Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Wks Out Only Down 10 Lbs

It seems low. Is this normal? How much can I expect to lose the first month?

(I know everyone is different, etc., but only 10 lbs the first 2 weeks seems like not very much)

PS It seems like I lost at this rate on the pre-op diet. That's why I thought surgery would make the weight drop off faster.

For some people it does go faster, and for others it doesn't Either way it's 10lbs less than you weighed before. Slow and steady wins the race.

cool, another chance to do my copy/paste ... but I'll add that what did you expect your body to do after major surgery? This isn't a magical thing, this still takes work. Anyway, here's my copy/paste... (again)

AWESOME!! I get to do my copy/paste AGAIN!!

Aww.. I haven't gotten to copy/paste my copy/paste in a while!! Thanks for the opportunity!!

I'll just copy/paste the copy/paste I did less than a week ago:

I'll just copy/paste the answer I gave to someone else less than a week ago who asked the same thing:

A search will show you dozens ... and dozens ... of threads about the stall that happens around week 2-3 post-op. Your body just had major surgery. Give it a break and relax and get well. Put the scale away and don't bring it out again for a couple of weeks. Be good to yourself, let yourself heal. Stalls happen all the time, this isn't a sprint it's a marathon.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first got home from the hospital, I dropped weight like a rock sinking into Water. In fact I lost 17lbs in the first week. One day I woke up 7 lbs lighter. In one day. My Dad was all like, "is that normal?" So I thought maybe something was wrong and I was losing too fast! Then I stalled out at two weeks post op for 12 long days. Since then my weight loss has slowed down. I will go a week without losing then lose 5 lbs. I know when I lost weight on my own pre-sleeve, I didn't have the saggy skin that I have now. And I lift weights to try to combat it, but rapid loss does have its disadvantages.

Honestly, if you think about it, 5 lbs a week is a rapid loss. The average dieter is lucky to lose maybe 2lbs a week. So 5 lbs in a week is a good rate.

ONLY 10 lbs the first 2 weeks seems like not very much)

@@mnmlst

ok, just got off the phone with Merriam Webster (dude or dudette :blink: )

i asked TOLD he/she to take the word ONLY out of the dictionary!!!! :angry:

abolish the word for life!!!

no such thing as you ONLY lost 1 lb, 2 lbs etc :wacko:

holy moly girlfriend

you are really off to a great start :)

keep up the good job :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I like that Proudgrammy. I would love to seat with you. I am sure you will have me cracking up all the time.

Losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome. That is a great accomplishment. My surgeon expext me to lose 10 pounds PER month by the time I see him in February. Your weight lose will slow down though. Enjoy it now.

Later loser!

All of you who responded have such wisdom. I Really needed to hear that. I have lost 8# In two weeks. That is a good loss for anyone. This is a new lifestyle and I am not In a race.

I've had to work on not comparing myself with others. Everyone is different and our bodies will react in their own way.

I "only" lost 14lbs (I'm two weeks post-op). I was disappointed because I'd seen other people who lost 20+ in the same time frame.

But then I looked at every failed attempt I've had over the last 20 years of dieting and I never lost a pound a day! I've lost 53lbs since August 25th (day I started this adventure). I need to be proud of that and just focus on following my plan and letting my sleeve help guide me. :-)

14 pounds in two weeks is awesome. Just keep looking forward.

5 lbs a week is pretty freakin' awesome if you ask me!

I've only lost 12 lb in the first two weeks, then stalled for 10 days. Then lost another 2 lb in a week. I think I'm a slow loser. I'm 63 and a low BMI to begin with.