Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. So I'm able to start my soft foods phase in a week. I'll be on the Protein liquids for 2. Can anyone give me their go to meal ideas? I have low fat cheeses of all kinds including cottage cheese. I also have Beans. Lots of beans lol. And some lean deli meat. Any suggestions much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I would like ideas too, especially for non seafood foods. I am on soft foods now, just started Thursday. So far my main go to foods are refried Beans and cottage cheese. Scrambled egg for Breakfast. Our NUT gave us a list of items but i don't care for too many of the items. They include canned tuna, salmon and chicken, baked tofu, ricotta cheese, eggs or egg whites, greek yogurt, oatmeal, mashed bananas etc.

I just can't stand the canned chicken. I've tried it with lite mayo but it doesn't help much when you are used to full fat mayo! I just looked at my NUTs menu suggestions and one thing that sounds good is a boiled egg, throw out the yolk and fill with hummus instead. Another is super thin deli turkey rolled hummus and 1/8 avocado. We are supposed to get 80g Protein per day so things without Protein seem like a waste to eat oatmeal or applettuce etc.

Why throw out the yolk? That is where all the nutrition is located?

Heck if I know! It's on the nutritionist list lol. Maybe cuz the yolks have the most calories?

I'm just starting to ease in to the soft food phase, so i haven't experimented with much yet, but I have to say that my favorite post op meal so far was hummus. It was flavorful and delicious! I ate is slowly and savored every bite. I'm already so much more 'aware' of the food I'm eating. Pre op it would just be mindless, without really paying attention to the tastes. I feel like I'm going to enjoy my meals much more now. Not sure if that feeling sticks around, but I hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you vegetarian? If not, my dietitian told me i could have chicken breast (as long as it isnt dry and can be thrown in a processor if needed), or ground beef. Mashed potatoes too!

Refried Beans topped with cheese and sour cream. chicken salad , ham salad, egg salad, ricotta bake, soft rotisserie chicken, soft scrambled eggs and cheese, laughing cow cheese lite triangles, roast beef hash in a can . These are some favorites. I measure out 1/4 cup of each . Good luck . Hope this helps

Oh and soft fish, salmon and tilapia

I was wondering if anybody out there is in my position I had gastric bypass surgery to prevent my reflux after a long transplant eight weeks ago I had my gastric bypass done for weeks ago and on April 22

and I am struggling if I can eat high-fat food because I'm not on it to lose weight I am looking for support because I'm going through the same thing you guys are with stages 1234 and five And how we can get this poach working without dumping or causing nausea Any help on what you eating your experiences it would be greatly appreciated

I was wondering if anybody out there is in my position I had gastric bypass surgery to prevent my reflux after a long transplant eight weeks ago I had my gastric bypass done for weeks ago and on April 22

and I am struggling if I can eat high-fat food because I'm not on it to lose weight I am looking for support because I'm going through the same thing you guys are with stages 1234 and five And how we can get this poach working without dumping or causing nausea Any help on what you eating your experiences it would be greatly appreciated

Can I trade bodies with you? Because my body doesn't seem to want to lose weight right now lol

I've been on the soft food phase for a few days and I've ate many different things beside those that you listed.

I've eaten chicken (not canned but grilled), pork roll, scrambled eggs, shredded turkey, grilled cheeseburger, canned tuna. I'll be trying meatloaf tonight. All of these are very moist and I make sure I chew them really good until they are almost a pureed consistency. I've had no issues with these. Experiment but just make sure you chew good. I ate scrambled eggs the one day and didn't chew it very well and it was painful - even with scrambled eggs.