Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks out from surgery. I have a few events that will be happening at bars.

I have not tried fried foods yet, but I was thinking of getting the mozzarella sticks and just peeling off the breading. There are other options on the menus, but has anyone been able to eat breaded things successfully or do they cause issues because of the breading (ie: chicken wings)?

Being so soon out you may have trouble. Tough one. I've done chicken wings before, they worked better than cheese sticks.

Why bother having weight loss surgery with fried foods. That's setting you in to fail

bread, crackers, breading, etc., sit on my tummy like Play-Doh. It makes me miserable for hours.

I got to bars all the time. I just make sure they have hot wings that are not coated. Most places have classic hot wings. I also ask and make sure that the sauce doesn't have sugar.

chicken wings or maybe chili if they have it? I know some bars do.

I tasted some fried calamari that was a shared appetizer. All I felt was grease in my mouth after chewing it and swallowing it. I won't do it again.

Why bother having weight loss surgery with fried foods. That's setting you in to fail

I had the surgery for things other than just the weight loss.

I seldom went to bars before surgery. When I looked at the menus, most of the foods are fried. I was asking so that I can prepare myself and make better choices. That's not setting myself up for failure; it's setting myself up to make the right choice with some advice from others.

@@kelcified you will always have those people who make comments like that. We all make the choice of surgery for our own reasons. I'm sure there will be something there that you will be able to eat. If you know which bar maybe they have a menu online?

I had the surgery for things other than just the weight loss.

I seldom went to bars before surgery. When I looked at the menus, most of the foods are fried. I was asking so that I can prepare myself and make better choices. That's not setting myself up for failure; it's setting myself up to make the right choice with some advice from others.

i have had a cheese stick or two and have not had any issues with it. I just limit the amount, and not eat two or three plate fulls anymore. If you take a few bites then wait a little bit before you eat anymore so you can see how your belly reacts. I will say, I only eat them every so often. I can pretty much eat anything I want, but now the difference is I eat to live, not live to eat???????? have fun and enjoy your new found freedom!!!

@@kelcified you will always have those people who make comments like that. We all make the choice of surgery for our own reasons. I'm sure there will be something there that you will be able to eat. If you know which bar maybe they have a menu online?

Thanks for the encouragement.

I don't tolerate well people who put others down.

I did look at the menu online. I went last night armed with my own food on my car as well as a few menu options. I didn't end up ordering anything.

Surely there are healthy options in this situation. Like the parsley or carrot sticks etc The fresh vege that they dress the platters with try that. If it has no nutria all value don't eat it.

I was just taken off pureed foods at 6 weeks post-op. Fried foods are still a no-no until 12 weeks for me. Granted that is even if I eat them again. Can you find some non fried Protein options?