Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, I've never been terribly fashionable because I figured when you're fat you may as well forget it. Well, I'm still fat (for now!) but I'm down 150 pounds and I'm fitting into clothes I bought, never got to wear, and stashed away. I have two pairs of pants that are the same style but different colors. One navy/white stripes and one is khaki/white stripes. They're a cotton blend. I'll attach pictures.

Soooooooo. What color shirts would be okay for each and what color shoes could you wear with them? I know this is probably simple stuff but I'm unsure and don't want to look too stupid ;)

Anyone have ideas?

navy

khaki

Since they are both neutral and both striped I would stick with a solid.

You could do almost any color. You could wear other neutrals (white, brown, or navy) for either.

What is your coloring? What color are your eyes? What is your favorite color?

I would also stick with a solid color for the top, but the color choices are wide as an option. You can always be safe and wear a white top with each, however the black and white striped pants would work with nearly any solid color top (I would like red, deep purple, or any of the green family). As for the khaki and striped pants, I would go for lighter colors such as corals, seafoam green, maybe a pale or dark blue (blues, khaki, and white generally look great together). I like to layer shirts, so for the black and white pants I might wear a deap purple cami with a black or white top. The khaki pants I might wear a seafoam cami with a white top (I probably wouldn't wear a khaki top unless it matches perfectly) or potentially a brown top. As for shoes...if you can match the color of your top exactly with the shoes, that is a fun option, however for black and white pants, black heels or flats, and for the khaki and white pants, go for a camel colored shoe or a brown. If you wear a brown on top and can match shoes to the brown top, that would look super cute too.

Your own style is yours- everyone has one. Fashion sometimes looks completely ridiculous with their feathers and half naked areas, however your style is what makes you feel attractive, comfortable and confident. Short of matching polka dots with stripes, if you feel great, rock your outfit, and no one else will see anything other than fabulous. :)

They are neutrals so you could really wear any color with it. If you want to get daring you could try pattern mixing.

Here's an example.

Mind you this depends on your confidence level. I have always been a fashion-y gal and love wearing bright colors. I think everyone deserves to dress and feel pretty. Go for it and have fun!

I have a dress that is designed to look like a skirt blouse. the color combo I would have never dreamed of... black and white striped bottom and a royale blue top. I get so many compliments on it!

So, a comment I would make is that strong patterns tend to draw attention. So, since i have a relatively skinny ass, i am fine with a striped skirt. I am less inclined to wear a vertical striped top because i am already top heavy.

Anyway, the tan/white looks pretty subtle to me. I think you could go "monochrome" and wear it with a very neutral tan or beige colored top or you could go with a solid color and look great. Frankly, the rules about matching solids with patterns are often broken very successfully, you might even have a subtle pattern top and look good with those.

i think the high contrast navy/white one is harder to wear, but could be striking! I would love it with a crisp white top, or a comfy white tank and a jacket. I would even wear it with a pink top and a navy jacket or sweater but I love my colors and I like that big bold look!

Another option is to go with a nude color shoe.

You can find cute nude heels or flats in leather or patent leather at places like DSW for very reasonable prices.

Yup. If you want to keep it simple, white top would look great with both! And tan and navy flats would be cute, too.

I'm so glad I found this forum, you all are so helpful and great. Thank you all :)

@@Inner Surfer Girl, I have dark brown hair with some light brown highlights and my eyes are hazel. I'm fair skinned.

Seriously, you guys are so awesome :)

You definitely have to post pictures!

There was a trend years ago of determining your "season" based on skin tone, coloring, etc. I don't know if it's still a thing, but figuring out my season helped me determine what colors look best on me.

Edited to add: http://www.colormebeautiful.com/seasons/

All the above answers are great, and I would add a white, lacy cardigan over a white silky tank, and possibly a blouse in the same background color, but with pindots all over it. A bright scarf (if you're into those) for a touch of color would be nice, as well. How fun is this conversation!!!