Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When were you knocked out?

In the Operating Room?

or

Before the Operating Room?

Just curious.

OR

OR

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

In the OR. Otherwise, how would I have walked in from the prep area? No, really, walking was my preference. I'd have felt stupid being taken in by wheelchair when I was capable of walking.

It's my understanding and experience that a mild sedative is often given outside the OR. Unless there is an unusual circumstance, the OR crew needs the patient awake to say, "Move this way....Do this....Do that....How's this?"

OR but they drugged me before so I was already chilled out. Xanax is the best.

I was already sedated from the tap block, but i do remember they talked to me in the OR before knocking me completely out.

The OR, after moving from the gurney to the small table...

OR. I had to slide myself on the table.

In the OR after I was transferred to the table. I was offered the pre-surgery tranquilizer (Versed) but declined. I didn't see any reason for it, for myself.

Operating room. I was wheeled in on a bed and then transferred to the table. I remember them strapping my arms in and then I woke up in the recovery room.

They gave me something to calm me and then they wheeled me in the OR. They moved me onto the operating table and that's the last thing I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They wheeled me into the OR on the bed and I don't even remember moving onto the operating table. The last I remember I looked around the room and said all these people are for me and I was out. My next memory was being rolled through the doorway of my private room. I was told I was in surgery for 2 hours as I had 3 procedures done and in recovery for 3 hours.I spent 2 nights in the hospital.

They inserted the lines that they'd use for IVs in the preop /recovery room and might have given me some medication then but I don't think so. I walked into the OR, and they started their prep. In just a minute I remember them putting my arms out to my sides and hooking up an IV. That's all I remember! No scary mask and breathing in the gas like the movies... Waking up in post-op was uncomfortable for a few minutes. I remember thinking it was hard to breathe--just hard to draw air in my lungs. I said something and was reassured--and within a minute or two it was fine. Piece of cake.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Good stuff everyone!! On my aborted surgery it was the OR too. Slid from stretcher to operating table.