Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEX question

Hi Everyone,

Can band slippage occur from sex? Also, how soon after being banded can you have sex! (seems like the motion in that area would cause problems)icon10.gif

OK...Im ready for these responses!!!! (and yes I have, but very carefully)

Staci

Orlando FL

banded in Mexico 12-14-04

"Well behaved women rarley make history"

The day I got home from the hospital... but we were careful. I'm always more careful with things now. There was this one sorta upside-downy thing that we did that made me think the band popped off, so we don't do that one any more.

Staci, I thought the same thing when I got my band - the band in that area, with the movement could cause slippage.

The only instructions my doctor gave were, "NO rough sex for 3 weeks". So? We had "No rough sex for 3 weeks". Actually, weve had NO rough sex in YEARS!!!!! So that wasnt a hard instruction to follow!

Delarla that was to funny I actually spit my coffee out.

I actually never asked the question I just use it as another excuse not to do the wild thing.

Delarla,

I know what you mean about that upside downy thing....it kinda freaked me out too, thought I had blown a band!

Staci

I'm blushing at this thread!! But my dr. didn't say much about sex except to warn me from getting preggers. Seems as though as we lose the weight and get more energy, we tend to get a little more RANDY so he told me to make sure I had my choice of birth control taken care of and at hand!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

:smoke :smoke :nervous :nervous :eek: :o:P :P :) :eek: :guess :guess :D :D :laugh :laugh :kiss :kiss ;) ;)

Guest barb n mike

My husband and I were banded on the same day, and we waited about 3 weeks, but our bellys were smaller and it was like a new experience!

i could hardly walk , i can't even have though of sex.... but non the less. you band just doesn't stay around the stomach by gravity, it is actually stitched to the lining, and goes through the lining. so it would really be hard to move it or have it slip.. these doctores put these things in to stay... they don't want to "hope" they last.. they make them to last....

OMG you all are funny!! me and hubby stay way from rough sex now and im not banded... just becuase im afriad of breaking the bed from the weight hehehe. couple of middle legs are already broken... good use of old college books hehe

The upside-downy-thingy was something I came up with so that he had to do all the work (geeze, I had stitches in my belly, okay?) But I thought I was gonna cough up the band, so I started yelling at him to stop, which only turned him on more. Heck, I knew he was a man, but I married him anyway.

RO, very good point! Nice to know the surgeons don't want us coughing up a band.

SEX?? What is that?? Oh yeah I think I remember.