Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxiety is setting in!

OMG! My surgery isn't until 9/22 and I'm sitting here at my pre-op appt with anxiety! I hate this feeling. Nothing like signing papers that say "risk of blood clots, cardiac arrest, and............. DEATH!

Breathe Melanie! Breathe

OMG i have mines on Wednesday the 3rd...Dear father...

mines on Wednesday also ... then surgery on Friday....

It's all normal believe me most ppl go thru it..the 2 wks up till the day got more an more questionable in my mind. That's why I didn't discuss this with no family members except my hubs. It's hard enuff in ur own mind. But after 20 yrs of thinking an research an talking to a close friend who did this 7 yrs ago I learned a lot. You'll do great. I know the feeling of when I signed my life away..haha. .it was nerve racking! But I was determined an ready! Sick n tired of being fat. An with hashis only going up! My drs sent me to my surgeon. .hang in there! My surgeon told me if I can make it thru first month I have it made...he was right. I'm 7 wks out an I'm in a all different thinking mode..luvn it!! Keep us posted..use ur pain pump..an by my 4th hr after surgery I at least walked outside of rm door turned back got back in bed! After another hr walked to nurses station came back..make a lil longer or as far as u can stand it makes the gas tolerable. .

Hello. Anxiety is normal. If its unbearable, talk to your primary doctor. Mine gave me Lexapro and it helped amazingly!

I am 3 weeks post op now. I just want to tell you that if you trust your decision, trust your doctor, and are confident in the hospital you chose, then you can relax. They are professionals and have performed hundreds, if not thousands, of these surgeries, no doubt.

I can also tell you that your experience is going to be uniquely yours. ( Read that last sentence again.....) Please, please, please do not read these threads about complications and assume that you are going to go thru the same issues. I can tell you that odds are in your favor. Complications are a very, very, very, low percentage. Keep in mind that people are reaching out for answers sometimes and those types of worries can dominate a lot of these threads. Look for positive threads...read some of the post op threads. The energy you are using on all this worry and anxiety is not necessary.

Have faith, trust, believe and you will be just fine.

Totally normal! I was TERRIFIED before mine. I was convinced I wouldn't wake up from surgery. I'd spent so long morbidly obese I couldn't imagine being anything but so I assumed I just wouldn't make it. That was two months ago and I woke up with no complications and feeling pretty good from the start.

I wish all of you with upcoming dates an uneventful surgery and recovery. Have faith!

Yes but still so scary...A few years go i had my appendix removed...when i had to signed the paper work...and the nurse said..do u have a living will...i said yes but why are we talking about my will....lol just incase i was soo shocked :unsure: :( and bawling...then the nurse throw in organ donating i just about lost it....My eyes i said i want them....the pain of it all nurse was looking like WTF...but hey it was my first surgery ever....they had to give me an extra hour and asked if i wanted to do the surgery another time...All that aside trust in the lord that he will bring u through and all will be well...and pray pray pray....good luck ALL especially september sleevers :D ....

My anxiety was killing me. I even tried to back out of the surgery, but luckily they deal with that all the time and were able to talk me out of it. I am so grateful for that because the benefits out way everything else. In fact, my overall anxiety is way down now that I feel better about myself and my new life.

Hello. Anxiety is normal. If its unbearable, talk to your primary doctor. Mine gave me Lexapro and it helped amazingly! I am 3 weeks post op now. I just want to tell you that if you trust your decision, trust your doctor, and are confident in the hospital you chose, then you can relax. They are professionals and have performed hundreds, if not thousands, of these surgeries, no doubt. I can also tell you that your experience is going to be uniquely yours. ( Read that last sentence again.....) Please, please, please do not read these threads about complications and assume that you are going to go thru the same issues. I can tell you that odds are in your favor. Complications are a very, very, very, low percentage. Keep in mind that people are reaching out for answers sometimes and those types of worries can dominate a lot of these threads. Look for positive threads...read some of the post op threads. The energy you are using on all this worry and anxiety is not necessary. Have faith, trust, believe and you will be just fine.

Did you start the lexapro pre op or post op? Is it affecting your weight at all?

My surgery is September 24th and I alternate between really excited and terrified.

Some of the most amazing and memorable things we do are the most terrifying; Riding that big roller coaster, white Water rafting, skydiving, getting married, having children. This is going to be life changing and completely worth a few butterflies.

For those changing their lives tomorrow take deep breaths your going to be ok!!! There's a good reason your big day is tomorrow! ! A healthier you is in the so near future: ) my emotions were all over the place. ..I did take a valium the night before I felt good before hand but I had the shakes inside. It calmed them down so I could rest. Trust your Dr, the hospital staff are professional an will take good care of you..keep us posted!! If u can: )