Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have a revision?

I'm in the process of having a revision from band to sleeve. Anyone else have it done? Did you do better with the sleeve? Is the weight loss slower or about the same as those who have the sleeve for the first time? I did well with the band for a few years, but years of complications, food getting stuck all the time, I've gained all my weight back and then some. Just curious how others are doing that have gone through a similar situation.

I'm in the process of having a revision from band to sleeve. Anyone else have it done? Did you do better with the sleeve? Is the weight loss slower or about the same as those who have the sleeve for the first time? I did well with the band for a few years, but years of complications, food getting stuck all the time, I've gained all my weight back and then some. Just curious how others are doing that have gone through a similar situation.

Hello, I had my revision on the 7th of April I’m 10 days post op.. im feeling ok. Just the head hunger is what gets to you. I’m trying to drink all my liquids. It gets overwhelming at times but other than that I’m feeling good I’ve lost 17lbs

I also had a revision on the 13th of February. So far everything is going as planned. I’ve lost 51 pounds in 8 weeks. Not sure how to compare the VSG with those that didn’t have lap band revision. I’m thinking each case will vary per person. I’d say stick with doctors instructions and you will have success.

My situation was similar to yours. I had the sleeve in 2012 and lost at first but then gained it back while having problems with an eroded band. I had the revision on December 18, 2017 and although I was active, ended up in the hospital in January for a week with bilateral pulmonary embolisms. (I noticed I was having problems breathing while hiking in a local state park two days earlier). I am on Elliquis now and doing great. My starting weight was 243 and I am already down to 181.6 after only 4 months. To me, the sleeve is much easier. After the initial recovery and brief stint in the hospital, it has been smooth sailing. I am careful to follow all of the guidelines and hardly ever feel hungry still. Except for my thyroid, all of my medical issues have resolved themselves so I am only taking the Elliquis and thyroid medicine now. (Oh, and ADHD medicine but that's not weight related). I have to admit, I wasn't as excited this time and was a little skeptical that it would work after my struggle with the band. However, I am so happy with the results now.

I had the bad in 2013 lost 80 gained 40 back

SW 205

Have my sleeve tomorrow down to 185

I wont miss being stuck everyday!

Good luck to you

I had the sleeve in 2006. I had some success but learned to eat around the band and gained enough back to want revision surgery. I’m 5 weeks post op with the sleeve. I don’t feel restricted like many of the sleevers who did not have revision. There is some but not like with my band. I’m only down 8 lbs since surgery but only have 32 pounds until I reach goal so weight loss is expected to be slow. My advice to you is figure out what motivates you to stay on plan, follow the plan, get your exercise, and log EVERYTHING! Head hunger is a b***h!

Banded 2008 and lost 101 lbs. Bounced back and fourth with 20 lbs for about 7 yrs before band slippage forced me to change over to the sleeve in 2015. I have now gained back half my weight loss. Waiting on a surgery date for RNY.

Edited by krash11

I had the sleeve in 2006. I had some success but learned to eat around the band and gained enough back to want revision surgery. I’m 5 weeks post op with the sleeve. I don’t feel restricted like many of the sleevers who did not have revision. There is some but not like with my band. I’m only down 8 lbs since surgery but only have 32 pounds until I reach goal so weight loss is expected to be slow. My advice to you is figure out what motivates you to stay on plan, follow the plan, get your exercise, and log EVERYTHING! Head hunger is a b***h!

How are you feeling 5 weeks post op? I’m 16 days post op. This head hunger is no joke.

How are you feeling 5 weeks post op? I’m 16 days post op. This head hunger is no joke.

I’m feeling pretty good. I really have to plan my daily food to make sure I don’t go overboard with the carbs! I’m trying to stay under 50 carbs a day. I’m getting around 750 calories a day in. It few like a struggle to get all the Water in but I manage. Many days I struggle with the motivation to get up and exercise. My goal is 10,000 steps a day and I probably hit that four days a week right now and the other days between 4000 and 8000 steps. The good news is I am down a little over 10 pounds since surgery. Just 30 more pounds to go until goal.