Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in their 20's have vsg

Hey there! I'm 25, pre op, but so far I'd have to say I think the only thing I think I wish turned out differently is the distance from some of my doctors (farthest is 1hr away shortest is 30/40 mins).
You really learn a lot about yourself and your eating habits, or at least I have, and so far the process has been pretty enlightening! While it seems pretty daunting/scary to me still I try to focus on my reasons for going through this and it tends to help me refocus a bit more.
I also know someone a little older than me who had her surgery last year at 28 and the only regret she has is that she didn't do it sooner. Hope this helps a bit :)

Hey! Well I am 25 and I had my sleeve done in June! I am currently down 80lbs. I have not regretted one thing about this surgery. I am happy and enjoying life doing things that I love to do!! I would do this a thousand times over. I still love my life and hang out with friends. I occasionally get wow you didn’t eat anything but that’s okay. Only my immediate family knows I had gotten the surgery but that was my decision. This was a life changing surgery for me!

Just like brae_issleeved said.. I'll do it over again times a thousand I swear to God I'm happy I didn't back out like I wanted at first because of fear.. Don't ever let fear or the what if's stop you for doing something that can change your life for the good.. I had my surgery in June.. I'm down 95 pounds as of today and I couldn't be more happier.. Only my mom.. And ex knows about my surgery. . I never draw attention to my eating habits so know one notices if they do I say I ate earlier.. My life has changed.. But for the better.. I look completely different.. I feel amazing.. I feel beautiful.. I have energy.. No pain.. When I go out I don't want to hide anymore.. Hell I'm front and center lol ... I say go for it.. Only if your 120% ready.. Good luck

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 24 and my surgery is tomorrow!

Not a female

But where I work I'd say at least half of bariatric patients are females under 40, many are in their 20s and early 30s

I'm 24 looking for others my age who are either considering having vsg or have had vsg what has your experience been like and would you do it over

Hey girl. I’m 28 and at the final stages of considering this surgery. I’ve been approved, have the available dates, just waiting to pull the trigger. Might shoot for thanksgiving time frame.

I am 21, going on 22 Dec. 11 and will have my op on Dec. 27. Decided I was tired of trying all other regimes that didn't work for me and opted for VSG. I'm excited, yet nervous about post-op and how well I'll be during pre-op liver shrinking diet. If you feel that vsg will be a great fit for you, just do it!! :)

In the hospital now recovering from my surgery yesterday. It was v chill. Very little pain. I stopped using morphine almost right away. Making my way through some Water and tea right now.

I am 23! I had my surgery on October 20. Including my pre-op (which was a month long) I am down 40 pounds and 17 inches overall. Feels so great. I definitely felt regretful immediately following the surgery while I was still in the hospital, but it really does get better. I am so excited to have a new lifestyle and looking forward to the rest of my journey.

Hey I’m 21 turning 22 in December and I’m also in the process for a life change . Best of luck .

Hey! I’m 22 & I am in the pre-op stage. I am really excited. My mom had gastric bypass while I was growing up and she had a great recovery. I am mainly concerned that I am having it done at the facility that I work at.. I’m afraid that I will not be able to keep it a private matter. Also, I’m a RN in the ER... so I’m very nervous about my recovery time & when that will allow me to truly go back to work. What are y’alls thoughts?

Best of luck to everyone [emoji4]

20 minutes ago, RachelHackney said:

Hey! I’m 22 & I am in the pre-op stage. I am really excited. My mom had gastric bypass while I was growing up and she had a great recovery. I am mainly concerned that I am having it done at the facility that I work at.. I’m afraid that I will not be able to keep it a private matter. Also, I’m a RN in the ER... so I’m very nervous about my recovery time & when that will allow me to truly go back to work. What are y’alls thoughts?

Best of luck to everyone

Im having my surgery where I work too (im an RN in the OR) So im just gonna be straight forward about it. I told the people im really close with, and that way its not going to be much of a secret or suprise when I actually go through with it. From experience I find secrets tend to come out