Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only 5.5 weeks out so I'm not eating fruits and veggies yet, but I was wondering if they'll ever be a big part of my diet again. I started a diet in May and lost 50lbs and had surgery Oct 5 and have lost about 46lbs. Veggies, fruit, nuts and lean meats were all I ate. I've been craving veggies for weeks now. Just seeing them in my kitchen makes me salivate.

I know it's really important to get the Protein in, and since the pouch is so small it's important to get the protein part first than focus on the other things.

Will I ever be able to enjoy my roasted veggies, carrots and hummus, bean salad, or tomatoes again?!

Absolutely. As time goes on, you'll heal up and your capacity will increase a bit. I think I slowly started introducing fruits and veggies around 6 months out. After my Protein, I would have room for maybe one or 2 bites of a green veggie. I also would only eat low sugar fruits, like berries, during the weight loss phase, and usually would add them to some kind of protein like Greek Yogurt, cottage cheese or Protein Shakes.

I am 3 years out from my RNY and I still don't have much room for veggies or fruit. I can eat a banana once and awhile. But by the time I eat my Protein I'm full. I did have some sliced tomatoes and 1/2 ear of corn this past summer. I ate just those. I was like I am not going thru another season without eating some. LOL Once and awhile I will just have a small bit of Beans and then eat some veggies but not often.

@@mandapanda112200

It can really depend from person to person and also how much Protein you are eating in the meal.

If I eat 2oz of chicken or fish I can get 3 or 4 bites of veg in, if its 3oz of chicken or fish then less veg.

I have only recently added fruit to my meals/snacks but tend to have lower carb ones like raspberries and blackberries. I tried a small banana last month (although they are carb heavy), I really fancied one but two small bites in and I couldn't eat anymore.

You might find your tastes have changed too :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches