Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the sleeve in OCT 2013 in Mexico. I went from 300lb to 180lb. I am 46 years old. I could not be happier with the weight loss but am border line depressed with the excess skin and flab. I started working out hard (weight training) four months ago. Sadly I don't see much of a difference. I always had a full face and now it is sagging.

At this point I feel I need a Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, arm lift and breast lift with implants. I will probably have to go to Mexico again because I am self pay.

My concerns and wishes:

Recovery time? I had a friend yesterday get a consult for TT and they told her 10 days. On this board and realself.com it looks like 6-8 weeks.

Has anyone had more than one procedure at a time? It seems like a lot get TT and Breast at same time?

I want an artist. Someone who cares about scarring.

I am 180 and my goal was 160. I am 5'6". I see now and maybe it's because of the flab and cellulite that I might to loose more. I never wanted to be super thin. I am size 12 want to be size 8.

I am so happy about weight loss and feel so much better but can't look at myself in the Mirror. Even my face droops and that is most depressing of all.

Thankfully I have the means or can work on that to get most of this done. It's the down time and not working that concerns me most. I am in sales and travel by car for work.

Any advise, suggestions or encourgment would be appreciated more than you know.

I'm 5'6" and was 180 when I had my plastics 3.5 years ago. I had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants, all over Lipo, and fat grafting to the top of my butt all at one time. I was scheduled for 4 weeks off work, but ended up only working half days for a good while after I went back. That was because of swelling in my lower back. Had I not had that issue, I think 4 weeks would have been adequate time off for my desk job. I spent two full weeks in Mexico at a recovery house, before having my drains removed and returning home. I actually HIGHLY recommend going to Mexico for plastics. Not only is it cheaper, but the surgeons there are very experienced and you will receive round-the-clock care in a recovery house, versus being sent home 1-2 days post-op to fend for yourself like you would be in the US.

My surgeon was Dra. Laura Carmina Cardenas. At the time of my surgery, she was lesser known, but well respected and had excellent reviews. That was 3.5 years ago, though, so you may want to do current research. I am considering going back to her this summer for a revision to my breast augmentation (weight regain and re-loss has been unkind to my boobs), but I haven't done more than some preliminary emails back and forth with her office.

@@JamieLogical

What was your cost for all that? If you're not comfortable telling me, that's okay. I can research. Or you can PM me ;)

@@JamieLogical

What was your cost for all that? If you're not comfortable telling me, that's okay. I can research. Or you can PM me ;)

My total cost back in August of 2011, including the 2 week stay in the recovery house with 24/7 nursing staff and all my meals was about $10,500. I would imagine the price would be at least a little higher now, since that was 3.5 years ago.

By comparison, I met with a surgeon here in the US in January about my potential revision to my breast augmentation and a new breast lift, including hospital and anesthesia, he wanted $7400. That was without the cost of new implants themselves, because he was confident he could get Allergan (the manufacturer of my implants) to replace the actual implants for free.

Thank you so much for your reply. What is fat graphing. I have never issues going to Mexico. Do you know how long you were under? I have a friend in the states who met with a Doctor here who will not do both at the same time. How us your scarring for your Tummy Tuck?

Thank you so much for your reply. What is fat graphing. I have never issues going to Mexico. Do you know how long you were under? I have a friend in the states who met with a Doctor here who will not do both at the same time. How us your scarring for your Tummy Tuck?

Fat grafting is when they take fat that lipo-ed out of other areas and inject it into other places. After losing 90 pounds, the top of my but cheeks were very flat and hollow, so she used fat from other parts of my body, to "plump" them up a bit. You can see in my gallery photos that from the side, I now have a nicely balanced butt shape.

I was under for over 8 hours! It was a little longer than planned and I ended up having to have a blood transfusion (which, was the best thing ever btw!), but I had no long-term ill effects from the prolonged anesthesia or the blood transfusion. One of the conditions of my having so many procedures at one time was that I had to stay in the recovery house for two full weeks so my surgeon could monitor me. She came and checked on me every single day I was there and I had nurses with me 24/7.

