Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone. I'm CJ and I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I am scheduled to have a SIPS modified DS on September 14th. I've been lurking, trying to decide which forum I liked best. I finally decided to join here, because people on this site seem warm and friendly, without judgment. I see lots of support, without too much advice giving (except when asked). A few forums I looked at seemed to have some very dominant personalities that were very anti SIPS which kind of scared me off.

I'm excited and nervous about this new phase of my life. Today, I had my pre-surgical Upper GI series...gotta love that barium. The radiologist promised me he'd have something that tasted even worse for me after my surgery (keeping a sense of humor)...

Since I couldn't have coffee before my test this morning...and I have some other tests that need to be done fasting, I decided I'd use this as an opportunity to go off coffee before the surgery...I'm a little sleepy and a touch cranky, but thankfully no headache!

Anyway, I'm sure I have a million questions I want to ask all of you, but for now I just wanted to say hello.

Hi there! and YES HE IS RIGHT. The contrast they make you drink after surgery right before the X-ray is worse than anything I've ever had in my entire life. That was probably the worst experience of my whole surgery lol. I literally cried and begged them to please not make me drink it. I was told I couldn't be discharged without this xray and without drinking it. Think consistency of dishwashing soap, with a taste of dishwashing soap and a bitter alcohol. So thick and gross. I chugged it, threw up and cried as I walked back to my room. lmao kind of funny now when I look back because I threw a tantrum like a child. It was bad. lol Good luck to you on your journey!

OMG! I hadn't imagined anything quite so awful....dish soap....yummm....it is what it is...I'm certainly not going to let one disgusting drink scare me off! I wonder if it comes in my choice of flavors...LOL

After my sleeve the contrast did make me sick, after my DS it did not. It reminds me of super sweet Lysol lol. Take your puke bag with you, take 2 swallows of it and you should be fine. Just think after that you get liquids [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I just wanted to say hi. I am having SIPS on 9/11. I am praying yhat the swallow isn't as bad as when I had the sleeve done. I cried because it was thick and gross and I couldn't swallow it down fast enough and there were 4 ppl in the room fussing at me. I wish you much success and health.

Oh great...my choice of flavors are dishsoap with bitter alcohol or super sweet Lysol! Certianly something to look forward to!

Honestly, that is the least of my concerns following surgery. I'll do whatever they tell me I have to...heck, I'm giving up coffee! That shows my degree of willingness! One disgusting drink doesn't worry me a bit.

10 minutes ago, court2180 said:

After my sleeve the contrast did make me sick, after my DS it did not. It reminds me of super sweet Lysol lol. Take your puke bag with you, take 2 swallows of it and you should be fine. Just think after that you get LIQUIDS

so yours was done in two separate surgeries? Mine will be done in one procedure...so I'll be having the sleeve at the same time as they move my intestines around...

Welcome CJ. I'll bet you are getting really excited about this time. And you sound like you are totally ready for this life changing Journey. I hope you will keep us updated. There are many nice people on here and each of us, have our own opinions. Just take what you need and leave the rest. Again welcome & Congratulations!!

Oh great...my choice of flavors are dishsoap with bitter alcohol or super sweet Lysol! Certianly something to look forward to!
Honestly, that is the least of my concerns following surgery. I'll do whatever they tell me I have to...heck, I'm giving up coffee! That shows my degree of willingness! One disgusting drink doesn't worry me a bit.

OMG I'm DYING for coffee...3 more weeks [emoji16][emoji16]
I have Decaf but what's the point of that lol!

Welcome and let us know if we can be of any help.

Howdy Back!

Today is my pre-surgical evaluation by my primary care doctor. I went this morning for bloodwork (because it had to be fasting) and I'm going back this afternoon for the rest...not nervous, but definitely a little excited...this surgery will be here sooner than I know it!

@cjsunshine I remember I did my bloodwork and my surgeon's office got all my results and then BOOM had a surgery date for 2 weeks later! Super exciting as time comes closer and closer!! The anticipation!

Oh, I have my date already. My surgery is scheduled for 9/14. Anticipation and a little nervousness...I'm kind of finding it hard to concentrate.