Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7/26/16 VSG Surgery, Anyone else?

I had my VSG surgery on 7/26/16 and just looking for someone (or more) that had surgery on or close to the same date... I am still sore and bloated and wanted to know how you are feeling.. today is Day 4.. i am still on clear liquid diet... thank you..

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I was! I'm sore and bloated for sure, but I'm feeling fine. Walking, drinking Water, having Popsicles, and even had yogurt today but in the 1 oz. cup they gave us from the hospital. I can't seem to drink even the smallest sip of pure Protein, but that's the goal I'm working towards for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I can drink the pure Protein, I am up to an ounce every 15 minutes of that or lemon Water (which helps with the bloat).. I just want the soreness to go away so I can move better.. I haven't tried yogurt yet, just applesauce, about a teaspoon to get the Prevacid down.. but it hurts if I drink over an ounce, have you guys experienced that?

VSG 7/26/16, Newby to the Losers Bench

I had my surgery Wednesday on the 27th and I was in excruciating pain. That's just the truth I can't lie. However today the pain is better, nausea is at a minimal and I got in 30 grams of Protein today which seemed to give me some energy and another 16 oz will give me a liter of Water. Still bloated and swollen however I got on the scale anyway and I'm down six pounds in two days! I am currently around four oz of liquid an hour and I'm on full and clear liquids though I haven't tried Like pudding or Soup or anything like that yet. Just trying to get in my protein and water first but it was easier today so hopefully the rest of this week will be get easier and by next Wednesday I'll be telling you all I basically feel normal. Lol. One can only hope.

I had my VSG surgery on 7/26/16 and just looking for someone (or more) that had surgery on or close to the same date... I am still sore and bloated and wanted to know how you are feeling.. today is Day 4.. i am still on clear liquid diet... thank you..

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I had my surgery on 7/25. I am still in pain. There is pain with every sip. I had a hiatal hernia repair as well. I was told because of this there would be more pain. I am not eating enough out of fear of vomiting. I did a lot of that in the hospital which resulted in a 4 day stay. I am positive that things will get better.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App

Yes I had my surgery 7/14/2016

Sent from my SM-N915T using the BariatricPal App

The pain goes away. The gas gies away.I'm excited about my journey. Loss 13 lbs already. Starting puree foods today.

Sent from my SM-N915T using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 7/26/16. Feeling pretty good...a little bloated, but pain is manageable. Am still taking pain med ev 4-5 hours. Have not had a bowel movement yet. On a clear liquid diet so have about 4 oz. per hour of bone broth (higher protein) mixed with chicken broth (to add more flavor), Water, premier Protein, Vitamin Water zero and sf popsicles. All are going down fine, but I cant wait till my pouch can take a little more at one time, because right now I have to get up at 7AM and drink consistently ev. 15 min. until 11PM in order to get my required 64 oz. in.

Had my post op appt with GP yest. and all looked good. A cool thing about the visit was that my blood pressure that has been borderline high for the past year was much lower! So cool to see evidence that I am already getting healthier!

Happy to have peeps to share this journey with!

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve done on 7/26/16 too!!! I am feeling the same way, still bloated and sore.. taking meds every 4 hours... it's so nice to have someone else on the same day! We can be "losers" together!!

VSG 7/26/16, Newby to the Losers Bench

My surgery was 7/26 and I'm sore but feeling good as long as I keep up work my Protein intake. I even went poop today for the first time since surgery. Let's keep in touch #blueeyedgirl

Sent from my SM-N915V using the BariatricPal App

Hi there, I am 25 days out and down 25 lbs since my two week preop diet. It took nearly two weeks before I felt semi normal. The bloating and gas a solid week and a half. For me, my expectations are unrealistic and I guess it's because every thing in life is so instantaneous. I'm right on course and doing everything by the book. Best of healing to you, your doing great!