Lemongrass. It is tiny and expensive, but tasted good. I got it at Walmart.com. I didn't like the Trader Joe's Miso Ginger broth, but it is obviously popular. TJ's has carried it for years, and they are quick to discontinue items that don't sell. I do like to make Miso soup out of squeeze bottle concentrate like Marukome Miso Easy (which on on Amazon).

I remember something I did do. This may not be a popular option because of the sodium levels. I used the soup packets out of Maruchan ramen to make broth. I like the Chicken Tortilla soup flavor, it's not spicy and available at Walmart. Also Maruchan has a Bowl called Taste of Asia Tonkotsu, which was really rich and satisfying, it looks like HT carries it.