The scarring from my tummy tuck is better than I deserve. I regained 80 pounds, ultimately, after my TT, so the scar is stretched a bit, making it wider than it should otherwise be, but it is very light, so not terrible to look at. You can definitely SEE it when I'm naked, but it's very low, so even the skimpiest of panties covers it completely. It's not ugly or harsh looking, just looks like a pale line going almost all the way around my body. My husband, doctors, and I are the only ones who ever see it, so it's no source of stress or worry for me. Like I said, even a skimpy swimsuit bottom or panties covers it completely.

Also, the actual tummy tuck held up EXTREMELY well through my weight re-gain and re-loss. You can see in my gallery pics that even at my pre-sleeve weight, my stomach remained very flat. Now that I've re-lost the weight post-sleeve, it looks awesome and my most recent pics are almost a month old now and I've really been working on strength training lately, so NOW I can see some serious ab definition coming in, which is so cool.

I had lots done at once. I went to Dr Sauceda in mexico. They use a different sedation protocol to make the 9 hour surgery time acceptable. I love my results.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!

I know exactly how exciting it feels to lose weight, only to be disappointed about all the loose hanging skin.

Plastic surgery was definitely the next step for me. Scaring and artistic body results were my biggest concerns as well. I also wanted a caring surgeon with tons of experience. My results were beautiful and done by Dr Victor Gutierrez. He is on RealSelf.com. His reviews speaks volumes about his work and skill as a doctor.

Also look at the before pictures on RealSelf.com. (Under search, type the doctors name)

Here are my before and after pictures.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/member/116222-sweet-pee/

I found my surgeon via RealSelf.com as well. His name is doctor Peter Fisher, out of San Antonio, TX; and I loved his vast years of experience--especially with post weight loss patients--as well as his results. I've consulted with numerous doctor's, but really felt myself drawn to him. He did not try to sell me any procedures--in fact, he convinced me I did not need so many. His prices were very competitive and I am all set for a lower body lift, Tummy Tuck, spiral thigh lift and breast augmentation on June the 9th (and yes, ALL at the same time). I am excited and looking forward to the results, NOT the PAIN, but nevertheless...weight loss journey completion...here I come.

Good luck. I hope you find a surgeon that will help you achieve your goals.

My surgeon was in Florida, so that probably won't be a help to you, but I had all of the surgeries you are looking at. In terms of recovery, 6-8 weeks is the amount of time they suggest you not be working out for- not the actual recovery time. I was walking 5-10 miles a day at the 10 day mark on my abdominoplasty and breast lift/ augment (which I don't suggest since I ended up giving myself a seroma), but I felt physically fine at that point. My arms (and thighs) were a separate surgery and physically I was capable of doing everything that I usually do in a day (walking around, grocery shopping, etc) at about a week out, although my arms twinged with pain for almost 3 months after that surgery. If you have a sedentary job, a week off is about all you need. I was back to working 12 hour days at my computer by the 5th day on all three of my surgeries. If you have a physical job, eh, I have less of an experience level with recovery at that. My procedures were all outpatient, so the first one I had a friend stay with me for a few days, and the second two I just had someone drive me home and I was completely fine by myself the day of surgery. Physically, the pain is minimal and you are easily able to completely take care of yourself the day of surgery and onward, but if you have the option to have someone take care of you or stay in a recovery clinic- that sounds like it would be WAY easier!

Some people have all of their procedures done at once, especially in Mexico, but I'm not sure if it's US law or FL law but they cap you at 6 hours for an outpatient plastic surgery here. As a result, I had multiple surgeries instead of all at once. The first was Lipo of my hips, flanks, lower back, and thighs, breast lift and augment, and abdominoplasty. My second was a brachioplasty and groin incision thigh lift. My third was a posterior body lift with auto augment of the buttocks and a re-do of the thigh lift (because I am picky and my surgeon is awesome- he redid that one for me for free).

