Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold all the time post op day 10

Hubby had surgery on April 10. He has been cold all the time since then. Pre op he was always not. Anybody else?

He was always hot prior to surgery.

This is totally normal. Many of us experience this, but now that summer is coming on, it should actually help us! Winter was bad for me, I was always bundled up in wool sweaters, flannels.... A nice heated mattress pad is wonderful for sleeping! Have a good evening!

My first 4 months post op were miserable for me as far as being cold. I would sleep in a sweatshirt, sleep pants, fuzzy socks, and 4 blankets. If I left the house, I had at least a hoodie and a jacket with me. If I was at home, I had a robe on. It's eased up the last couple weeks. I still have the occasional bad night but for the most part my body temp has regulated. So it's perfectly normal. My doc also told me my low Iron (I was/am anemic pre and post surgery) could be contributing. I would suggest he ask his doc about his blood work and I hate to say it like this, but get used to it. I think it has a lot to do with taking in less calories than we're burning so I always thought of it as more proof I was losing weight. That helped when the cold got painful. I feel for him, but it's all part of a wonderful journey.

Before my surgery I was always hot. I used to keep my thermostat at 67 in the day and 62 at night. Since my surgery I am always cold. I have raised the temperature to 72-74 in the day and 70 at night, and I still need to be bundled up in hoodies, under blankets, etc. It's normal!

I am 8 weeks out and I am cold all of the time. I wear a sweater in the house and extra blankets on my bed at night. I also have to put a heating pad on my knees several times a day and at bedtime.

I've always been to be hot all the time......My house temp is 85 and everyone is flipping out......that there must be something wrong with me :|

Fat is an insulator so when u r losing it, u get cold.

I look forward,to this! LOL. I'm always HOT!

I'm 4 months out and I have to say this is my favorite side effect. I no longer have the sweat mustache from just sitting outside or turn red because I'm hot and fat. I like being chili!!!

I'm 4 months out and still cold. Not uncommon with weight loss I was told.

Loosing weigh is tough on the body. It is trying to learn how to regulate your temperature. Enjoy the weight loss and bundle up!!!

I'm looking forward to this for this summer. I get sleeved on June 8th and I sweat like a pig in the summer. I hope this will be me!!!

Am on week five post op and still feel cold. Wonder if this will go away. Always wearing sweatshirts and have furnace set at 70 degrees. Chicago has been in the 50's and I'm freezing. Even taken to wearing socks to bed.