Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months post surgery

GM! Everyone ! I had my surgery February 20/17! And I can truly say this is the best decision of my life! I worked out everyday at the YMCA did all kind of diets ate clean foods drunk a gallon of Water everyday but still couldn't get out of the 200 lb mark! I decided to take full control of my destiny and have the sleeve surgery on February 20/17 I have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure and congested heart failure! After seeing my parents and both grandparents struggle with these illnesses, I didn't want my children to have to deal with me going through the same! So I had the sleeve done at Ochsner in Baton Rouge, LA with Dr. Kim! And as of today I am down from a size 18 to a twelve and still losing! My goal is a 6! I weighed this morning and I have lost 40 lbs! I can't tell you how excited I am! I'm finely out of the 200 lbs mark! If you are trying to decide to have this surgery ! Like NIKE say! Just Do It! By the way no one wanted me to have it done! But it's my body my life and I made my own mine up! Now they are saying how good I look lol ! That's all for now! Just feeling myself today! Be Blessed !

Your weight loss is inspiring!! I can't wait to be below 200.

Do you have any advice on what has worked well for you the first 2 months?

Sure! Sipping Water constantly! And walking or doing something to burn calories! I started walking around the house every two commercials that came in TV! Then I gradually walked to the mail box twice a day! Then I walked 4 houses down from mine until I was able to walk in my neighborhood! When I doctor gave me the approval I went back to the YMCA everyday and I did my water aerobics class with modifications! I didn't want to hurt myself or pull any stitches so I did what I could do in class! Tonight my water Zumba teacher let me teach the class ! I told her when I reach goal I wanted to be a Zumba instructor ! She was excited ! So my advice to you is follow your doctors order to the letter! The weight will come off! I'm still not eating any starches or carbohydrates or any sugar! Only a few vegetables cooked soft! I am taking in and average of 300 calories a day and burning over 1000 in water aerobics class and water Zumba on Thursdays! If I can do it so can you! Good talking to you!

Sure! Sipping Water constantly! And walking or doing something to burn calories! I started walking around the house every two commercials that came in TV! Then I gradually walked to the mail box twice a day! Then I walked 4 houses down from mine until I was able to walk in my neighborhood! When I doctor gave me the approval I went back to the YMCA everyday and I did my water aerobics class with modifications! I didn't want to hurt myself or pull any stitches so I did what I could do in class! Tonight my water Zumba teacher let me teach the class ! I told her when I reach goal I wanted to be a Zumba instructor ! She was excited ! So my advice to you is follow your doctors order to the letter! The weight will come off! I'm still not eating any starches or carbohydrates or any sugar! Only a few vegetables cooked soft! I am taking in and average of 300 calories a day and burning over 1000 in water aerobics class and water Zumba on Thursdays! If I can do it so can you! Good talking to you!

Caddygirl since you are only eating 300 calories a day have you lost any hair. I'm concern about that. I was VSG on 4 April 2017 and happy with the decision thus far, but I can't eat much, really I'm still on liquid diet

Thank you!

Just wondering how,many stalls you've had along the way? 300 calories seems so low. I am just over 3 weeks out and been in a stall since arpil 8th. A couple days ago I lost one pound thought the stall was broken and it has not moved since then [emoji24][emoji24]. I was getting about 500 calories a day and know thats still low, so am trying to get in more but its hard. At 300 calories a day, seems as if you'd have had some stalls along the way. Have you and how long did they last? Dont know what to do to break it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

300 calories doesn't sound nutritionally safe, you will lose a lot of muscle. Is this Dr recommended?

Caddygirl since you are only eating 300 calories a day have you lost any hair. I'm concern about that. I was VSG on 4 April 2017 and happy with the decision thus far, but I can't eat much, really I'm still on liquid diet

No I haven't lost any hair ! Thank God! My hair has grown 4 inches longer than it was! I lost all my hair 5 years ago do to chemo! I have always taken GNC Mega Women Vitamins which has Biotin in it! So when I decide to have my sleeve done I started taking 10,000 mg of Biotin which dissolves on your tongue! And I can truly say my hair has gotten thicker and longer! And my skin looks so much better! I have a before and after picture somewhere on this site! But try the Biotin! [emoji3]

Just wondering how,many stalls you've had along the way? 300 calories seems so low. I am just over 3 weeks out and been in a stall since arpil 8th. A couple days ago I lost one pound thought the stall was broken and it has not moved since then [emoji24][emoji24]. I was getting about 500 calories a day and know thats still low, so am trying to get in more but its hard. At 300 calories a day, seems as if you'd have had some stalls along the way. Have you and how long did they last? Dont know what to do to break it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I would love to eat a little more but right now that's about all I can take in and that's mostly protein! I eat just a little of soft cooked vegetables! I have the Lose it app on my iPhone and I log everything on it! Including my exercise for the day ! It helps me keep track of what I'm taking in and what I'm burning! I did have one stall right after surgery when I came home from the hospital I weighed and I had dropped 20 lbs! I was shocked! After that I stalled for a week ! That's when I started walking in my neighborhood! Until my doctor let me return to the YMCA! Now I do Water aerobics everyday except Saturday and Sunday's ! Thursdays is water Zumba! We also use water weights in the pool! Can't wait to go hit the heavy weights!