Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I live in the metro Houston are, and have been hit hard by Hurricane Harvey. I was "supposed" to fly out on Monday 8/28 for surgery in Mexico.... well that has been cancelled. My flight has been cancelled, now I have to wait till 8/28 to reschedule everything. I have completed my 2 weeks of pre-op, all for nothing.... I am so sad... But please no sadness for me, please send prayers to all the flood victims and people who have lost everything. Surgery can be rescheduled, but some people have lost so much more!

All the prayers to those in Texas suffering from this beast. And stay positive.. best you there with your family and/or friends. [emoji1374]

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

I'm keeping everyone in Southeast Texas in my thoughts.....

Although I'm in North Texas, the residual storm effects (torrential rain, winds, lighter flooding) have been happening here. We're all going to need to pull together to address the devastation.

Again, I'll be thinking of the affected residents of the Texas Gulf Coast.

My prayers and heart are for all those getting hit with Harvey! Even more rain is expected in Houston. If you can get out please do so!

15 hours ago, Talbottwifey said:

I live in the metro Houston are, and have been hit hard by Hurricane Harvey. I was "supposed" to fly out on Monday 8/28 for surgery in Mexico.... well that has been cancelled. My flight has been cancelled, now I have to wait till 8/28 to reschedule everything. I have completed my 2 weeks of pre-op, all for nothing.... I am so sad... But please no sadness for me, please send prayers to all the flood victims and people who have lost everything. Surgery can be rescheduled, but some people have lost so much more!

I feel your pain. I hate to even post anything because it seems so selfish but I can't help the way that I feel. I am in the Houston area and this flooding storm is devastating! I have lived through Katrina and the images are bringing me back. My last weigh in is tomorrow and I just keep wondering how it is going to be handled...is my insurance going to give me some leeway that my last weigh in wasn't at 30-31 days from my last? I understand this is going to push my surgery back and I can accept that but if my insurance denies after all of the time and money, heart and soul I have put into this process because I physically could not get to the doctors office for my last visit I will be heartbroken.

But this little issue is minor compared to the devastation that is all over Houston. Please don't beat me up people - I am flooded in and this is something that is important to me so I can't help but have my thoughts continue to drift to what is going to happen while I sit here with cabin fever and try my best not to eat everything in the house!

My thoughts are with everyone affected...

I am also in Houston in midtown. We were spared the wind and flood damage that so many are suffering from right now. My heart is breaking for all the displaced families. I have bypass surgery scheduled for Wed at 1:00n and don't know if it will still go fwd that day. I'm sure I'll learn tomorrow. It does seem like a set back but what is important is that we made this decision to improve or health and we are still on that path. Prayers for Texas!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BariatricPal mobile app

Prayers for everyone affected by Harvey from southern IL.

You have every right to be disappointed, I guess other Texans are in the same boat. Bad Harvey. I hope you get rescheduled promptly. I hope congress comes through with federal funding to help TX and LA rebuild. I hope bariatricpals are able to find the supplies they need to stay safe and on program.

Edited by Apple203