Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What were you scared of?

Hi everyone,

I am one week out to my surgery date and I have one fear that I know is ridiculous but it still is in my head.

Fear of it not working and me going through this for nothing. What were your fears before surgery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I am scheduled March 31. Ok, my BIGGEST fear is something going terribly wrong and everyone thinking, all this because she was so weak she could t loose weight on her own!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm getting surgery in Tijuana in 10 days. I know it's not shady as I've done tons of research and a friend did the exact procedure with the same provider. My fear though is something going wrong while I'm far from home, and not having it covered later on by my US insurance. However after discussing with my primary Dr he said most surgeons don't want to "fix" another's because of how much work is involved, no matter where they are located. Kind of "damned if you do damned if you don't" so I'm taking my chances!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Positive thoughts, positive results. I know it sounds simple but I'm still in the beginning & my fear is the whole approval (well was) I'm still awaiting the sleep apnea test & I keep hearing people talk about this denial part so much that I almost wanted to back down. But I know I need this so I'm just focusing on that one word "approved"....just channel your fears into positive energy and you'll be fine. I know you're going to great on your new journey ?? Best wishes ??

I am a fiercely positive person, and always try to be that way. And, you would think that, as someone who has had multiple major surges before would be prepared. But the closer we get to my date (2/22), I become more and more scared of a major complication, or not waking up after surgery. I'm also a perfectionist by nature and my weight is the thing that I have failed at, and I'm terrified of doing it again. Working so hard to keep myself as healthy as possible so these aren't things I need to worry too much more about.

I am also positive. And I know, logically, this surgery is very safe, but I also know that anytime you get put under that there can be complications. I've looked at both sides and decided that small risk is worth it. I've had so many friends that have had this done and don't regret it a bit. They are so much healthier!

I too am headed to Tijuana. I can't imagine going through all the hoops I'm reading about here in the states and my insurance absolutely won't pay for it anyway.

I'm a worrier at heart... I haven't even met with my surgeon yet. I have an appointment next week, but I'm still trying to figure out if the risks are worth it. Being overweight has its own risks too though!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have 3 teenagers at home. I worry about how complications would affect them.

But, I bounce back to looking at the people around me (weight-related depression, job insecurity, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, dementia, neuropathy, retinopathy, sepsis, pulmonary ebolism...) and I see my own future. I have just started blood pressure medication and am prediabetic.

And I realize that I need to do something NOW. If all goes well, I'll be a BETTER parent. If it doesn't, well, at least they saw me TRY to better myself.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

I am scheduled March 31. Ok, my BIGGEST fear is something going terribly wrong and everyone thinking, all this because she was so weak she could t loose weight on her own!

And that's why I'm not telling a lot of people! My husband is the only family member that knows. Doesn't help that I'm the only overweight person in my family...