Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am wondering if anyone has had success with the belly area after surgery. I've had 4 kids and 4 c-sections and most of my weight is carried in my stomach area making me look about 9 months pregnant ????

It's large, round and hard. No mass or anything because when I lay flat it's all jiggly, but with all the c-sections when I stand up I have no abdominal wall to hold all the fat in thus I get the bulge.

I'm trying to find others (particularly women) who have a similar issue who saw it go away after surgery. Now I'm not talking about skin because I know I'll have a ton but I'm talking about the baby bulge lol.

And if you have any pics that will be helpful too...I see a lot of men with the belly I'm describing and it seems to disappear after surgery but I'm not sure if that will apply to me as a woman. So any success stories would be well appreciated ????

What you are describing can only be fixed with muscle repair surgery, usually done as part of a Tummy Tuck. You may loos some fat around your abdomen as you lose weight, but the only way to "tighten it up" once there has been that much damage to the abdominal wall is surgery.

I was Mrs. Winnie-the-Pooh and can now see straight down. Belly is still flubby and I know I need to work the core more but meanwhile so happy to have lost my paunch. You will, too!

Ok thanks for info! I'm definitely not looking to tighten it up just wondering how others with a belly bulge have looked after massive weight loss. I would imagine after I loose the excess body fat that there wouldn't be much else to bulge if you know what I mean. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how my body will change after surgery ????

@@Bandista that is great news! I'm definitely ok with flubby just ready to be able to see my feet too haha!

Good luck to you -- it will go, just takes a little time. Also you will be amazed when the pant sizes start going down. Sometimes our heads can't keep up with it -- I have to keep checking, are these size 12, what? Really?

My good friend had 5 cesarean sections, has gone from a size 26 to a size 4. She can definitely zip those 4's and see her toes. Yes, lots of loose skin but that's to be expected for any of us loosing 100 pounds or more.

@@goodnuff wow that is amazing! i'm actually in size 26 now...could be smaller but my waist is like whoa lol. Glad to hear that it will start shrinking. How are you feeling after you Bypass? I'm still trying to decide between sleeve or bypass. I'm thinking bypass may be best since I have so much belly fat to lose.

I know what you mean @@Martene81 I have that round mound in the front of my belly, and I'm wondering will I ever lose it without a Tummy Tuck. I have lost 83 lbs. since I started my journey, and it seems to me that I am losing more of my butt than my tummy. I have gone from a size 18 down to a size 12 already, but that tummy bulge is still there.

I'm a firm believer that women have tummy bulges for a reason; to protect those babies we carry, even most skinny girls have a little padding there.

I'm a belly fat carrier too, the upper bulging part is already slightly smaller, I'll just be happy to see feet again.
I've been doing well. I chose the bypass hoping for the best tool to help curb my sugar addiction. Looking forward to getting some energy back. Are you scheduled yet @@Martene81

Edited by goodnuff

@@GreenEyes604 congrats on the 84 pounds lost!! These belly's are a pain but I guess after 4 babies I can't be too mad. Hopefully you'll be looking at toes soon too!

@@goodnuff I totally agree with you on that. My babies were well cushioned lol! I actually just got a tentative date today...May 27th!! I still have my last weigh in on April 23rd then they will submit to insurance...I'm a Teacher so i'm waiting until I'm off in the summer to get the surgery :D

I have what is often called a 'pot belly'. But with the right undergarments, you can't really see anything anymore. Not after losing more than 150 lbs. I've got alot of loose skin but no fat. I'll need plastic surgery to flatten my stomach but I'm not ready to do it yet...if ever.

@@gowalking thanks for the response! You give me hope!! I'm definitely going to invest in shape wear!

So I am wondering if anyone has had success with the belly area after surgery. I've had 4 kids and 4 c-sections and most of my weight is carried in my stomach area making me look about 9 months pregnant ????

It's large, round and hard. No mass or anything because when I lay flat it's all jiggly, but with all the c-sections when I stand up I have no abdominal wall to hold all the fat in thus I get the bulge.

I'm trying to find others (particularly women) who have a similar issue who saw it go away after surgery. Now I'm not talking about skin because I know I'll have a ton but I'm talking about the baby bulge lol.

And if you have any pics that will be helpful too...I see a lot of men with the belly I'm describing and it seems to disappear after surgery but I'm not sure if that will apply to me as a woman. So any success stories would be well appreciated ????

i looked 3 months overdue in belly area & my kids are grown,best thing is swimming when able it hrlps the skin stay hydrated &elasticity to bounce skin back while losing continues.