Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update on Life After Banding..

Hi Everybody!!!

Boy, have I missed you guys! Thanks for the "Where's Donali" thread a few weeks back. I check in occasionally, but I confess that it has be impossible to keep up over here.

I am so proud of all of you as you meet your journeys with courage and strength, even when you think you are not up to the challenge of what your life entails, YOU ARE DOING IT!! YOU ARE A SUCCESS!! Because you are HERE, and kicking, and breathing.

First, let me give all of you who are struggling with one thing or another a great big hug - hopefully your current trial/tribulation will be short-lived and that life will get better and easier very quickly.

For those of you rejoicing in goals met and dreams come true, whoooo hooo!! Congratulations!! I rejoice with each and every one of you.

Well, my beloved LBT family, a quick update.

I am SO in love!!! lol :knockedou :banana lol Yes, those are stars in my eyes... :knockedou

Life just keeps on getting better with my beloved S.O. - he's in Germany for a couple weeks, so I have a little down time on my hands which is a nice balance for our whirlwind of activities when he's here. He's a paleontologist, so we go on field trips almost every weekend. This may sound a little crazy, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE road trips, digging in the dirt, and looking for stuff on the ground. As a self-confessed packrat, I am in seventh-heaven collecting stuff that actually gets approval!! :P I don't care what it is, as long as I get to collect and hoard. heheh So on our 10 day road trip to the Dallas, TX area, no one was prouder than I that we came back with 350 POUNDS of fossilized sea creatures and various mineral bearing rocks.

When we're not digging in the ground, we're at the beach, collecting shells. My current obsession is the wavy turban - a snail shell that can get up to over 4 inches wide across the base. I won't even try and tell you how many we have now, in various sizes. Suffice it to say that on ONE day of collecting we came home with over 30 of them.... Multiply that by five or six times, and... lol No, we can never have company over again!

The only little cloud on my horizon of happiness has been the creeping up of my weight. I know exactly what I need to do to arrest the trend, and maybe even start it back downward... It's just, well... Doing it. :guess I know you ALL understand exactly what I mean!

But I'm happy and healthy, and hopeful. And isn't that the main goal of life, anyway? So in a way, I'm AT goal - in the big picture, at least. I still have some mini-things to work on, like my weakness for free food... :ermm My aversion to exercise... ;) I just need to dig out my plan for success posted back in 7/04, and reacquaint myself with the "plan".

I love you guys - you truly are a second family to me. Hopefully I can drop by more often, but even when I'm not here, please know that I'm pulling for each and every one of you! Oh, and if you want to contact me privately, would you mind sending me an email? I have 69 messages in my PM, and we only get 100, and I hate to delete any of them... I know, true pack rat to the core. FlyLady would not be proud... lol

Hugs, Sunshine, Happiness, Joy, and Love!!!

xxoo

It is so good to hear that you are doing so well. Thanks for checking in while you could so we know there is no reason to worry. Congratulations on your very successful relationship! :Bunny

Donali, what a wonderful post! So glad to hear that all is well with you, that you're happy, and in love. He sounds like a very lucky guy. What great adventures you two are having together! Take care of yourself and "drop in" here whenever you can. We love to hear from you!

I HAVE TRULY MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that you checked in on us...we need it every once in a while....Glad you are doing well and seeing stars...But, don't forget us!!!!

What a nice bubbly letter! I had to smile the whole time I was reading it. I am glad you found the love of your life, and that you are enjoying the same life style he does. We love hearing from you, and will look forward to the time you can post again with us. In the meantime, enjoy your new life and your new love.

Hi Sweetheart.

I sure have missed you. So happy to hear how good you are.

You always loved the romantic stories and how you have one!!!.

When I come on this board and read.., I say to myself "What would Donali say?" You always had the best advice with such a positive attitude.

Again, We love to hear from you!

OH wow it's great to know your doing soooo wonderfully! We have all thought of you so much and professed our great distress at not hearing from you as much but it's wonderful you came to check in with us! Congratulations on finding such a wonderful guy, I wish you all the happiness in the world...we are here anytime you need ANYTHING!! please come back OFTEN!!!!!!!

When Life is good you are at goal.

Congratulations! I know we all love you right back. We'll keep an eye out for you here, and I'll email. I understand just how hard it can be to delete the PM's.

Donali, while in Baja, Mexico, I went collecting in the tidepools. The octopus was too wiggly to keep, but I found a couple real gulf balls (snort snort) that you would envy. Apparently, the guys like to see how far they can whack balls when the tide is out. Pretty far! Hi darling, wonderful to see you!

So nice to hear from you and see your lovely smiling face again. How could any of us not be filled with joy after reading your note. You are a remarkably beautiful person inside and out. You always think to build up others and share from your spirit to help and encourage others. I wish you continued success, love and joy. Life is great for you and we are thrilled for you. Check in with us so we can continue to share your love and joy. Love and best wishes for continued happy life and joy.

No Better reason to stay away then being in LOVE!

Loved your inspiring post. I can hear your voice as I read it!

Thanks for all of the enouraging words

So happy to hear you are doing so well & don't be such a stranger..you have been missed ;)

Donali-

How I've missed the sunshine you always bring with you! Although I know that you are struggling with your weight and I can imagine how hard it is to deal with all those habits without the band...you still always amaze me with your positivity.

Thanks so much for checking in. I guess I assumed that since we hadn't heard from you that things must be going very well for you. I'm glad it's true. You deserve to be happy. And happiness has not a whole heck of a lot to do with the numbers on a scale!!!

Love,

Megan

Your joy shines through your message. Congratulations on your new love! Those scale numbers will gradually go back down, but meanwhile -- who cares?!