Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ugh to the liquid diet!

I started my liquid diet on December 2nd on first day i followed schedule completely which is morning, lunch, dinner and evening snack is a Protein Shake and I'm allowed 3 light yogurts a day and then all the Water, crystal light, sugar free Jello and popsicles i want but on day 2 and today i just felt sick every time i knew i had to drink a Protein shake, so i only got 2 in instead of the 4, will that not shrink my liver? i haven't cheated and ate solids my only problem is, is that the protein is so gross to me i can't stomach drinking 4 a day

I feel you girl. You'll get through it. Just push through and keep yourself busy.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 11/9 and had a similar issue right befor Thanksgiving. I called my NUT and she recommended I use the unflavored Protein Powder so I can mix it with anything (Crystal Light, etc) and not be tied to a specific flavor. It's called Unjury. Good luck. Hope you find a balance soon.

@@Liluykj19 this is my 3rd day to and same i only did 2 our of the 4 and just had Water and stuff rest of day

@@tani thanks ill have to look into that! hopefully it falls in the macros my doctor said

the Protein has to have more than 25g of Protein and be less then 5 carbohydrates

the Protein has to have more than 25g of protein and be less then 5 carbohydrates

Unjury has 21g of protein and 0 carbs per scoop. It's not the 25 you mentioned but very close.

Better get use to the shakes your going to need to drink them for awhile. Try the eas pre made advant edge. They are not as thick as others but have less Protein so you'll need to drink more. They are low calorie too.

Muscle milk chocolate is pretty good. 32 g Protein. I started Dec 2 too. My first week is 2 shakes and a very low carb dinner. Next week is 3 shakes a day. I am 36, 5'6" and 274...lost 3lbs in the last 2 days from pre op so far....and getting sleeved Dec 16. You will likely not have an issue with your liver, your pre op is a lot harsher than mine even. Different types of broth with unflavored Protein would give you a salty taste without a ton of calories. Maybe ask your NUT if you can sub out something during pre op, but we are all doomed to a shakey fate post op! Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

@@thprice79 i don't like premier ive tried those already and whey

Oh, also....I have read a lot of people that use GENEPRO unflavored Protein powder because its 30g Protein in a tablespoon.....conflicting opinions on how much protein can fit into a tablespoon.....but that would be less shake drinking and still a lot of protein.

I use the unflavored nectar. It's not thick and pretty much tasteless.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

Muscle milk chocolate is pretty good. 32 g Protein. I started Dec 2 too. My first week is 2 shakes and a very low carb dinner. Next week is 3 shakes a day. I am 36, 5'6" and 274...lost 3lbs in the last 2 days from pre op so far....and getting sleeved Dec 16. You will likely not have an issue with your liver, your pre op is a lot harsher than mine even. Different types of broth with unflavored Protein would give you a salty taste without a ton of calories. Maybe ask your NUT if you can sub out something during pre op, but we are all doomed to a shakey fate post op! Good luck to you!

Thanks the problem is I haven't even met with a NUT yet that's not till the 7th because I self payed so I didn't have to do all these things required by insurance so meeting with a nutritionist and all that for me starts after surgery and just meeting them a week before also because of my BMI and weight I didn't have to lose any weight before surgery so I literally didn't have to meet with anymore just get my clearances and then was all set

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App