Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op surgery swelling GONE

Now that the post op swelling is gone the hunger has arrived with vengeance, I just ate some Cheetos, an apple fritta and some vanilla wafers. I NEED some HELP. Did I choose the wrong? HELP

Did you choose the wrong foods to eat ? Yes. Did you choose the wrong surgery ? Depends on you . You have to stick to the rules if you want to be successful, with a stronger , healthier mind and body. Im doubtful cheetos and apple fritters are what your Dr. reccommended, so let this mistake go, learn from it, and stick to the rules, Clear Liquids or mushies ? Not sure what you're on , but you can do it ! We've ALL been there ! Good luck !

I guess I thought there would be consequences such as pain and nausea but really it just up to me without any help right now to make the correct choices. I have got to get this right. I was thinking I would go from swelling to restrictions. Was not planning on this "ability" to do the wrong think without any consequenses. Thanks for being honest with me

Welcome to "Bandster Hell". You've had the surgery, but probably no fill, sooooooo , that means no restriction. Yet. Until you get to fills and the green zone, you'll have to watch what you eat very carefully... My Dr.s orders were Protein 1st, fruits and veggies 2nd, carbs last. No fast food, limit sweets, exercise min 3x a week. Lots of Water. Its not that hard. But the payoff is sweeeeet !!!!! You can do this too. We've got your back. Good luck !!!

Traci..... Although I'm not happy for you I am happy someone is going through the same exact thing as me. I was just banded on July 30 and I think I'm healing pretty well because I have no restriction at all and I tested the waters by eating chips also. I'm freaking starving!!! I'm starting to fall off and not listen to the doctors. I'm here with you girl!!! we have to get back on track together and stick to the plan

You can do this! Remember why you went through this surgery! Good luck to you all at making better choices!

Wow!!! I'm just curious as to why one would go through such lengths to have obesity surgery and have been given information on what to do but then not do it???? Not trying to be mean here but I was scared to death to deviate from the plan immediately after surgery. Grant it I didn't always choose the best to eat especially when I was so darn hungry and it showed at least not this early after surgery. I gained a few pounds. Defeating the purpose. I listened to my team and kept telling myself to just do it. You know Nike's motto and I tell you the same. This is the most important part of the surgery and you can do it. Please stick to the liquid phase the amount of time they have told you. Your success or failure lies with you. So what are you going to be??? Successful or a failure? Congratulations on being banded and best wishes.

Edited by Lady VS

I had my first pre op appt yesterday and talked to the dr about this whole not doing the right thing problem I have. I confessed to everything. He said that I needed to get my head straight cause I would probably not feel any restriction until December. DECEMBER! He said he has his hardest time with people like me that need to lose 60-80 lbs. Because we are on the lower end of the weight loss spectrum we tend to be unrestricted (swelling gone) the fastest and even with the smallest band, have the longest time to get to the restrictive feeling. I have found that this is a mind game. I want to quit and wonder why I even did it. But the band is there and I cannot just "not use it" because of the problems that can cause so I have to do right. Back to mushies...First fill Sept 10. Doc said it will probably just prime the system with 2 cc. Sorry that I aggravate so many on here but it was also nice to have those couple comments from those who are like me. At least I am not an alien..lol

Later

Traci

I know exactly how you feel. I was banded in July. I am STARVING!!! I eat a lot Protein, drink a lot of Water and stay out of the kitchen. It has been challenging. But seeing the numbers go down on the scale makes it all worth it. Hang in there.

I know how you feel. I was banded June 3 and until recently, couldn't tell the band was even there. I felt hungry and no restriction. I know the band is a tool, but I couldn't tell it was doing anything.

I've had 3 fills now and the one week before last finally gave me hope this might actually work. I see my surgeon again tomorrow and will ask for a little more fill, which I hope will put me firmly in the green zone.

Traci L. ! You are almost the exact same weight I was when I got banded, and I understand your temptation issues. I found that when I ate my Protein 1st, fruits and veggies 2nd, carbs last, I really didnt have hardley ANY room for junk. If I still craved something sweet, I was happy with a small cookie or a WW ice cream bar. I swam 3 x a week, walked 1x a week. And im not lying , the weight started coming off immediately. On surgery day ( Dec 13, 2011) I was 220 lbs. By end of Feb, I was down another 15 lbs. Everyone 's body will respond differently, but if you stick to the rules, you will be much more successful. Wishing you luck !!! You can do this !!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm one week post-op as of today and I feel like I am doing things wrong. I am following the instructions, to a "t" and am starving. I am afraid I'm going to screw something up. My swelling is gone, but my incisions are still healing. I have my first post-op appointment next week and I'm nervous. I know I shouldn't get discouraged because I'm not losing a whole lot (with my pre-op diet, I lost 24lbs) because I have a long way to go. But- at the same time, I'm scared I'm stretching my pouch, even a little bit. I'm scared.

I'm kind of happy that I stumbled into this website... and you guys... because I was googling things like "Post-op lap band, I don't feel full" and I was terrified...

Best of luck, and friend me if you like- I don't have any haha.

Hang in there!!! I was banded on July 25 and just finished the "mushy" food phase. What has helped me the most is a good Protein Shake, blended with ice to make it a little thicker.