Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 months out and down 102 pounds since surgery. I am very happy with my progress so far but I have been at a stall for the past month. I am following the calories that my doctor set for me and I am exercising regularly. I'm not sure why I am at a stall. I need to find a way to get the loss going again!

I am 9 months out and down 102 pounds since surgery. I am very happy with my progress so far but I have been at a stall for the past month. I am following the calories that my doctor set for me and I am exercising regularly. I'm not sure why I am at a stall. I need to find a way to get the loss going again!

Same here.....

305 starting weight

268 surgery weight

197 current weight

I got to 205 and it started loose about 1 lbs / week

Then stalled for 4 weeks....

I was eating about 1500 calories /day and 1 hr light cardio 4 times /week

Since my goal is to get to 190 it didn't bother me and waited it out , also change walking/ light cardio and did cycling 1 hr day 6 times week.

Stayed with 1500-1800 calories/ daily

I think your body needs a rest sometimes from loose weight.

Also started doing cycling at 530am to 630 am and did not eat before doing cycling ( only water)

I stalled at exactly the same timeframe, around 8-9 months post op.

I had to address 3 issues:

1. too many carbs, largely in the form of things like Protein bars but also other little Snacks and treats had snuck into my diet
  2. exercise routine needed changing - I went from long duration on eliptical etc to high intensity interval training and it kick started the calorie burning
  3. wrapping my head around recommitting to following the rules; recommitting to what was important, losing the weight or eating the foods that were slowing my progress. I had to face if i actually WANTED to be trim vs where I was stalling (I had lost around `110-120# when I stalled the question was my committment to get to a normal BMI)

Once I did all 3, my loses resumed and I lost a total of 150# in 14 months.

I have been eating around 1100 calories a day maybe i should lessen it for a while.

I have been eating around 1100 calories a day maybe i should lessen it for a while.

Why not talk to your NUT? Are you getting in all you Protein and Water? Are you exercising?

Your issue may/or may not be the number of calories you are eating. If it is, the solution may actually be to eat more and not less. Why not make an appointment with your NUT?

Embrace the Stall!

CowgirlJane has it exactly right. Cut out some carbs and change up your exercise routine. That's what my personal trainer said and it works.

I am 5 months out and this is my 3rd stall. I am eating about 600 to 800 a day. I work out 5 times a week and active on weekends. I limit carbs as much as possible. I've lost 115 pounds so I know that is awesome but I am 30 pounds (40 from my doctor's goal) away from goal and want to get there. I do zumba, body pump, treadmill, and Water aerobics. I feel your frustration.

Why not talk to your NUT? Are you getting in all you Protein and Water? Are you exercising?

Your issue may/or may not be the number of calories you are eating. If it is, the solution may actually be to eat more and not less. Why not make an appointment with your NUT?

Embrace the Stall!

I called her today actually! ☺️ thank you for your advise!

I stalled at exactly the same timeframe, around 8-9 months post op.

I had to address 3 issues:

• too many carbs, largely in the form of things like Protein Bars but also other little Snacks and treats had snuck into my diet
  • exercise routine needed changing - I went from long duration on eliptical etc to high intensity interval training and it kick started the calorie burning
  • wrapping my head around recommitting to following the rules; recommitting to what was important, losing the weight or eating the foods that were slowing my progress. I had to face if i actually WANTED to be trim vs where I was stalling (I had lost around `110-120# when I stalled the question was my committment to get to a normal BMI)

Once I did all 3, my loses resumed and I lost a total of 150# in 14 months.

Some great ideas there thank u!

I am 5 months out and this is my 3rd stall. I am eating about 600 to 800 a day. I work out 5 times a week and active on weekends. I limit carbs as much as possible. I've lost 115 pounds so I know that is awesome but I am 30 pounds (40 from my doctor's goal) away from goal and want to get there. I do zumba, body pump, treadmill, and Water aerobics. I feel your frustration.

That's great progress! I do Zumba as well I love it!

That's great progress! I do Zumba as well I love it!

Congrats on your success. ❤️

I think you should increase calories and you will loose more weight.

Just a thought. ????????