Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too much too soon?

Hi. Had Band to Bypass Conversion on June 18. Ive had no pain, no nausea, no restriction, no full feeling. Am I a freak of nature?? I've been able to eat anything that's been put in front of me. Any kind of food, almost any amount. I'm not sure what to do. It comes down to the old adage " just because you can, doesn't mean you should ". I've called my Dr, but he doesn't seem worried. Personally, I'm freaking out. Any thoughts??

The first few weeks it's hard to tell when you're full. Once you heal and your nerves heal, you'll feel it. That's why they stress measuring so much in the beginning. I wouldn't feel full, but I knew not to eat more than two-three ounces at a time.

Makes sense, but I sometimes don't know when to quit. I'm extremely surprised I can even EAT that much, without puking or pain...

Example of menus? Maybe it isn't a lot, you just think it is?

I would think that as long as you are following your surgeon's guidelines for your diet you should be fine. It's great to hear of people that are doing so well immediately following surgery :)

I purchased different kinds os 3/4 oz bell jars,plastic containers,custard cups and 3 ounce paper cups. On the suggestion of the centers support person everything I eat or drink is from one of these containers and I use a baby spoon. This way you visually see what 3 oz looks like and you will not over eat as you learn Portion Control. My goal is to build a collection of cute little cups, saucers and little dishes for just me...

The first few weeks it's hard to tell when you're full. Once you heal and your nerves heal, you'll feel it. That's why they stress measuring so much in the beginning. I wouldn't feel full, but I knew not to eat more than two-three ounces at a time.

Do the 1-3 ounces include liquids as well??? Maybe this is a silly question but I am on liquids right now and I am taking in more than that per meal. I am confused!!!

Yes the liquids count for both Protein and fluids per my doc.

I've had a similar experience. I've been able to tolerate everything I've eaten (except I tried half a Protein bar last week on soft foods and it felt like I had swallowed a brick). I don't feel "full" or "restriction" but I'm measuring every single thing I put on a plate and I'm staying at half a cup or less. I don't feel any hunger either, so I'm eating by the clock. I eat Breakfast and around 10:30 or 11:00 have lunch, then a late lunch around 1:30 or 2:00 and then dinner around 6:00. It works good to split lunch because it's too long of a stretch from 7am to 12pm or 12pm to 6pm.

The past week I have started noticing more of a full feeling and actually haven't finished some of the portions I've doled out for myself.

On the recommendation of my Dr.s office I eat and drink everything out of 3 ounce paper cuts. I have been collecting small containers to use instead. That way I don't over eat or drink at any one time.

Here I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I have no idea what full feels like. I have not had any dumping. I can eat anything and any amount and I'm 8 months out. I was really hoping for the restrictions. But it ultimately comes down to what I choose to do. I like the idea of putting things in 3 oz cups, I'll have to give that a try.

I'm about 7mos out and sometimes I feel like I'm eating 8oz of food before I'm full. Sometimes 4oz will get me full. It's a crazy mind game

I had the same thing... the first week or two I didn't get nauseous, or feel over full, I could eat anything as long as i chewed it to pulp and only had something get stuck once.

However, I portioned every bit of food out because I was afraid to overeat and bust my staples.

Now, three weeks out, I have started getting nauseous when I eat greasy foods. I eat sugar (imitation sugar gives me migraines), but i have not eaten the unhealthy sugars (like candy), only things like yogurt, popsicles and instant oatmeal.

I am still watching portions carefully. fear does wonders.

Jennifer

Do the 1-3 ounces include liquids as well??? Maybe this is a silly question but I am on liquids right now and I am taking in more than that per meal. I am confused!!!

How far out are you CIO?

How far out are you CIO?

Yesterday was my 3rd week anniversary. I started eating puréed foods today.