Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't done anything right

Seriously Iam 1 month out and I still don't get more than 16 oz of Water or more than 30-35 grams of protien its not that I can't I just choose not too idk why I'm eating all the wrong foods I just had chips yesterday I had cake today and cheesecake sooooo much spicy food I used to think I couldn't get all the liquids n protiens in but this week has been bad bad bad n I've eaten a lot of juice so if I can get that much juice in a sitting I can get that water in idk what to do everyone in this house eats SOOO damn much FOOD FOOD FOOD that's all they do and I give in to temptation I Wish my tummy would hurt with all that bad food but it didn't which makes it 20x harder to sit there n watch ppl ughhhhh so mad at my self ....... Sorry there's no punctuation it a rant. ????

So how are you now? Any ill effects? I'm about 3 weeks out and can only do the pureed stuff still. I am trying hard, especially with all the goodies around this time of year, to get in what I can for Protein...I maybe got in 50g if I'm lucky today. There's still time for another shake, so I'll try that. Water for me, too is an issue, with the hernia repair. Just try to remember what you did all this for, it was for YOU. YOU are important enough to stick with the program. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Seriously Iam 1 month out and I still don't get more than 16 oz of Water or more than 30-35 grams of protien its not that I can't I just choose not too idk why I'm eating all the wrong foods I just had chips yesterday I had cake today and cheesecake sooooo much spicy food I used to think I couldn't get all the liquids n protiens in but this week has been bad bad bad n I've eaten a lot of juice so if I can get that much juice in a sitting I can get that water in idk what to do everyone in this house eats SOOO damn much FOOD FOOD FOOD that's all they do and I give in to temptation I Wish my tummy would hurt with all that bad food but it didn't which makes it 20x harder to sit there n watch ppl ughhhhh so mad at my self ....... Sorry there's no punctuation it a rant. ????

Were you self pay? If not, how the hell to you get past the psych eval? Didn't you have ANY preop counseling? Does your bariatric team offer any postop therapy or group support? It kind of seems that you have no intentions of committing to the changes it takes to be successful. And trying to blame it on the other people in your house is very lame. I'm sure I'll get slammed for this "tough love" response, but seriously, you have obviously wasted your surgeon's time and either yours or the insurance company's money.

everyone in this house eats SOOO damn much food

@@ELI.p.m

YOU are the one that has to deal with food in general

you can't tell the world to have Water and Protein shakes :o

doesn't work that way :huh:

it must be hard being around all that food

don't ask others/family to change "their" habits

you gotta stop with the eating of chips et al

cake,spicy food

stop eating all those foods :angry:

you know you shouldn't even "say" such words as cheesecake

you want/need to lose your weight

you made a wise decision to have WLS

please don't screw up now!!!!

get a mindset that you MUST do this for your health and happiness

are you having trouble drinking / do you hurt when you swallow??

if not, then you must push the fluids

whether you like it or not!!

set a timer every 15 minutes to drink, drink, drink

at this early stage Water is more important

then again at 1 month post op you do need your Protein too

look at yourself in the mirror

say what the heck am i doing??

i need to lose this weight

i finally went through a major surgery to help me lose weight

i gotta get back on the stick!!!

now DO IT!!!! :angry:

"do or do not, there is no try"

hopefully you'll get back on the boat safely, before you start to sink :(

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

@@ELI.p.m I know it can be difficult to make any sort of lifestyle change. I for one will not talk down to you or shun you. We were/are all food addicts and that's what got us in this position in the first place. Each of us will have big and small battles with food as we continue on this journey.

However, I think on a daily basis you have to remind yourself of why you went through all the trouble in the first place. To be healthier, to look better, and to feel better. None of those will be accomplished if you don't put forth a good faith effort.

I'm not saying you can never have junk again, anything you can tolerate is okay occasionally. But, you should really focus on finding healthy foods that taste good and provide you with the nutrients you need to be holistically successful on this journey.

Best of luck to you!

Well, there is nothing you can do about the past-- it's over. So plan your attack. Here's some ideas:

1) Plan your meals the day before

2) Have a long talk with your family members- they are sabotaging you.

3) Make an appointment with dietitian and insist that the cook/food shopper attend

Good luck-- don't let them ruin your journey to weight loss and good health!

It's the Christmas season which means that there you are going to be surrounded by yummy, sugary, and fattening food. Nobody is sabotaging you, this is life. Let everyone else eat their wonderful food. Your job is to strategize so that you are not tempted. Think ahead before these temptations occur because they will be everywhere, even when the Christmas season is over. You are the one that got the surgery, so you are the one that has to make the big changes. I went to a get-together this afternoon and sipped on a Protein Shake while everyone was consuming their feast. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't hungry while being surrounded by food that would be tempting. When you plan ahead, there is more of a chance that you will succeed.

Gosh, I'm amazed at how much posts like this affect me. I want so badly to succeed and when I hear of someone having a hard time it scares me....gives me the feeling that I'm going to mess up and not lose the weight. It's like "See! People have the surgery and they still overeat! It's possible that you're going to have the surgery and still be fat!" It just seems that I have worked so hard to change my habits and this surgery means so much to me. Gosh I feel like I'm going to cry.

