Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure where you are in your timeline, but I would stick with some sort of egg dish and here's why.

A no carb/high Protein Breakfast will curb your appetite most of the day. If I eat any carbs (natural Peanut Butter on whole wheat toast), I'll be hungry all day.

That said, I'd choke on scrambled eggs in the morning. I have to make a super savory dish that includes egg whites.

My favorite is a mini omelet with a turkey sausage, wilted spinach, and graded Parmesan cheese. I then top it some sort of Mexican sauce (salsa, hot sauce, or Crema). Less than 150 calories and very tasty.

I also eat Morning Star Chipotle veggie burgers with a fried egg on top and/or Mexican sauces (less than 200 calories).

My final pick is a fried egg (cooked in Pam) over refried Beans and topped with shredded cheddar and Mexican sauces (also under 200 calories).

Edited by Cape Crooner

It is very difficult (well, my experience) initially post-op, because my sleeve was so tight (or swollen). Even though it got boring really fast, for those first couple of months breakfast consisted of Greek yogurt, eggs--I know you're tired of them, but nevertheless--with cheese (choose high Protein cheeses), Babybel or Laughing Cow soft cheeses, watered down cream of chicken, thinned oatmeal or malt-o-meal with unflavored Protein powder, and/or Protein shakes. Again, it was redundant and boring, but those are what worked for me and what gave the calories I needed just to get through the day without passing out.

Im only 4 weeks out and even though my doctor gave me the red light to eat regular food I still just drink a Protein drink in the morning. I feel like if I try to eat anything else I get nauseated so I just stick to my Protein shakes. I mix them up. chocolate with natural Peanut Butter no added sugar and frozen bananas. or vanilla with different fruits. I haven't gotten tired of them yet and it sorda my comfort food now.

Im only 5 weeks out, i find it much easier to grab a Protein shake and take it to work with me.

My new favorite breakfast - and this should work in the soft food phase - is overnight oatmeal.

My favorite - is Baked apple (nice and soft), oatmeal, vanilla Protein powder and cinnamon.

Here are some other recipes... remember your Protein Powder to get a boost.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I will add that during my first 2 weeks, I had Cream of Wheat with a micro pinch of brown sugar. It was quite a treat and now that I'm thinking about it, I may try it again!

For years I have had a Protein Shake in the morning because I really don't have an appetite in the morning but you should have something. So I just have a Protein shake for Breakfast. I like it now because it keeps my calories low, kicks me off with some protein for the day. Then later if I change my plans or go out to eat, I already started the day off saving calories and carbs.

I had to get over the fact that food is for nutrition, not for entertainment. My taste buds had to get reigned in and learn that they were not going to get their way anymore. Yes, eggs and cottage cheese are boring, but be patient. As your progress farther and farther away from your surgery date, you will be able to customize your menu to include a full varienutritious food that you like.

You may still be having a "food funeral" and are missing the factory made edibles that are pushed on us as food. A good site to tap into is Eat This Not That at http://www.eatthis.com/

A lot of what I was eating was by habit and timing. I found out that I missed the salt, sugar, and grease instead of the actual food itself. I ate breakfast because it was time for breakfast. I would eat cheese Danish on Wednesday because I had Cheese Danish on Tuesday.

My sleeve has totally rearranged my life. You will find out that your sleeve will be the boss of you forever and needs to be tended to carefully. By the time I got to where I could eat an egg, I was soooooo glad to have that egg.

This will get better, and you can get some good suggestions from The World According to Eggface, as well as here. here is the link:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the typo. It should read "variety of nutritious". I can spell, but I cannot type.

I had to get over the fact that food is for nutrition, not for entertainment. My taste buds had to get reigned in and learn that they were not going to get their way anymore. Yes, eggs and cottage cheese are boring, but be patient. As your progress farther and farther away from your surgery date, you will be able to customize your menu to include a full varienutritious food that you like.

You may still be having a "food funeral" and are missing the factory made edibles that are pushed on us as food. A good site to tap into is Eat This Not That at http://www.eatthis.com/

A lot of what I was eating was by habit and timing. I found out that I missed the salt, sugar, and grease instead of the actual food itself. I ate Breakfast because it was time for breakfast. I would eat cheese Danish on Wednesday because I had Cheese Danish on Tuesday.

My sleeve has totally rearranged my life. You will find out that your sleeve will be the boss of you forever and needs to be tended to carefully. By the time I got to where I could eat an egg, I was soooooo glad to have that egg.

This will get better, and you can get some good suggestions from The World According to Eggface, as well as here. here is the link:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Miss Mac -- As a veteran, can you tell me how your sleeve's restriction has matured over time. I was always a low carb dieter and eventually became obese by eating too much healthy food. Now with my sleeve as a consumption governor, I'm dropping weight a startling pace.

Nearly every day for Breakfast, I eat half a packet of lower sugar oatmeal made with skim Fairlife milk and 1/2 scoop of vanilla Protein powder, plus one Morningstar Farms veggie sausage link.

(I'm 7 months post op and under goal but still losing slowly)