Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the LAST thing that you remember before going under the anesthesia and the FIRST thing that you remember waking up?

Last thing..."wow that nurse is hot" and then out...woke up going "where is that hot nurse?" I was getting to my feet and walking shortly after that.

Going in.....food.

Coming out......food.

Just think of the anesthesia as a nice nap. They do all the work while you get to sleep.

Going in I just remember talking to the anesthesiologist. Coming out I remember moaning uncontrollably and getting frustrated that I couldn't stop moaning.

I remember being rolled in to surgery and then I remember waking up in recovery feeling like garbage with a super dry mouth and a nurse who gave me a coconut flavored cotton swab mouth wetter popsicle.

Lol, I also learned not to take the Valium before surgery so you can actually remember getting into the OR, getting onto the table, and being knocked out with the good stuff. It took me until my second plastic surgery to figure that part out. Also, valium killed my memory in both my sleeve and my first plastics procedure for days. I have big gaps of missing time, while when I skipped the pre-OR valium, I remembered almost everything from the time I woke up afterwards.

The light on the ceiling in the OR is the last thing. First thing was being in my room and hearing my husband's voice. I don't remember the recovery room. In previous surgeries I remember the recovery room.

I remember them rolling me out of the room to head to surgery and being told I was about to get something to relax me in my IV. I was a goner right after that and next thing I know I was being rolled right in to my hospital room. I guess I woke up in recovery and don't remember it. I remember immediately feeling good :).

I remember this from when I had a C-Section in 1976. When I came to, I was mimicking along to the sounds of the heart monitor.

I remember being rolled toward the OR and then nothing until the PA who helped with my surgery stopped by and introduced himself. I asked him if he was sure he did surgery on me because it didn't feel different! I asked him again when he visited me the next day in my hospital room. Both times he just laughed and promised they actually did the surgery. I also remember thinking he was cute and noticing the next day that he was married!

Last thing: I was given something in my IV prior to being wheeled to the operating room. I vaguely remember being asked to scoot over from a gurney to the table, and that was it. I don't remember anything from the operating room itself, not even a mask being put over my face. I also remember nothing from the recovery room.

First thing: I was suddenly in my room, although I don't remember being put into the bed. I kind of remember saying that my back was hurting and being shown how to access the pain pump.

This was my first surgery ever, and in every regard it was so much easier than I expected.

@@BellaS - on a serious note be sure you trust the people you have in the recovery room if your surgery team uses Versed (http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16693/versed-oral/details). Its a good drug but it takes away your short term memory. I had soooo much fun with my ex-wife when she had some minor surgery...I had her call her mom three times because she would call and intimidatingly forget that she had called her mom, so I would reminder her again "she promised her mom she would call." There is a reason why this drug is very tightly regulated. You just don't want it to end up in the hands of a Bill Cosby.

My last thought: "It's weird seeing all the office staff dressed in scrubs." Last memory: the anesthesiologist saying "This might feel a little warm" as he stuck a needle in my IV bag. I said "Wow, that's hot!" and then I was in the recovery room with a nurse urging me to take deep breaths. I wanted to be left alone to sleep but she kept waking me up to make me breathe out the knock-out gas. Then she sat me up and made me eat Jell-O, which I really, really didn't want to eat but I did it anyway. Then it was on my feet and on my way home! Pretty easy.

When my dad had a double knee replacement I was in the room hanging out with him until they took him to the OR. They must've given him a drug that caused amnesia beforehand because he was high as a kite. Kept talking about how we'd have to wheel him into the ocean in his wheelchair if he didn't get the surgery. We were cracking up. He came out of it just fine and stronger than ever. Surgeons can perform miracles.

I remember getting the Pre op medication in my IV before they wheeled me into the or. I remember when that hit me, I like to call it happy juice because after they give that to you you could care less what happens.

I remember going into the or and I remember them putting the mask over my face. I no longer remember what that room looked like or even the people. They gave me versad which impacts your memory.

Then I remember waking up in recovery and my chest hurt and my mouth was dry. In moments they gave me pain medication and the chest pain became very tolerable.

I was up walking as soon as I went to my room. They did not use a catheter so I had to pee really bad so they helped me to the bathroom.

I remember the ride to the OR and the nurses' first try to get me on the operating table. They were using one on of those inflatable things to float me from the gurney to the table, and I wasn't centered on it, so I was rolling to the side, and it wasn't working. After I scooted over, it inflated and puffed up all around me, and then they pulled me right over to the table like it was nothing. Then the anesthesiologist put an oxygen mask over my face and told me that it was going to smell sweet because of the plastic in the mask, and the last thing I remember there is thinking that it smelled like roses.

The next thing I remember is being in recovery, moaning in pain and hearing a lot of other people moaning too. Someone kept telling me to open my eyes and to take deep breaths. I did both but couldn't for the life of me tell you what the room or anything else looked like. I have no memory at all of going back to my room or getting into bed, but the next thing I remember is getting some Dilaudid in my IV and how good it felt to have the pain go away.

I remember talking to my surgeon about what dog he should get for his son. ( I am a canine behaviorist)

The first thing I remember is thinking "where is the pain"? It never came.