Seriously Iam 1 month out and I still don't get more than 16 oz of Water or more than 30-35 grams of protien its not that I can't I just choose not too idk why I'm eating all the wrong foods I just had chips yesterday I had cake today and cheesecake sooooo much spicy food I used to think I couldn't get all the liquids n protiens in but this week has been bad bad bad n I've eaten a lot of juice so if I can get that much juice in a sitting I can get that Water in idk what to do everyone in this house eats SOOO damn much food FOOD FOOD that's all they do and I give in to temptation I Wish my tummy would hurt with all that bad food but it didn't which makes it 20x harder to sit there n watch ppl ughhhhh so mad at my self ....... Sorry there's no punctuation it a rant.

So lets pull this apart and see if we can help. At one month out, how much are you eating at a time? Are you only able to tolerate about a half cup or so of food in a sitting? When you eat, do you hit a point when it becomes uncomfortable to eat more? I think most people here will tell you that at 4 weeks post op, we can't handle much food at one time, if you aren't feeling any restriction, you should talk to your surgeon.

You say you can't get in enough water. Why not? Is it you cannot? If you cannot, you should talk to your surgeon. Water, enough water is vital, if you don't get enough water you can suffer from either dehydration or serious Constipation and either or both can put you back into the hospital.

You say you only get in 30- 35g protien. Once again, is it cannot? Talk to surgeon? I doubt its cannot because you also say you've indulged in chips and cake, if you can eat junk food, you can choose to eat Protein instead. The sleeve will help you with portion size, but you are responsible for the quality of the calories that you take in.

As far as being in a house with a lot of food, who's buying it? Who brings it in? Just be sure you're not the enabler, if you were to stop buying the junk food, would there be a lot in the house? If its others and they don't support you, what can you do to succeed in this journey? You have obviously decided to make a change in your life, and you deserve support from your family. Will they support you? If not, where can you get support?

Anyway, that's my two bits, maybe take a moment in this journey to think about why you went thru this and what your expectations are. Good luck!

So lets pull this apart and see if we can help. At one month out, how much are you eating at a time? Are you only able to tolerate about a half cup or so of food in a sitting? When you eat, do you hit a point when it becomes uncomfortable to eat more? I think most people here will tell you that at 4 weeks post op, we can't handle much food at one time, if you aren't feeling any restriction, you should talk to your surgeon.

You say you can't get in enough Water. Why not? Is it you cannot? If you cannot, you should talk to your surgeon. Water, enough water is vital, if you don't get enough water you can suffer from either dehydration or serious Constipation and either or both can put you back into the hospital.

You say you only get in 30- 35g protien. Once again, is it cannot? Talk to surgeon? I doubt its cannot because you also say you've indulged in chips and cake, if you can eat junk food, you can choose to eat Protein instead. The sleeve will help you with portion size, but you are responsible for the quality of the calories that you take in.

As far as being in a house with a lot of food, who's buying it? Who brings it in? Just be sure you're not the enabler, if you were to stop buying the junk food, would there be a lot in the house? If its others and they don't support you, what can you do to succeed in this journey? You have obviously decided to make a change in your life, and you deserve support from your family. Will they support you? If not, where can you get support?

Anyway, that's my two bits, maybe take a moment in this journey to think about why you went thru this and what your expectations are. Good luck!

She says in her initial post it's not that she CANT she just DOESNT.

No one is sabotaging you by eating too much food. What they eat has nothing to do with you. You can't expect them to change their lives because you have. They have their own lives and choices. But yes you can decide what you bring into the house. The holiday season is tough overall, and it will be over soon. Then make a fresh start and commit.

Perhaps it's time to seek counseling. Consistently making the wrong choices when it comes to eating is a sign of a food addiction. Blaming the poor food choice you make on how the people in your house eat means you aren't even owning your part in what you do or do not eat. It's one thing to come here and rant, we all do from time to time. However if you are serious about changing your life and your health get some counseling so you can learn new eating behavors

Edited by BLERDgirl

Are you still losing weight even with your diet?

1 month out she probably hasn't seen the doctor yet. I saw the doctor at 2 weeks then 6 weeks then 3 mths.

@@ELI.p.m Cut that crap out! You know better! You have to be stronger! If you can't remove the food from your house remove yourself from the food! Only you have control of the hand to mouth routine! Willpower. Use some willpower! Find alternative foods! Come on now you can do better than this! Start over now. Track what you put in your mouth, get a hobby ect to take your mind off of it. Get on a food eating "routine". Remember the reasons why you wanted this! Write them down and carry them with you. If all else fails take a picture of yourself in a bikini (bra and undies..whatever) and look at it when you want to eat junk! Good luck!

So how are you now? Any ill effects? I'm about 3 weeks out and can only do the pureed stuff still. I am trying hard, especially with all the goodies around this time of year, to get in what I can for protein...I maybe got in 50g if I'm lucky today. There's still time for another shake, so I'll try that. Water for me, too is an issue, with the hernia repair. Just try to remember what you did all this for, it was for YOU. YOU are important enough to stick with the program. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

I ate hot puffs (chips) yesterday I ate 6 n felt fine I ate 3 more n my stomach started hurting. I was doing so good (progressing) up until the third week ended, I had such a hard time when I got out of surgery EVERYTHING mad me nauseated water protiens drinks even when I started purée applesauce and yogurt made me sick