Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let your voices be heard!

I invite everyone here WLS patient or friend or loved one of a WLS patient. To go to the biggest loser website on Facebook, and express your displeasure over the comments of Dr Huizenga on lasts night big finale show, about how Weight loss surgery is wrong and disgraceful, and a easy way out.

Lets teach this idiot supposed doctor a lesson.

https://www.facebook.com/biggestloser?fref=ts

I invite everyone here WLS patient or friend or loved one of a WLS patient. To go to the biggest loser website on Facebook, and express your displeasure over the comments of Dr Huizenga on lasts night big finale show, about how Weight loss surgery is wrong and disgraceful, and a easy way out.

Lets teach this idiot supposed doctor a lesson.

https://www.facebook.com/biggestloser?fref=ts

@Stevehud

I would like you to sit down before reading this as I do not want you to fall down and bump your head.

Are you sitting?

Are you sure?

I think your plea to speak out is a great one. I did not see the episode because I disagree with the premise of the show. I think it's setting up the contestants for failure and it's setting up unrealistic expectations on what is "normal" as far as diet, exercise and rate of weight loss for it's viewership.

I watch it occasionally, but I use it as a learning tool for my children to reiterate the how ridiculous it is to put one's body through that type of regimen.

Social media is a great tool and I hope that enough people speak out against this show that they actually HEAR the damage that they are doing. I hope they soon refocus their efforts and promote healthier, more sustainable weight loss.

That said...

I think your method of communication is aggressive, totally ruining your message and your credibility. Your first words are "You people are crap." You followed that up with "You should be disgusted at yourselves" and "GO TO HELL! ". You then leave them with the request that they "Tell Dr Negligent to stick it where his stethoscope don't shine."

I understand that you are passionate about WLS and this topic is a hot button for you. That said, do you think that anyone is going to take you seriously when you argue in that manner?

I am NOT trying to be disrespectful to you, I swear. I am simply offering you a bit of (unwelcome and unasked for) coaching. It's my OPINION that you will garner much more support and attention by utilizing professional words and a calm demeanor.

I know when I work with my clients, I am much more willing to discuss issues with those who approach me calmly, politely and professionally than with those who come to me having what amounts to the temper tantrum I equate to toddler-like.

Again, I am not trying to offend you. I agree with you. I am simply asking you to consider your words when you speak for the WLS community. It doesn't make us look good.

I will definitely lodge my complaint to them. I was appalled at his comment. I hope the weight loss surgery community let's them have it. While I am at it I might tell them what a fake show I think they have and how they are trying to psychoanalyze these people without the benefit of qualifications.

While i understand your point Lipstick Lady, i truly do. In some cases rational discourse is not the most effective method of conveying a point. In some cases a scathing furious diatribe can elicit the appropriate response while being cathartic to the person using it. Sometimes fire and brimstone will do more to hold the attention of the reader more so than a well written argument. I want these people to understand I m not upset, or mad, I am downright disgusted and furious, and I want that barely contained fury towards this man and his ridiculous statements, and I want them to know it.

Thanks for the heads up. I hate that show.

I have to agree with the coaching -packaging a message well can make all the difference in whether people are even open to hearing it....

first time I watched the show in years and it made me very upset.

done, tactfully put, but done none the less

they are deleting the posts as fast as they go up

While i understand your point Lipstick Lady, i truly do. In some cases rational discourse is not the most effective method of conveying a point. In some cases a scathing furious diatribe can elicit the appropriate response while being cathartic to the person using it. Sometimes fire and brimstone will do more to hold the attention of the reader more so than a well written argument. I want these people to understand I m not upset, or mad, I am downright disgusted and furious, and I want that barely contained fury towards this man and his ridiculous statements, and I want them to know it.

You are correct. If you sure trying to piss someone off or make yourself look bad, respond with yelling, name calling, cursing.

If you want some one to hear your argument, treat you with respect, change their minds/words/actions, the above will only shut them down from listening to you and make YOU appear the fool. ;)

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in! I'm a very outspoken person myself BUT like lipstick lady stated you have to do it in a certain way. The other thing I would like to add which probably isn't going to be a popular statement; while what he said offended you and many others; myself included, do you think he honestly cares? Do you think the network cares? Nope, not at all. He doesn't care that a bunch of WLS patients are upset at him, he's getting more publicity out of the whole thing which could have been his angle for saying it in the first place. While it's great to use your voice, I don't think you should waste your voice, on people who don't matter. What outcome are you hoping to gain from going on his FB and yelling? I bet you he's sitting in his mansion now, ordering lunch and waiting for a massage while he's reading these posts. He doesn't care and "if" and that's a BIG IF he apologizes for what he said, it isn't because he's truly sorry for what he said, he's saying it because his lawyers told him he had to. Now, if voicing your opinion means there's a chance for a positive outcome/change, or will make someone see where you're coming from then by all means yes, but in this case it doesn't so just move on and don't waste another second of your life on things that don't matter and you can't change!!

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in! I'm a very outspoken person myself BUT like lipstick lady stated you have to do it in a certain way. The other thing I would like to add which probably isn't going to be a popular statement; while what he said offended you and many others; myself included, do you think he honestly cares? Do you think the network cares? Nope, not at all. He doesn't care that a bunch of WLS patients are upset at him, he's getting more publicity out of the whole thing which could have been his angle for saying it in the first place. While it's great to use your voice, I don't think you should waste your voice, on people who don't matter. What outcome are you hoping to gain from going on his FB and yelling? I bet you he's sitting in his mansion now, ordering lunch and waiting for a massage while he's reading these posts. He doesn't care and "if" and that's a BIG IF he apologizes for what he said, it isn't because he's truly sorry for what he said, he's saying it because his lawyers told him he had to. Now, if voicing your opinion means there's a chance for a positive outcome/change, or will make someone see where you're coming from then by all means yes, but in this case it doesn't so just move on and don't waste another second of your life on things that don't matter and you can't change!!

But if we don't speak up when offended, all of the other people who were offended might believe they are alone. The protest isn't only aimed at the offender. It's also aimed at the general public.

LOL I am on my 1st internet battle on there a lady named Deanna just posted on someones that WLS patients do not have to excercise, that it's easier than what the contestants did. While I am thrilled for those contestants that get on there and lose the weight and are able to make a lifestyle change and keep it off, our way is not easy.

Deanna doesn't like me cuz I called him Dr bad hair...lol

I posted and response was so mean. people called me lazy and too dumb to be able to stay on a diet . It is really sad but, I get the last laugh . Ultimately those people normally re-gain all and then some of their weight. I've seen it over and over and I myself have lost hundreds of pounds in my past. so, even though we all know weight loss surgery is serious business and a drastic step to take to lose weight most people who hear people like Dr. Putz on tv believe him.