Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutri bullet or similar?

As you may have seen my previous post, I am starting my pre op diet Sunday. I have done a liquid diet in the past and found that blending my drinks just to incorporate some air helped me to not feel so blasé about my food choices. I have a Vitamix I adore but it's not exactly something I can take to work. So I was considering something like a nutrition bullet.

Any input? Suggestions for alternative brands??

I recently got a Ninja and it really is fabulous! Would highly recommend.

Thank you! Shopping online for a ninja now

A few months ago, I got the Nutri-Ninja Duo with Auto-IQ. It's got a very high power at 1,500 w. Usually to get this high power, you go into brands that cost over $500! I think this is a bargain after my comparison shopping. This "duo" one comes with a 72 oz (huge) blender and also a food processor. There are different blades for different purposes, and it comes with 3 different sizes of smoothie cups with lids and sleeves. It comes with a recipe book, and you can get many more recipes for free on the Ninja website. I added an extra set of smoothie cups to my order, and glad I did. I like to use a variety of super-food ingredients, make a big batch in the 72 oz blender, pour them into about 3 smoothie cups, and freeze the extras. Then, I take one green smoothie out of the freezer each day. This keeps the ingredients really fresh, and the clean-up just once every few days. I LOVE my Ninja!

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/nutri-ninja-auto-iq/autoIQ-compare/

My nutritionist warned against blending drinks to add air. Excess gas is an early problem and the air makes it harder to consume the quantities you need

I used a Ninja with a single serving cup. It worked great but I wore it out in a year and had to buy another one. I bought a Nutri Bullet for my mother but it was more difficult to work with and clean.

The main purpose of the blender is to blend the powder into the liquid. Otherwise it tends to clump together and as a result the Protein shake taste terrible. The second purpose is to allow you to blend in other food such as bananas into the Protein Shake. It also allows you to blend in ice or frozen fruit into the Protein Shake. A good blender is one of the best tools required after surgery.

I use a ninja. The one that's like the bullet.

It'll be 2 years old in April. So far it's doing great. I use it every day.

If you are worried about "air" in your shake, just let it sit for a bit first.

I have a single serving bullet-type blender I bought at Kohl's for $24 that has been used most every day for the past 6 years...still going strong.The brand name is Bello. I know that FarberWare makes one that looks just like it since I purchased that for my son this Christmas. It was $20 at WalMart.You don't have to pay the big bucks to find one that will serve your purpose. I put 1/2 a frozen banana, 4 med. ice cubes, a scoop of Protein Powder and about 1 cup of some kind of milk in mine. It works just fine.

Edited by cbrr

Ok, so I ordered my bullet the day I posted this thread...December 29th and Amazon still has not shipped it!!!!

I'm losing faith in Amazon ????

Ok it was finally delivered last night..I used it to blend my powdered Protein this morning and I love it!!!!

Nurse_Lenora" post="4046539" timestamp="1452265837"]Ok it was finally delivered last night..I used it to blend my powdered Protein this morning and I love it"

I've been using the Bullet too. I'm on day 10 of my pre-op diet, and I'm enjoying making my shakes with this great little device! And it's easy to clean....