Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats up everyone. I just had my lap band surgery done on the 5/28/15, as of today I went from 293 to 277. The recovery process has been painful. Has anyone else dealt with your stomach feeling bloated?

The bloating and the pain will subside, day by day. Just keep walking as much as you can to break up the gas and all will be well sooner than you think.

Welcome! I'm new too. I'm in the process of a revision from a lapband.

- It helps if you get someone to cup their hand and pay u on the left shoulder blade and right under the shoulder.

Hi there, congratulations on your surgery -- hope you're feeling better today. Sounds like trapped gas. The walking really helped me, and windmill arms. Anything to move the gas out -- we were inflated for the surgery and that gas can get up into weird places, often left shoulder. Karate chops seem to help. I used a heating pad sometimes for comfort, though I didn't really have a bad time as I was just so excited. I wished I had gotten ahead of Constipation issues. I didn't use pain medication but still had to take something at day four or five. Felt better after that. Good luck and way to go deciding to choose a healthy future!

That's what I'm facing now it's been a week and still having a hard time in the restroom lol. But so far I'm feeling better and am able to eat soft foods. Been walking a lot while at work, I use the galaxy watch to help me with the S fit app. It's definitely takes some getting used too lol I really miss some of the foods I used to eat.

Im on day 5 and my left shoulder still has that shooting pain, i am not stranger to pain meds ????...so i have been taking the percocets, and walking, windmill arms and such but the pain is still there and makes it difficult to sleep without the meds. I also miss food a lot, and am worried once the first month is up and I'm more comfortable, im going to want to eat things i shouldn't...I might be ready to lose the weight and change lifestyles but I still love food...

I agree Joel I love food and admit I have been eating things I shouldn't already and it's only been a week and three days since surgery. I have been able to eat omelets for Breakfast and chickfille chicken nuggents. Yesterday I even drank a pint of cranberry and vodka and had no problems. Starting to day I'm going with my diet and eating a cup full or 4oz as recommended by the post opp package.

What's your MOTIVATION?

Is it for your children.. Ur spouse why did u choose this.. Ur your only competition, you know yourself better than anyone else stop cheating on yourself and choose to treat yourself GREAT. Straight up. Real talk that stinkin thinkin is going to put u back to the wt you were before u got the surgery. stick to the instructions or fail. I FAILED. I chose easy foods anything that would go down. The fills got expensive and even then never had a perfect fill. I gained my wt back and more. I chose to have the lap band because I became all kinds of sick w diabetes and my dad had just passed away from diabetes.

Now I'm getting a revision because i couldn't practice the instructions so I said so what just gonna slam a yogurt then a strawberry malt anything that would go down. U better not start cheating not even a little.. This first year u will need to learn self control better now than when u gain all ur wt back and more. So I'm gonna get this sleeve now and it will force me to only eat those portions. I'm just be real I was banded 4 years ago I pray y'all make the right choice to treat yourself to healthy instruction just take it one day at a time but don't ever cheat yourself

I'm not disagreeing with anything your saying lillyd in fact I couldn't agree more. So you out of anyone should know how hard it is to change a complete lifestyle right away. This is new for me and I feel my body changing everday, it's going to take some time to get used to. I'm tempted everyday doesn't mean I'm cheating everyday, I try my best not cheat but like I said it takes some time to get used to and change your body from doing what it's normaly done all it's life. The reason I got into this is so I can live and be active with all my kids. I can tell you one thing I really appreciate the support of this group, it's good to know I'm not the only one facing these challenges and I'm not alone.

I am a newbie here as well! I am trying to understand this process my body is experiencing. I had surgery 6/16 with a starting weight of 228. I now weigh 216.8 (6/21) I did not expect this weight loss. I not complaining please don't take it that way... I just thought I would be losing 1-2 lbs a week. Am I doing something wrong? I am stage 1 with Protein Shakes. I am drinking 60 oz and getting all my Protein grams and Vitamins.

You lose weight fast the first month. I had my surgery on 5/12/15. I had a hernia repair and a lot of pain for the first 5-6 days. Not too much gas pain. Getting up was like the most painful sit-up each time and I was walking hunched over. I'm so glad the pain and even the soreness has subsided. I had lost about 20 lbs. and it slowed

Down the last week before my first fill. I now have 3 cc in my band and I am losing 1-3 lbs a week. It's still a struggle with foods I used to love like chicken wings. I have recently ordered some Protein rich portioned meals from Bariatric Choice website. I am hoping that will help keep me on track for now while I learn the dos and don'ts. Good luck and take it one day at a time.

Since having the lap band for 4years i had The most wt loss in the first year but I didn't have the correct support or Dr & I was cash paying. Why do I mention that? Because when u go through your insurance they make u go through a lot of hoops that seem ridiculous but now that I'm going through the hoops to get a revision to a sleeve and insurance require more dr appts and nutritional & dietician appt it keeps u accountable. I didn't have that when I paid cash and well I NEEDED THAT. I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO PREPARE FOR MYSELF but for my children and hubby I'm on top of it. I decided its time to put me n my health first so I believe the sleeve is right for me. I financially couldn't keep up with fills and unfills but my suggestion to you BANDSTERS.

Strength train 5day AWEEK

Measure your food ahead of time

Think a week in advance

Don't cheat urself

MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT U HAVE TO DO WAKE UP EARLIER OR WORK OUT IN LIVING ROOM W WTS

EVEN GET A PERSONAL TRAINER THEY KNOW HOW TO HELP U AND NOT BOSS U. MOST I ALL DONT GIVE UP✌️????????????