Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im struggling today. For the last few days I've felt fine, not many issues but today has kicked my butt. I feel tired, nauseated, right below my belly button is sore, I have no urge to eat, my mouth is super dry. I feel like I'm falling apart. I'm not doing anything different from precious days and haven't really had issues like I have today. Sorry guys, just venting!

Edited by ashley126

Feel free to vent, this is the place to do it. :-) Be sure and stay hydrated. It gets easier day by day.

3-C plan for success!

Control what you can (your actions and thoughts).
Cope with what you can’t (external emergencies and other’s behavior).
Concentrate on what counts.

Stay positive. Believe in yourself. Focus on your progress, not perfection.

post-147109-0-88066100-1436469546_thumb.jpg

More than likely you are dehydrated. I'm 8 days out and had a day like that. I actually left work and had to go home and take a nap, felt so bad. I called the doc and they told me I was dehydrated and to make sure I was getting in all fluids and Protein. I did that the next day and I felt so much better ever since. I do start to get weak here and there and I know to get more fluids in.. Hope this helps

Thank you. I'm probably not getting enough fluids in and I know for sure my Protein levels are low. It's just hard for me to get my protein with the type of 1 oz cup system my doctor has me on.

I'm trying to stay positive and look at the bigger picture but today has me all messed up.

I appreciate the support. :)

I hope that you feel better!! :)

I suggest you call your dr or nut and tell them how you feel. That is what they are there for.

I am 15 days out. I am not doing the 1 ounce cup thing. I just keep sipping.

When I left the hospital, I was told 30 ml in 30 minutes. Then I was to double that. I did not use the cups long. I kept sipping and allowed how I felt to guide me.

I do not have to go back to work yet. You did not have a lot of time off if you are working already. Your body has been through a lot. Take care of yourself and be good to yourself.

It will get easier. Hope you feel better soon.

Be kind to yourself and rest in between walking and sip, sip, sipping.

Have you tried ice to keep your mouth hydrated?

Hope you feel beter soon!

Hugs

Kate

I don't go back to work until the 20th, thank goodness. I wouldn't be able to function if I did. I'm doing pretty much an oz every 15mins but they never told me anything about doubling it. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow to see if I have options.

Thank you!

Be kind to yourself and rest in between walking and sip, sip, sipping.

Have you tried ice to keep your mouth hydrated?

Hope you feel beter soon!

Hugs

Kate

Thank you so much! ???? I've tried many things to stay hydrated and it's not until today that I'm feeling it the worst. I continue to sip throughout the day but maybe I need to bump it up a notch.

I would check with your doc about bumping it up from the 1 oz every 15 minutes. We were sleeved same day, and my instructions were to work towards increasing that as I tolerated. I'm now able to do 4 oz in 15 minutes pretty easily. Hopefully that will help. You're doing great!

Eeeek! I talked to my doctor and they said I can start some soft foods. I had half of a scrambled egg and was full! Then my family had quesadillas and I tried a piece of chicken fajita and I was in heaven. It all went down fine!! I'm beyond excited that I can start some actual food.

I think I am right around the same stage as you. I still struggle some days to get enough fluids in. It's so tricky. I feel like I constantly have to have a bottle in my hands to keep myself drinking. I'm excited to start on some soft foods. Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions to start off with? eggs, mashed potatoes, but then what??

I think I am right around the same stage as you. I still struggle some days to get enough fluids in. It's so tricky. I feel like I constantly have to have a bottle in my hands to keep myself drinking. I'm excited to start on some soft foods. Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions to start off with? eggs, mashed potatoes, but then what??

I hear you. It's definitely not easy. I know my next thing to try is refried Beans with a sprinkle of 2% cheese. I've been looking up a lot of recipes on Pinterest and Google, I've come across a few that peak my interest.

Good luck! You'll do great!

I also had surgery on the 29th and today is may first day of "pureed" foods. I still started out the day with my Premier Protein shake (30 g Protein, 11 oz fluids) because I have been struggling to get in 60 g/day. I picked up some friendship whipped cottage cheese. It has 15 g of protein in 4 oz. I was able to eat 1/4 cup.

Eeeek! I talked to my doctor and they said I can start some soft foods. I had half of a scrambled egg and was full! Then my family had quesadillas and I tried a piece of chicken fajita and I was in heaven. It all went down fine!! I'm beyond excited that I can start some actual food.

What? We were sleeved on the same day and I have to wait till July 21st to start soft foods! Ugh. Wonder if you can switch doctors for their meal plans? Lol.. Congrats on the progress!