As for your question about weight, generally the guideline is to be within 15% of your goal before plastics. I started my first plastics procedure at 153 and I am now 128 and everything still looks exactly like it should, so you should be fine where you are.

Good luck! Plastics are awesome!

I had breast lift/augmentation, lower body lift with butt flap augmentation and arm lift done in one surgery in Mexico with Dr. Sauceda. He uses twilight anesthesia instead of general so you wake up feeling really good. The number of hours in surgery is limited if you do it under general.

I had a neck lift done two days after my body surgery. I was in the surgical hospital for 5 days and the hotel with daily nurse and doc visits for 8 days.

I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

My surgeon was in Florida, so that probably won't be a help to you, but I had all of the surgeries you are looking at. In terms of recovery, 6-8 weeks is the amount of time they suggest you not be working out for- not the actual recovery time. I was walking 5-10 miles a day at the 10 day mark on my abdominoplasty and breast lift/ augment (which I don't suggest since I ended up giving myself a seroma), but I felt physically fine at that point. My arms (and thighs) were a separate surgery and physically I was capable of doing everything that I usually do in a day (walking around, grocery shopping, etc) at about a week out, although my arms twinged with pain for almost 3 months after that surgery. If you have a sedentary job, a week off is about all you need. I was back to working 12 hour days at my computer by the 5th day on all three of my surgeries. If you have a physical job, eh, I have less of an experience level with recovery at that. My procedures were all outpatient, so the first one I had a friend stay with me for a few days, and the second two I just had someone drive me home and I was completely fine by myself the day of surgery. Physically, the pain is minimal and you are easily able to completely take care of yourself the day of surgery and onward, but if you have the option to have someone take care of you or stay in a recovery clinic- that sounds like it would be WAY easier!

Some people have all of their procedures done at once, especially in Mexico, but I'm not sure if it's US law or FL law but they cap you at 6 hours for an outpatient plastic surgery here. As a result, I had multiple surgeries instead of all at once. The first was Lipo of my hips, flanks, lower back, and thighs, breast lift and augment, and abdominoplasty. My second was a brachioplasty and groin incision thigh lift. My third was a posterior body lift with auto augment of the buttocks and a re-do of the thigh lift (because I am picky and my surgeon is awesome- he redid that one for me for free).

As for your question about weight, generally the guideline is to be within 15% of your goal before plastics. I started my first plastics procedure at 153 and I am now 128 and everything still looks exactly like it should, so you should be fine where you are.

In California they will do 8 hours n a surgery center under general anesthesia and I don't think it is a law bc in my recent consults the docs have mentioned it as an " I don't do..." Rather than "I can't do..." And two said 8 hours and one said 6.

In California they will do 8 hours n a surgery center under general anesthesia and I don't think it is a law bc in my recent consults the docs have mentioned it as an " I don't do..." Rather than "I can't do..." And two said 8 hours and one said 6.

@@jess9395

Interesting! I wondered if it was a law or not because it was an issue on all of my surgeries. My doctor said that they start getting cranky when they go over 6 hours and they don't like to let outpatients leave when surgeries run long. Since they do a lot of reconstruction patients in much longer surgeries, I assumed this rule only applied to those of us who leave the facility the same day.

@@jess9395

Interesting! I wondered if it was a law or not because it was an issue on all of my surgeries. My doctor said that they start getting cranky when they go over 6 hours and they don't like to let outpatients leave when surgeries run long. Since they do a lot of reconstruction patients in much longer surgeries, I assumed this rule only applied to those of us who leave the facility the same day.

Could be in Florida but not here in Ca. Interestingly!

Could those who used twilight sedation during their surgeries comment on the experience? I had a broken nose fixed in college (don't judge) and looking back I must have been under the same and remember the whole thing. It wasn't painful per say but I remember odd things like the surgeon picking up the hammer to break my nose... And the pressure of him actually breaking my nose to reset it.... And I remember me being loopy under drugs and telling him he was really cute and I hoped I didn't have boogers in my nose! I remember afterwards thinking it was a horrific experience and wondered why I wasn't fully put under. Do you remember anything?