Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gearing Up to Begin Pureed Phase

I'm allowed to begin my pureed phase on Tuesday. I'd like to hear from others what they think were some of their best pureed food options. I tend to do better with variety so I was thrilled when I went to full fluids because there was actual taste in the food.......I mean in the liquids. ;)

I was allowed all of these: Cottage cheese. Refried Beans with cheese and salsa. Lemon pepper Tilapia. Blackened Tilapia. chicken salad (still a fave). tuna salad. Ricotta cheese with Marinara. pureed cauliflower with ff cream cheese and bacon bits (mock baked potato). Soft scrambled egg.

I can't think of anything else offhand, I only had purees for a week... and that phase just flew by for me after the liquid hell!

Edited by liannatx

I hope this thread continues. I'll be starting puréed foods next Wednesday and would really love to hear all your ideas too :)

I posted this on another thread, so I'll copy it here....

I'm in my pureed stage now. Hopefully your NUT can give you some recommendations like mine did! She helped me out a lot.

I'm allowed scrambled eggs on my pureed phase (even though they're not pureed). So I do those sometimes, usually one egg + one egg white.

I do a pureed "meal" of refried Beans, salsa, and cilantro pureed with a topping like guacamole or ff sour cream.

I love doing pureed cauliflower with cheese - it's delicious!

And for Protein, I recently started trying pureed chicken salad (which my NUT recommended) and it's not as bad as it sounds!

I also love doing frozen banana pureed with PB2 powder (and a splash of skim milk if it needs it) - it's quick and can be used for any meal.

Tofu is also on my list of things I'm allowed to have so I did that one night too.

I also made a pureed eggplant parm casserole one night -- an eggplant puree topped with a ricotta cheese puree, Tomato sauce, and a tiny bit of breadcrumbs on top! It was really good.

I bought de-boned rotisserie chicken at costco and blended it in the blender with Swanson Tuscan and Southwest broth, then froze it 1/2 cup packages. I can that one package at a time. Thinking of going back and getting some more, and mixing the Southwest brother with chicken and refried Beans.

I haven't gotten to purees yet - how do those pouches tolerate refried Beans? ??

My sleeve seems to do quite fine with the refried Beans - Haven't had any problems!

Please continue with thread, some great ideas here. I start pureed and I'm actually scared of eating because I often over did it on liquids and felt sick.

Please continue with thread, some great ideas here. I start pureed and I'm actually scared of eating because I often over did it on liquids and felt sick.

Weigh your food! I found that 2 oz was just enough of most purees... some might be able to do more or less at first. 2 oz was my perfect amount, and I knew if I had that I would not be miserable! I started weighing because I log it, and then discovered it was great for not "guessing" portion sizes. I still weigh most stuff.

What a great thread! I can't WAIT to start pureed food. Right now I'm on full liquids, and it seems my doctor has a really strict plan for us. 1 week of clears, 2 weeks of full liquids. 3 weeks of only liquid after the 2 week liquid only pre-op diet is NO BUENO! Did anyone else find they were sick of sweet after full liquids? Most of the Protein shakes are sweet, and then sugarfree popsicles and sugarfree pudding are also so sweet. Ready to chew! :D

Bless you all! I too start puréed next week and I can't wait! chicken salad and refried beans(not at the same time) sounds awesome. I never thought I could miss real food so much!

In addition to weighing my food, I also bought the Ziploc 4 oz containers. These help so much!

I ate a lot of Hummus, it is one of my favorite foods by itself. I also did Greek yogurt, refried Beans, mashed sweet potato, mashed banana with some Peanut Butter. I found that Gerber baby food tasted better than Beach Nut. I liked the roast chicken and roast beet. The little jars of Gerber (yes, baby food!) were easy and convenient because they were just the right portion. I also ate tuna and chicken as well as Krab salads I really enjoyed a scrambled egg atop mashed avocado, Mashed squash is tasty also, I put some organic vegetable broth on a plate and place the squash face down on the plate and microwave it for about 20 minutes...so delicious!

Thanks for the great ideas! My grocery list for tomorrow is ready.

Super great ideas! Thanks @Gingi. When was your surgery date?

Perhaps I'm different than most, but I've tried tuna and egg salad, neither went well. Cottage cheese with pureed fruit went ok. I also took Soups and put them in the nutribullet and added unflavored Protein.< /p>