Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that you are going to hit many stall during this journey but it's be about three weeks and I was wondering if there is something I can do to help it along I had surgery on the 21 of November and I know I don't get enough Water in so for the past few days I been getting about 48 ounces in I'm doing good with Protein I exercise about 5 days out the week.

Hw 414 SW 393 CW 360

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using the BariatricPal App

almost everyone experiences their first stall within the first month or so after surgery. It's so common it has a name (at least on the internet forums) - the "three-week stall". It often happens during the third week out (hence the name), but not always. I had mine weeks 2 & 3. For some people, it's at a month out or even six weeks. But that's what's going on. About all you can do is just stick to your plan and it *will* break. When mine finally broke during week 4, I dropped like 6 or 8 lbs within a couple of days. Just hang on!!!

You'll get wonderful comments concerning stalls since they are so common so I will add something else.

Keep working on your Water intake, it's as important as Protein in our journey. I rarely feel thirsty, maybe it's years of thinking it's hunger instead of thirst, often confusing the two. It's something I continue to work on. I still hit 64 oz but it's a constant challenge, and I'd love to get to 100 oz daily. It is a daily reminder of the commitment to my program.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I am only six weeks post-op and have already stalled twice...the first time in week 3 and the 2nd time in week 5. Like others have posted, hang in there...plateaus are common and the weight will come off. I have learned from others on several different sites that our weight loss will look more like a set of stair-steps...you will have weeks of great weight loss and others where you have no loss showing up on the scale. The scale will eventually catch up. :)

For those of you who had stalls - did you stick to same diet plan? Or did you change a little to get back to losing again?

I just stuck to my program. Stalls are just a normal part of losing weight. I know some people try to shake things up, though

I know that you are going to hit many stall during this journey but it's be about three weeks and I was wondering if there is something I can do to help it along I had surgery on the 21 of November and I know I don't get enough Water in so for the past few days I been getting about 48 ounces in I'm doing good with Protein I exercise about 5 days out the week.

Hw 414 SW 393 CW 360

I don't change anything, the stall will eventually end. How long have you stalled for? I don't consider it a stall unless I haven't lost in 7 days. From your stats it looks like you've lost 33lbs in 3 weeks!? So unless you lost the 33 in the first 2 weeks you are probably not in a stall. I think I was down about 12lbs at three weeks in and then I had a 7 day stall during which I gained a lb. Celebrate your progress. I wish I lost that fast :). I'm 3 months in and just finished my most recent stall which was 10 days and involved gaining a lb before I dropped again. Ps. The stalls are when you lose inches.

Im 25 days post op and I haven't lost anything in 9 days. I didn't even realize I was in a stall until checked the scale today.

Quite discouraging.

Hw 414 SW 393 CW 360

I don't change anything, the stall will eventually end. How long have you stalled for? I don't consider it a stall unless I haven't lost in 7 days. From your stats it looks like you've lost 33lbs in 3 weeks!? So unless you lost the 33 in the first 2 weeks you are probably not in a stall. I think I was down about 12lbs at three weeks in and then I had a 7 day stall during which I gained a lb. Celebrate your progress. I wish I lost that fast :). I'm 3 months in and just finished my most recent stall which was 10 days and involved gaining a lb before I dropped again. Ps. The stalls are when you lose inches.
Thanks you for that information yes it was the first two weeks when I lost the 33 pounds and haven't lost anything since.

I have stalled.... This week I only lost [.2 ] lbs. I even started a new workout regiment....I think its bc Im not getting enough calories. I re-started an online food journal (fitness pal) and according to it, in the last week i haven't gone above 400 calories this past week.

Im trying....but the point of getting sleeved is to CUT food consumption.....right? My mind is trying to wrap itself around how im supposed to eat MORE to LOOSE weight... pureed food looks like puke. Protein shakes taste like ass & they make me wanna puke. Imma greek yogurt-it more this week &see what happens.

I will be glad when I can eat food ya chew. I'll KNOW what to eat then! Veggies & whole foods that DON'T taste like ass & look like puke! Ha!

#thisSOMEstr8BSyo

I have stalled.... This week I only lost [.2 ] lbs. I even started a new workout regiment....I think its bc Im not getting enough calories. I re-started an online food journal (fitness pal) and according to it, in the last week i haven't gone above 400 calories this past week. Im trying....but the point of getting sleeved is to CUT food consumption.....right? My mind is trying to wrap itself around how im supposed to eat MORE to LOOSE weight... pureed food looks like puke. Protein Shakes taste like ass & they make me wanna puke. Imma greek yogurt-it more this week &see what happens. I will be glad when I can eat food ya chew. I'll KNOW what to eat then! Veggies & whole foods that DON'T taste like ass & look like puke! Ha!#thisSOMEstr8BSyo

It definitely gets better when you can eat real regular food. I made a lot of Soups in the purée stage. Good luck!

I have stalled.... This week I only lost [.2 ] lbs. I even started a new workout regiment....I think its bc Im not getting enough calories. I re-started an online food journal (fitness pal) and according to it, in the last week i haven't gone above 400 calories this past week.

Im trying....but the point of getting sleeved is to CUT food consumption.....right? My mind is trying to wrap itself around how im supposed to eat MORE to LOOSE weight... pureed food looks like puke. Protein shakes taste like ass & they make me wanna puke. Imma greek yogurt-it more this week &see what happens.

I will be glad when I can eat food ya chew. I'll KNOW what to eat then! Veggies & whole foods that DON'T taste like ass & look like puke! Ha!

#thisSOMEstr8BSyo

I wouldn't increase calories unless your surgeon's office tells you to. You'll start dropping again...

@@catwoman7 i hope so bc this increasing calories is hard! Im full before i can even swallow it good! Lolol! Good to know the sleeve's still tight...but my lil food journal says im still short on calories a day...imma call some1 about it tomorrow.

@@catwoman7 i hope so bc this increasing calories is hard! Im full before i can even swallow it good! Lolol! Good to know the sleeve's still tight...but my lil food journal says im still short on calories a day...imma call some1 about it tomorrow.

oh - if you're eating less than what they say, then you can come up a bit (if it's possible). I thought you already were eating what they said and wanted to increase a bit.