Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I keep reading about you guys with all the energy and enthusiasm, but I just don't get it. I am exhausted. I'm normally a morning person and I can hardly drag myself out of bed. I have trouble focusing at work and start thinking about going to bed at 8:30. I'm just wiped out. I'm forcing myself to exercise (not as much as the doc would like) but otherwise, I have no desire to do anything. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

p.s. I get 70-80g of Protein a day and over 100 oz of Water.

I'd go get your thyroid tested, also Thiamine (T1) as well as your B12, D, and the rest of your Vitamins. Even ferritin to see if you're having any pre-existing lows.

But also, just eating so little makes you pretty tired. I started off with energy, but after a few weeks, I was tire. Now I'm eating more, my energy is back.

Vitamin levels out of whack can screw up energy for sure. Have them checked, do your follow ups.

I feel like a rug if I'm not getting at least 1000 calories a day.

Another thing to consider is depression. Lot of folks go through some big emotional upheaval in the months after their surgery. So much change, grieving the loss of a coping mechanism...it might figure in more than you realize.

12 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Vitamin levels out of whack can screw up energy for sure. Have them checked, do your follow ups.

I feel like a rug if I'm not getting at least 1000 calories a day.

Another thing to consider is depression. Lot of folks go through some big emotional upheaval in the months after their surgery. So much change, grieving the loss of a coping mechanism...it might figure in more than you realize.

41 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'd go get your thyroid tested, also Thiamine (T1) as well as your B12, D, and the rest of your Vitamins. Even ferritin to see if you're having any pre-existing lows.

But also, just eating so little makes you pretty tired. I started off with energy, but after a few weeks, I was tire. Now I'm eating more, my energy is back.

Thanks guys, I'll call the doctor and see if I can get my Vitamin levels checked early. They don't plan on doing them for another month.

Creekimp13, I hadn't considered depression. Maybe I'll make a followup call with the therapist if the Vitamins check out.

Thank you both for your concern!

Don't overlook the thyroid suggestion. I have been exhausted for years. Been asking my PCP if it could be my thyroid after exhausting all other avenues. I was hoping that my energy levels would change after surgery.

Just had my yearly physical and my PCP told me that I will likely be on thyroid meds by next year. Ticks me off that he has not been listening to me the past several years but, I am convinced that is what my problem is. I plan to see an endocronologist and be checked out asap.

Good luck.

I hit a wall 2 weeks after surgery. I got a B12 shot from my surgeon, and another one a month later, and I've been feeling great. Might want to see if you can get one, or if not do sublingual B12. The effect was almost immediate for me.

My nutritionist said this was pretty normal, especially for me -who drank 5-6 cups of coffee a day pre-surgery!! It affected my blood sugar levels. She said people who ate a lot of sugar before sometimes get almost hyper-glycemic after surgery. She said a bit if Water and juice should help. Of course, I bought orange juice and sipped it all day and it really helped! Nothing works like coffee though![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I hit a wall 2 weeks after surgery. I got a B12 shot from my surgeon, and another one a month later, and I've been feeling great. Might want to see if you can get one, or if not do sublingual B12. The effect was almost immediate for me.

Thanks, Sillykitty, but I've been taking B12 for nearly a year already. So, not that. I appreciate your suggestion!

4 hours ago, Acts238girl said:

My nutritionist said this was pretty normal, especially for me -who drank 5-6 cups of coffee a day pre-surgery!! It affected my blood sugar levels. She said people who ate a lot of sugar before sometimes get almost hyper-glycemic after surgery. She said a bit if Water and juice should help. Of course, I bought orange juice and sipped it all day and it really helped! Nothing works like coffee though!emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Not a coffee drinker, so that's not it either. I'm also much more salty than sweet. I wonder if it can be from plummeting sodium levels? Just kidding. Thanks for responding!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

12 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

Don't overlook the thyroid suggestion. I have been exhausted for years. Been asking my PCP if it could be my thyroid after exhausting all other avenues. I was hoping that my energy levels would change after surgery.

Just had my yearly physical and my PCP told me that I will likely be on thyroid meds by next year. Ticks me off that he has not been listening to me the past several years but, I am convinced that is what my problem is. I plan to see an endocronologist and be checked out asap.

Good luck.

My thyroid was checked before surgery, but I'll make sure they check it again at my 3-month checkup. Thanks!