Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 days post op and am getting cold easily. I am staying under a pile of blankets and (to my husband’s delight) making him snuggle me to stay warm when he can.

I read this is normal, so I am not worrying. I am just looking for ways to stay warm other than wearing lots of layers of clothes or turning up the heat in the house (oil isn’t cheap lol). Any recommendations are welcome.

5 hours ago, Abrial said:

and am getting cold easily

A fairly common post-op manifestation.

I'm nearly six months post-op and even on a 32C (88F) day, I wear several layers after I leave the pool and gym. Losing two-thirds of my stomach meant I lost my temperature regulation.

im from the caribbean and its always hot as hell. i always turn up the airconditioning sky high everywhere. my collegues would go crazy. after the surgery, that all switched. im asking them to lower the AC, i drive windows a little bit open in the car, no more AC, and at home i just turn on the AC for an hour to get things cool and then turn it of cause i would be freezing .

afterloosing about 120 pund, i have less bodyfat to keep me warm too lol. it saves me ton of money on the electric boll tho

Seems normal. I noticed I used to be hot at work at all times. Everyone around me would be freezing, I would be hot. Now I noticed that’s evening out and I’m not as warm as I used to be.

April 3rd rny

Oh how I wish people understood my need for this surgery. My oldest simply thinks his father and I are lazy!! Wouldn’t here of our struggle, htn, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease.

It has only occurred to me this a.m. that “we” have to put our health and wealth ahead for ourselves and let others (family) grow up and take care of themselves.

We’ve catered to the point our children are only consumed with themselves .... oops! Times up. Love them enough to let them go.

As for my progress (husband had sleeve two yrs ago), I felt so hungry yesterday I wanted to make mashed potatoes and go crazy!! Of course I didn’t ... but boy howdy did I want to.

My husband bought me premium pre-mixed Protein Shakes (vanilla) ... wowza ... horrible ... we’re going to try another brand and flavour today. ... 9 days to puréed food ... oh I’m down 21 pounds .... I kept checking and rechecking: before Optifast 228.2 .... four days post-op 204!!

Have a great day all

36 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I was officially declared a popsicle yesterday. (sugar free of course ;) )

@FluffyChix

gotta luv you bud

THAT is a good one:lol:

kathy

And I want to be an Okios frozen yogurt, a little more thick but still nice to have around!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

This had me laughing.

April 3rd rny

Oh how I wish people understood my need for this surgery. My oldest simply thinks his father and I are lazy!! Wouldn’t here of our struggle, htn, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease.

It has only occurred to me this a.m. that “we” have to put our health and wealth ahead for ourselves and let others (family) grow up and take care of themselves.

We’ve catered to the point our children are only consumed with themselves .... oops! Times up. Love them enough to let them go.

As for my progress (husband had sleeve two yrs ago), I felt so hungry yesterday I wanted to make mashed potatoes and go crazy!! Of course I didn’t ... but boy howdy did I want to.

My husband bought me premium pre-mixed Protein Shakes (vanilla) ... wowza ... horrible ... we’re going to try another brand and flavour today. ... 9 days to puréed food ... oh I’m down 21 pounds .... I kept checking and rechecking: before Optifast 228.2 .... four days post-op 204!!

Have a great day all

You have to do what is best for yourself. I had a few ppl say the same thing to me. I used to let it bother me until I realized they were using me to talk about themselves and their issues. It is so easy to see our own faults in others (even if it others don’t have them) than in ourselves.

How awesome of you. Thank you, I’m really hearing you and feel an awakening.

Big news ... day 5 ... first bowel movement. .... it’s truly crazy the things that make me smile these days ... life is good.

I'm sitting here with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders! I'm one of those people who never got cold before. I assume it's my metabolism on strike for higher "wages" - it's telling me "if you won't put fuel on the fire, I won't give you any heat!"

Edited by Orchids&Dragons
I can't spell

Also "I don't like this idea of burning fat for fuel. I have decided to punish you by sending no heat up from your internal furnace. Don't bang on my pipes, I'm not listening to you, in fact I just might not ever speak to you again! So There!"

Also "I don't like this idea of burning fat for fuel. I have decided to punish you by sending no heat up from your internal furnace. Don't bang on my pipes, I'm not listening to you, in fact I just might not ever speak to you again! So There!"

Oh and “I will hate you until you get a clue and send me something from McDonald’s or Burger King. I am not settling for that healthy food you are sending me. No junk, no heat!” Lol