Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes! Love my results and am so happy had it done!

I had mine 3 weeks ago today! YAY! My arms look amazing and they are still a bit swollen. I found a fantastic surgeon who gave great contour. My little girly biceps look fabulous an you can even see the tendons where my arm bends and I am still quite swollen.

I am including some pics for you. Sorry, for some reason when you post these they turn sideways. The first is pre op and the second batch is 2 weeks post op. I am even further along now but waiting to have my dressings removed on Monday.

Before:

post-237953-0-10291900-1470365860_thumb.jpeg

2 weeks After:

post-237953-0-29438800-1470365902_thumb.jpeg

post-237953-0-17692900-1470365927_thumb.jpeg

If you want to see the actual incisions, I would be happy to send them to you in a personal conversation but I don't want to gross anyone out. The cost of mine was $5950

Wow!!! You look amazing and your arms are good for you!! I'm so happy for you @@Djmohr

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@UalreadyKnow

Most people are very happy following Brachioplasty. However it is the surgeon that matters there are some bad ones out there.

Have you been on realself yet? You can find a lot of information on there about this surgery and that is actually how I ended up finding my surgeon. She had such great reviews and from her before and after pics, it was easy to see that I was going to love her.

Djmohr

Thank you for the pictures. Your arms look great! I'm contemplating having mine done but not sure when yet.

@@hipster76

It depends on the procedure they use. My PS used a laser Lipo before removing the skin. It took a lot longer in surgery (nearly 6 hours) and I have a lot more pain that most because of it. The benefit is that my arms are extremely well contoured, the skin is tight and looks 20 years younger.

My pain was the worst on night 2, I swear I thought my arms were going to combust they were burning so bad.

They got a little better every day but even today 3.5 weeks post op I have burning, itching and swelling going on so I have to keep my arms above my heart, use ice, taking Benadryl. I have been off pain meds for over a week.

The more I use them, the more itching, burning and swelling goes on but it does get better every day.

The big thing for arm lift recovery is not raising your arms too high or you can widen the scars so depending on what you do for a living you might need some time off. For example even now we have my shoulder pt on hold so I don't create a bigger scar. I have nice tight straight incisions and I really want to keep them that way.

@@Djmohr

Your arms look amazing!!

I have lose skin problems on my thighs stomach and arms. Nothing bothers me more then my arms, it's driving me crazy. And if I decide to get surgery that's the first thing and the only part of my body I'll do.

I told myself I will wait 6 months after I get to goal. I'm 15 pounds away so I'm figuring I will be doing this sometime within a year. I am trying to wait and see a difference weight training will make. But I've been at it for 6 months and still waiting for the extra skin to tighten up. So my question is, how soon did you wait after your surgery before you decided on your brachioplasty?

So, that is a great question and can come with a lot of debate. I started hunting for a surgeon in December and even had a consultation appointment. Within 2 days of making that appointment I got word that my left shoulder was going to require surgery. I had bone on bone arthritis and my rotator cuff was messed up so I cancelled that consultation.

Now, I am glad I did, I would have waited until after I hit goal to have plastics of any kind but with the arms they are more lenient.

I hit goal in March of this year and had been maintaining within 2 to 3 lbs either way.

So I started my process in June of looking for a board certified plastic surgeon. I made appointments with 3 different options and they were all ok but then one day I was on real self and found Dr. Maida Parkins. She had a ton of positive feedback and I like what people said about her. So through real self, I requested a consultation. She was the only one of the 4 that offered a free consultation if you mentioned real self so I thought why not. I wasn't looking for a deal but each consultation runs about $100.

They were able to get me in for a consultation on July 11th which was faster than the other 3 either and after speaking with her assistant I was already sold. I just liked how they talked. Very real and up front and to me that is important.

I saw her on July 11th where she examined everything I wanted to have done and I made it clear the 1st thing needed to be my arms because they bothered me the most. Also I was about 5 months into maintenance and before I did my tummy or breasts I wanted more time under my "maintenance belt". She agreed that was the appropriate action and that given where I have been even if a lost a few or gained a few it would not impact my arms.

So they set me up for the end of July and on my way home from my appointment, they called and said they had an opening on the 14th (3days later!)

I jumped at it knowing how bad I wanted my arms done and I am so glad I did.

So the short answer is, most want 6 months unless it is your arms and then I even had another plastic surgeon willing to do them if I was within a few lbs of my goal.

I am thrilled with the outcome and it is worth every bit of pain, burning, itching and spasming.....LOL. It will leave you sore for a while though.

Thank you so much for all the info , I really appreciate your feedback. I really am scared to death to do this but on the other hand I want it so bad! I'm thinking right after the holidays , then all be able to wear tank tops next summer and not long sleeve shirts