Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just bought this ice cream because I was looking at frozen yogurts and they have more sugar then this ice cream I'm almost two weeks post op but I'm not going to eat this until I talk to my surgeon

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was told I could get frozen yogurt but the sugar was very high in them so I just got that just to have as an option in my purée phase

Wow. That just seems like by choosing a food along those lines is a bad choice in general. I know that for me it would be a slippery slope.

I bought some too and it was delish! I thought it would be ok for a treat, but now I wish I had not tried it because it has triggered some sweet cravings. Like high functioning fat man said, a slippery slope.

The issue for me would be Portion Control. Ice cream is a slider food. It is one of the foods that got me where I was. Being 2 weeks out would have been very difficult at best.

Nope. I've bought it and eaten it. Couple of teaspoons per serving was all.

Couldn't finish the pint for two reasons:

My tummy does not like cold/frozen

My kids devoured it before I could try again

But- it does have low sugar and increased proton. Not a bad choice for a treat.

I waited until WELL into my full food general diet to try it though. Flavor was good.

Just don't mistake Ben and Jerry for Halo...lol

Wow. That just seems like by choosing a food along those lines is a bad choice in general. I know that for me it would be a slippery slope.

I definitely think if you *know* it's a problem food, to skip it. But there are people who didn't live for ice cream (I am NOT one of them, thankyouverymuch! I'd cut you for Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk) who could eat something like Halo Top and do fine. It's really not much different than a yogurt, which I can eat without going overboard. I dunno, I guess in my newbie brain, I hope to be able to eat most normal things in moderation and have a bite or 2 of the 'better' version of an old favorite, like a little high-Protein Pasta or low-carb tortillas instead of my old flour friends. I may be wrong, of course!

I didn't really think it was a bad choice I was looking at the froze. Yogurts and some of the soy frozen yogurts and they had a higher sugar content so thanks for your input high functioning fat man

I definitely think if you *know* it's a problem food, to skip it. But there are people who didn't live for ice cream (I am NOT one of them, thankyouverymuch! I'd cut you for Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk) who could eat something like Halo Top and do fine. It's really not much different than a yogurt, which I can eat without going overboard. I dunno, I guess in my newbie brain, I hope to be able to eat most normal things in moderation and have a bite or 2 of the 'better' version of an old favorite, like a little high-Protein Pasta or low-carb tortillas instead of my old flour friends. I may be wrong, of course!

I agree 100% on not giving up on all of the wonderful foods out there. My point was that at 2 weeks out it would be very difficult to not start that as a habit that could go bad quickly.

@@badkitty, i didnt dare near ice cream because i LOVE IT. But i did eat a potatoe chip my 2yr old granddaughter put in my mouth. It was a little 1 but god did it trigger those cravings for cbips. I tried to sike myself up and say well my stomach will only allow me to eat just so many but hell naw, id want to eat more than 1. I just prayed that night that he take and remove those cravings from me. I didnt spend 3hrs on a table 3wks ago to only eat the samethings i was eating. Now mind it, i didnt have this surgery because i have problems with food. I dont need anyone bashing me or asking why did i have it ok. But i have ms, and 3yrs ago they started me on iv bags of steriods because i couldnt walk at 1 time. I gained almost 150 because everything i took had steriods in them and on my own, the weight wouldnt move. Since i decided to go this route, i can no longer take anything with steriods but idk. Ive always been 145lbs. Now, arthritis, Fibromyalgia has set in and they need to do a total knee replacement. Not on me their not. So yes, we all will probably make some mistakes because this is new to us. But i dont need anyone making me feel bad about it

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

@@ShelterDog64, we're all new. I thought i could eat 1 of those small little bags that come in the variety pack of different potato chips. WRONG. I wanted to eat another 1 after my fullness ended. Then i felt guilty and i was like omg, if i mention this on here someone is going to bash the hell out of me for eating the potato chips.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App