Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had those. A lot of them. I didn't consider it a problem, it was just my way of saying goodbye to all the food I know I wasn't going to eat post op. I went all out the month before and never lied to my surgeon or anyone about what I did. That's how I overcame it. It was literally guilt free since I had nothing to hide.

If you gain easily just don't go all out on the sweets and carbs. I just didn't have an issue because I walk everywhere and still do. I've never owned my own car.

After I had my food funeral, it wasn't as hard going through the various food stages post op. I was one of those people that didn't have to do the pre op liquid diet. I just had to fast once it hit midnight once that day came.

I think having food funerals make the post op stage easier. If you have what you're craving now, you'll crave it less later, especially if your appetite returns. The first few days or weeks post op, you may not even be worried about food or eating. Lol

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-126
GW-130
Size- 2, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

I used ninja focus because regardless of the change you make, the actual issue is widespread, it just starts in our own cupboards. For example, when I was laid up recovering from surgery, one could imagine you will watch a little T.V. The food commercials are unbelievable to how many food ads run which honestly I never noticed and made me sick to my stomach.

I think most people do it, Funny thing is you can still eat everything you could before surgery after surgery, You just have to find the will power not too. Just remember what ever you gain now is more that you have to lose in the end :)

VSG: 1st Sept 2017. [emoji1037] 30. SW:130kg. CW: 88.8kg.

For me my taste changed. Most of the stuff I used to eat I just don't want and things I did not like taste OK now.

Oatmeal....really did not like it. Now I have a packet almost every morning.

I've had those. A lot of them. I didn't consider it a problem, it was just my way of saying goodbye to all the food I know I wasn't going to eat post op. I went all out the month before and never lied to my surgeon or anyone about what I did. That's how I overcame it. It was literally guilt free since I had nothing to hide.

If you gain easily just don't go all out on the sweets and carbs. I just didn't have an issue because I walk everywhere and still do. I've never owned my own car.

After I had my food funeral, it wasn't as hard going through the various food stages post op. I was one of those people that didn't have to do the pre op liquid diet. I just had to fast once it hit midnight once that day came.

I think having food funerals make the post op stage easier. If you have what you're craving now, you'll crave it less later, especially if your appetite returns. The first few days or weeks post op, you may not even be worried about food or eating. Lol

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-126
GW-130
Size- 2, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

False alarm, it was actually shark week cravings... I’ve since returned to my normal “diet”... lol... congrats on your success and I appreciate the input!

I did not have time for multiple food funerals. I got approved for my surgery on April 2nd and my surgery date was April 18. I literally had 12 hours to do my last meal before starting on two weeks of liquid Protein Drinks.

I do wish I had eaten more savory things that last meal. I am sick to death of the super sweet taste of the Bariatric Advantage.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:06 PM, Sammy 10-30 said:

The food commercials are unbelievable to how many food ads run which honestly I never noticed and made me sick to my stomach.

This! Even my friends who have no weight issues have commented in the week since my surgery that they never noticed how many commercials are about fast food, chips, Desserts, etc. One person said they saw four different pizza brands advertised during a 60 minute news program. (We are in Chicagoland, though.)

It's enough to make me pay the extra for fewer commercials on Hulu!

So I was approved for surgery April 10th with a surgery date of May 31st... I’ve noticed that I’ve been having food funerals since then...[emoji30] has anyone else had this problem? How did you all over come this stage? All advice is welcome

This soooo me too! I dream it then eat it thinking it’s my last meal ever!ugggggh! Surgery June 5 & I start pre-op liquids only may 26th!!! I hope I can quit these funerals!!! I feel your pain!

it is hard to take your little hand and wave Bye Bye but it must be done for your now and future weight loss. I am going to miss my home-made oatmeal raisin Cookies made with brown sugar in them. I can give up pancakes 🍛with Syrup, warm cake 🍰with caramel sauce but sniff sniff farewell you little soft sweetie pies. You've got to get going out of my life!🍪

I had a one day food funeral, four meals, all of my favorite fast food, 4,000 calories, and spent the night miserable with a stomach ache. It wasn't worth it for me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

I wouldn't recommend it. I think it's why dieting never worked for me. And if you're having VSG, there's probably not going to be anything you won't be able to tolerate in small does.

On 4/22/2018 at 4:16 AM, jes_x said:

I think most people do it, Funny thing is you can still eat everything you could before surgery after surgery, You just have to find the will power not too. Just remember what ever you gain now is more that you have to lose in the end :)

VSG: 1st Sept 2017. 30. SW:130kg. CW: 88.8kg.

this is so true and great advice. no need for funerals!