Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Met a friend for Breakfast this morning. I ordered two scrambled eggs, bacon and rye toast. My friend had an omelet. While we were chatting, I took two of the three pieces of bacon and put it on her plate. Did it without even breaking stride in our conversation and she didn't even notice....even when she was eating it. After we got up from the table, I glanced at my plate. About half of one egg left over. I ate my one piece of bacon. All the fried potatoes still on the plate. Half of one piece of rye toast gone and the other piece untouched. coffee cup drained but the OJ went untouched as well. I know at some point I won't even notice this type of stuff but I'm still early in the process and the changes in my eating habits are still very obvious to me. I truly was proud of myself when I saw what was on that plate. I didn't care what I had spent...and what was left over. It was way more important to see what the plate of a normal sized person looks like.

You go girl! You remineded me I have to call my Doc. I have been eating my face off, I know it's stress but it's no excuse! I called the doc and I go in on Monday. Also going to see the endo doc for a full blood work up to be sure nothing else is slowing me down here :)

I know it's one step at a time...but I am losing focus on "me" and it's not a selfish thing but an intentional thing. I am putting me on hold and doing everything else but what I should be. It's my old avoidance blame it on doing for everyone else and then you have an excuse to be martyr!

I know I'm doing it and that's the first step right? Yes there are somethings and people that need my full attention, but it would and should never be at the cost of my own life and health. I can't help them if I am down...and I have to remember that!!! Need to be more like Liz...moral of this story for me today is share my bacon!!!!

Oh my goodness, this is hilarious -- the sneaking of the bacon. And her not noticing! You will be a very popular Breakfast date, that's for sure. Seriously, congratulations and let's hope it always feels this fresh and new, the joy of being satisfied on so little. I know what you mean about the portions -- I've started switching plates with my husband quickly at a dinner party. He eats his serving quickly (like I used to) and is ready for more (like I used to be) and so now I pass him my plate with half or so left on it for him to have for seconds and suddenly I have an empty plate in front of me. No one seems to notice this exchange either. Perhaps we are just such scintillating conversationalists. Or, more likely, people are completely engrossed in stuffing their faces (like I used to be).

Choose Lisa first! Every one else will benefit, of course, but the main thing is you know you deserve the very best life has to offer. Here's to good health! Way to go on making the doctors' appointments. And also on realizing the whole keeping busy, busy, busy, too busy for myself thing that so many of us do. I agree that noticing is the first step in everything. Let's keep listening in to our bodies.

You go girl! You remineded me I have to call my Doc. I have been eating my face off, I know it's stress but it's no excuse! I called the doc and I go in on Monday. Also going to see the endo doc for a full blood work up to be sure nothing else is slowing me down here :)

I know it's one step at a time...but I am losing focus on "me" and it's not a selfish thing but an intentional thing. I am putting me on hold and doing everything else but what I should be. It's my old avoidance blame it on doing for everyone else and then you have an excuse to be martyr!

I know I'm doing it and that's the first step right? Yes there are somethings and people that need my full attention, but it would and should never be at the cost of my own life and health. I can't help them if I am down...and I have to remember that!!! Need to be more like Liz...moral of this story for me today is share my bacon!!!!

That's the new mantra around here Lisa.....'share my bacon'. We need to make T-shirts with that saying. I loooove it!! Bandista...didn't realize it but now that you mention it, yes...it is funny how I was able to get rid of the bacon so easily.

I shared my bacon this weekend!

My sister, my niece and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast Saturday. I ordered something with eggs, grits and 3 slices of turkey bacon. I gave my niece a slice of the bacon, we all three nibbled at the grits and I ate about 1 scrambled egg. They have grown to expect me to share my food with them and the little one gets a bit offended if I don't...LOL

I love the idea of shirts with "share my bacon!"

My husband has gained as I loose. Not a good thing. Back to bringing a to go snap lock into the restaurant with me...

My hubs loves to go to Huddle House and I am not a very big fan...but I manage...I ordered french toast with sf Syrup, scrambled eggbeaters and bacon. I was so surprised when I remembered to eat slowly (first time trying bread of any type) and felt just right when I stopped, about 5 bits of eggs, half piece of bacon (gave the rest to hubs) and ate 1 piece of french toast. getting this eating slow and small bites down...thanks everyone for your help. in a bit of a slow down right now, but this too will pass as you all have told me!!! :D

I can do about 1/4 cup of eggbeaters or 1/2 eggbeater omelette (perkins) hardly ever eat bacon but I do like the turkey sausage. I can eat one link or about 1 patty. my husband eats my leftovers sometimes but he does not have weight problem so it's good. I rarely do any kind of toast or bread.

it sounds to me that ur still eating way too much.for a bandista. ihope ur exercising too. i hope my appetitie wil greatly diminish after surgery.

Not implying anything regarding his weight, he is complaining because I have so much food left over, I put it on his plate, truthfully, because I don't want the third degree about did I not like my food etc.., and then it looks good, so he will have more than he should. So, like I said, snap lock in my purse!

Martha since you haven't had surgery yet you might not realize how we eat. I have been banded 18 months and you should be able to eat a normal size meal (not huge) if you eat slowly and chew well. It's important that you eat Protein first. If you don't eat enough you will lose important nutrients. Once you have had your surgery you will learn how to use your tool .

Kudos to you.

I'm not a Breakfast eater, although I like breakfast foods...... On the rare occasion that I eat breakfast, I can say this....... I will not share my bacon. I like it way too much!!!!!!!