Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be 3 months post op of RNY Gastric Bypass and today I took a pregnancy test which gave a positive result. I am absolutely petrified on what to do because it is so early in my journey. Has anyone experienced this or going through the same thing? I’m so confused on what to do. I plan on calling my doctors tomorrow and scheduling an appointment.

Good luck. You will need extra nutrition and follow all the dr's advice to the letter.

What birth control were you using? Just curious.

Get an abortion .

I honestly am appalled you would reply that to someone on any forum.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, shareeann said:

Get an abortion .

wait what??!!!!! smdh

15 hours ago, Israh said:

I will be 3 months post op of RNY Gastric Bypass and today I took a pregnancy test which gave a positive result. I am absolutely petrified on what to do because it is so early in my journey. Has anyone experienced this or going through the same thing? I’m so confused on what to do. I plan on calling my doctors tomorrow and scheduling an appointment.

first off congrats and do what you feel is the right thing for you sweetie

Get an abortion .

That is so freaking rude, how dare you fix your mouth to say such a thing. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you don't have children, you probably don't because you probably selfishly aborted them. I can't stand ignorance. Grow up

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

9 minutes ago, Syaniya said:

Why? We know we can't eat enough to have a baby when we do the surgery. They tell you Do NOT get pregnant with in two yrs.

10 minutes ago, Syaniya said:

1 minute ago, readytolose727 said:

That is so freaking rude, how dare you fix your mouth to say such a thing. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you don't have children, you probably don't because you probably selfishly aborted them. I can't stand ignorance. Grow up

You the igonorant one thinking it ok to have babies after this surgery . I have 3 children actually .

Actually it was a poorly worded statement to just say get an abortion. However, when I went through bariatric surgery 2 yrs ago my surgeon didn't mince words during the classes with the ladies. If you get pregnant within 18mons of having bariatric surgery the recommendation is to get an abortion. You risk the health of yourself and the baby any time before then. Being pregnant shortly after bariatric surgery can kill you! The question we all were asked was did we have our tubes tied/hysterectomy or we on a long term birth control such as depo or IUD, etc. If not, recommendations were made and they could work with our OB to discuss options. The personal questions were done during appointments. But the eye openers were during the meetings so they could be discussed openly.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

You the igonorant one thinking it ok to have babies after this surgery . I have 3 children actually .

Not ignorant at all, children are a blessing. I guess you probably would have 10 kids if you didn't go to the clinic. For you to be so shallow to just blurt out abortion is ridiculous. I'm done with this. I said what I had to say.

16 hours ago, Israh said:

My surgeon gave us a stern warning about this -- its not uncommon, evidently, because fat is free birth control hormonally, and when it goes, so does the free BC. Best wishes to you and baby -- you'll be fine!

11 minutes ago, readytolose727 said:

Not ignorant at all, children are a blessing. I guess you probably would have 10 kids if you didn't go to the clinic. For you to be so shallow to just blurt out abortion is ridiculous. I'm done with this. I said what I had to say.

Glad you know all about me. Your a little judgmental don't you think? For not knowing me. It was just a suggestion. Simmer down.

4 minutes ago, shareeann said:

Glad you know all about me. Your a little judgmental don't you think? For not knowing me. It was just a suggestion. Simmer down.

"Get an abortion" is just such a useless post -- and you know it.

10 minutes ago, shareeann said:
23 minutes ago, readytolose727 said:

Maybe you didn't talk frankly at your classes that you need when you do this surgery . I could have said it differently for sensitive people.