Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Same weight for 7 days

In had gastric bypass 9/5. Surgery weight was 314.5 when I came home from the hospital I was 317.5 and went down to 302 the first 10 days. Problem is I haven't lost since. I know there are stalls but this is frustrating. I am taking in maybe 800 cals a day and don't see how I can stay the same weight for a week eating that few cals. Does this happen to everyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

It happened to me and it seems to happen to everyone! You're still swollen and retaining a ton of Fluid. You probably will be for about a month. I didn't loose much until I could start eating real food around week 4. It's crazy, but it will happen!

Totally normal! You're experiencing the dreaded three week stall. I had bypass on 9/1 and am going through the same thing. Our bodies just need a chance to catch up. And as many people will tell you, you are likely still losing fat and going down in clothing sizes even if the scale is stuck. Hang in there! We just have to stick to our plans :)

My surgery was Aug. 24th and at my 2-week post-op visit, I had lost 14 lbs. I was so excited. Yesterday, I was 4 weeks post op and I've only lost 4 more lbs. (for a total of 18 lbs. since surgery). I had hoped to lose another 10 lbs at least by now! I'm getting in an avg of 900 calories per day and my surgeon says thatxs perfect since the greater part of my Protein is coming from real food rather than Protein Shakes and supplements. I have my 4-week post-op visit next week (which will be more like 5 weeks post-op) and I'm anxious about what my surgeon is going to say about my minimal weight loss. [emoji52]

HW 280

CW 256

SW 274

DOS 8/24/17

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I lost like 19 lbs in the first week, and since then not much at all. I am trying to step up this week and start my exercise. I too, see my surgeon next week for my 4 week follow up. I hope the exercise will start up the weight loss again.

do a search on the "three week stall". Happens to almost everyone. Just stick to your program and stay off the scale if you have to. It *will* break.

My surgery was Aug. 24th and at my 2-week post-op visit, I had lost 14 lbs. I was so excited. Yesterday, I was 4 weeks post op and I've only lost 4 more lbs. (for a total of 18 lbs. since surgery). I had hoped to lose another 10 lbs at least by now! I'm getting in an avg of 900 calories per day and my surgeon says thatxs perfect since the greater part of my Protein is coming from real food rather than Protein Shakes and supplements. I have my 4-week post-op visit next week (which will be more like 5 weeks post-op) and I'm anxious about what my surgeon is going to say about my minimal weight loss. [emoji52]
HW 280
CW 256
SW 274
DOS 8/24/17

I had surgery the day before you, and I lost 16 in the first week, and I was at 18 by the next day. When I went to my 1 week post-op, my surgeon said that was great, but it wouldn't come off as quick as that from now on. When I had seen my primary doctor for my 2 week post-op, I believe he said that it was too much in one week. Overall, I've lost about 26-27. I'd say it just depends on your body and how it is adjusting. It will get better.

I have been the same weight for a week too. I am only 3 weeks out! I feel I should have lost at least something at 300-400 calories a day! I guess my body was really well designed to deal with starvation!

Folks -

please search this site for posts on the three week stall. There are thousands of postings on it because almost everyone experiences it. Bariatric centers should be telling their patients about this so they don't freak out (ours does....). Just stick to your program and stay off the damn scale for a few days. The weight loss WILL start up again!

My Doctor did tell me I would hit a stall on week three she said it could last a few days but it could also last up to two weeks she said just continue to do what I have been and it will be OK :) good luck everyone

Surgery date was 9-13-17 - Have lost 30lbs total as of today ( Including pre op 2 day liquid diet ( Lost 9lbs ) Next week will be my 3 week, see what happens with the stalls..... Just dont have much of an appetite yet, and thats bugging me, looking forward to regular food!