Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating normal as in pre surgery normal

I like life. I like drinking and eating with friends. I never had eating issues. Not obese. I gained 70lbs in 6 month (medical) and did the surgery to drop that weight and 'get on with life' I don't obsess about food or plot ways to cheat. I follow the rules . I think my excess weight will be gone by march. Then I want to stretch the sleeve and eat and drink (wine) as always. My weight was stable for 20 years before my medical condition caused the gain and that's been fixed. Anyone done this? If yes when?

Paralyzed /Canadian/Mexican Sleeve

Is the medical condition that caused the gain.. Gone? If not you still have to change your eating habits somewhat or you'll gain back.. If it is gone.. Great! But what if something happens again?

Munky

Well, I'm a little confused by your plans to follow the rules but then also eat and drink wine at the same time? Am I misunderstanding?

If you follow the low-carb/high Protein rules, keep the Protein and Water up, then yes, at the appropriate time after surgery you can certainly have wine again and more "normal" foods, but if you are sedentary due to paralyzation and choose pre-surgery fattening foods -- yeah, you'll eventually regain. Maybe not the whole 70 lbs, but it's going to come back on.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about getting back to your "normal" eating. If you never had a weight problem before, you may already eat pretty healthy and may just need to tweak it a bit post-op after you are cleared for all foods. Why not embrace the new eating style? It's really not bad at all. The mushy phase sucked for me, but once that passed, I've transitioned to all foods okayed, and honestly, the few times I had pasta/heavy carbs or something fried -- it just didn't agree to me and wasn't worth it. I'm glad I tried it (in teeny quantities,) but if only to tell me my limitations.

Erm..... Sorry, will have to go back and read that a few more times.

I like life. I like drinking and eating with friends. I never had eating issues. Not obese. I gained 70lbs in 6 month (medical) and did the surgery to drop that weight and 'get on with life' I don't obsess about food or plot ways to cheat. I follow the rules . I think my excess weight will be gone by march. Then I want to stretch the sleeve and eat and drink (wine) as always. My weight was stable for 20 years before my medical condition caused the gain and that's been fixed. Anyone done this? If yes when?

I am confused. Why would you put your body through the trauma of surgery to just want to "stretch the sleeve and eat and drink (wine) as always"? Even if you haven't had long-term weight problems, something caused you to rapidly gain weight. If you return to your behaviors from that time frame, wouldn't you just re-gain the weight? (And could you imagine how that would make you feel?)

You can still eat and drink with your friends in moderation while respecting the limits that the sleeve puts on you. Wouldn't that give you the best of both worlds?

Good luck.

You can't really stretch your sleeve, so I think you're pretty well screwed. This isn't a quick fix, it's a long term surgical solution to obesity and clearly the wrong choice for you.

Your Post-Op eating life does NOT mean you need to stretch your sleeve out. You can TASTE just about everything you did before. The BIG CHANGE is to the volume. Make a plate that encompases ALL of the flavors you enjoy, and ENJOY THEM.

The only other change that you need to make is to stop drinking while you eat. This is NOT a big deal since you are also eating a lot less volume, so it's only a "loss" of 20-30 minutes of drink time. Additionally, assuming by eat and drink you mean food - it all means the same thing. It is time to learn to SAVOR the food AND the wine. Enjoy every flavor and you will NOT miss the quantity of either. You will, however, become very picky about how food is prepared and you will find your new list of favorite wines based on Taste!

So, you wanted a sleeve to force a temporary diet? You had surgery for that? Seriously?

Why do people believe they can stretch their sleeve?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

1-yes the medical condition that caused the weight loss is resolved.

2-I am not obsess, have zero food issues, have had a stable weight all my life (even paralyzed)

3-I enjoyed my healthy weight, healthy food choices before VGS and look forward to returning to my 'usual lifestyle'

1-yes the medical condition that caused the weight loss is resolved.

2-I am not obsess, have zero food issues, have had a stable weight all my life (even paralyzed)

3-I enjoyed my healthy weight, healthy food choices before VGS and look forward to returning to my 'usual lifestyle'

4- Your sleeve will never be the size it was before surgery and they don't stretch, so good luck with that.

And who is the hack of a surgeon who took 85% of your stomach out for a temporary fix?

Oh, and:

post-212472-14804615132552_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

@@Babbs **And who is the hack of a surgeon who took 85% of your stomach out for a temporary fix?**

Literally, the $10K question.

Why temporary? The weight will be lost. I don't have any mental issues with food.

I don't get it. "I don't have mental issues with food" but you wanted to remove 85% of your stomach? If you don't have issues, were you not able to go on a diet? Not trying to sound mean but I seriously don't get this post. If you were looking for temporary fix then don't seek a permanent alteration to your anatomy. However, since you are sleeved, then you surely know that people don't keep losing weight forever, it does stop. So your asking us what?