Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two days post op. I only spent 1 night at the hospital. I did really well there. Having trouble now with the drinking. I can't tell if I am feeling hunger or gas pain. Every time I drink something I feel a slight pain in my belly and quickly try to belch because I feel nauseous. I hope it gets better

I'm 4 days out, and it gets better. At first I had to take incredibly tiny sips and if I didn't it would hurt. Now that some of the internal swelling has gone down, I can take s little bigger sips, which makes it easier to get all the Water in. Take your nausea meds if you need them, but staying hydrated should help. :)

I am two days post op. I only spent 1 night at the hospital. I did really well there. Having trouble now with the drinking. I can't tell if I am feeling hunger or gas pain. Every time I drink something I feel a slight pain in my belly and quickly try to belch because I feel nauseous. I hope it gets better

I also only stayef in the hospital 1 night.

Are u sipping? I first time I drank I took to big of a sip/gulp & it didn't real hurt it just felt like something was sitting on my chest. I sip now LOL.

I haven't had any pain except in my left shoulder from gas. I been sleeping on my sides the night of surgery.

Welcome to the losers bench...u got this.

I am two days post op. I only spent 1 night at the hospital. I did really well there. Having trouble now with the drinking. I can't tell if I am feeling hunger or gas pain. Every time I drink something I feel a slight pain in my belly and to belch because I feel nauseous. I hope it gets better

I am 5 days post-op. I have pain under my left breast, gas,gas,gas and when I get gas in the middle of the night it hurts so I have to walk and drink something warm and then more gas which they say is good. I am having trouble shooting myself with the lovanox needles. And to top it off I started getting hungry today. I've lost 6 lbs and still losing I have 2 more follow up appointments on 8th and the 10th of this month. So slowly but surely is my new motto.

I am definitely sipping. My mouth is always dry so I am always sipping. My back is killing me too. To be honest, I drink the Tylenol with codeine mostly for my back and neck pain, both are stiff.

I am ten days post op and I find it easiest to drink room temp Water. If you can't drink water eat 1-2 popsicles an hour. That was recommended by my surgeon which is part of center of excellence.

I'm 3 days post op!! No pain meds! Do have gas pain I get up and move been sleeping in my own bed!! Weight is falling off got weighed at hospital 239. - today 229 can't believe it!! Still can't do the Protein Drink will try again!!!

5 Days post op. I really only take 1/2 the dosage of pain meds per day. It's usually the middle of the day with my right side just gets really sore. (hiatal hernia repaired also) I sit up most all day and take my laps around the house! The shots are not fun! How long do you have to do it 071? Be glad when that part is over. The gas is getting better, but not totally gone. I have a lovely bubble in my left shoulder.

Friday is pizza night in my house, so I spend most of the evening hating everyone! LOL. Not that I am even that hungry, but I wanted to chew SOMETHING! So I got me some crushed ice and went to bed.

This is a process! :rolleyes:

Edited by AJ Barefield

5 days out from surgery. Doing better at getting fluids in. Popsicles have helped a lot. Feel like I'm able to take in more Fluid last 24 hours without feeling uncomfortable. What helped for me was to get a small glass and mark where 2 oz. is and just try to drink that over 15 minutes and refill with my hospital pitcher so I know how many ml I have in so far. Walking helps the feeling of fullness go away. My big problem has been diarrhea that comes on so fast I have to sprint to the bathroom to keep from crapping my pants. Trying to compensate for that Fluid loss. But we can do it! We'll look back in a month and think how good we feel when we aren't carrying around the excess weight. Overall wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

5 Days post op. I really only take 1/2 the dosage of pain meds per day. It's usually the middle of the day with my right side just gets really sore. (hiatal hernia repaired also) I sit up most all day and take my laps around the house! The shots are not fun! How long do you have to do it 071? Be glad when that part is over. The gas is getting better, but not totally gone. I have a lovely bubble in my left shoulder.

Friday is pizza night in my house, so I spend most of the evening hating everyone! LOL. Not that I am even that hungry, but I wanted to chew SOMETHING! So I got me some crushed ice and went to bed.

This is a process! :rolleyes:

Hang in there it gets better. Look up cauliflower pizza, i cant wait to try it.

I am five days post op. Able to sip about 1 and 1/2 bottle of Water . Added a Protein Shake yesterday. On day 3 I was told I could eat Breakfast 2 T malto meal lunch and dinner 2T strained cream Soup and 2 T unsweetened applesauce. I am tolerating well. Sometimes have cramp or slight pain but not bad. Does that sound normal?

I am five days post op. Able to sip about 1 and 1/2 bottle of Water . Added a Protein shake yesterday. On day 3 I was told I could eat breakfast 2 T malto meal lunch and dinner 2T strained cream Soup and 2 T unsweetened applesauce. I am tolerating well. Sometimes have cramp or slight pain but not bad. Does that sound normal?

It sound normal. U were eating on day 3 wow. Im on day 8 & still on liquids, was told to start pureed food next friday. I would welcome a teaspoon of something, anything lol.

Edited by 521Diva

5 days out from surgery. Doing better at getting fluids in. Popsicles have helped a lot. Feel like I'm able to take in more Fluid last 24 hours without feeling uncomfortable. What helped for me was to get a small glass and mark where 2 oz. is and just try to drink that over 15 minutes and refill with my hospital pitcher so I know how many ml I have in so far. Walking helps the feeling of fullness go away. My big problem has been diarrhea that comes on so fast I have to sprint to the bathroom to keep from crapping my pants. Trying to compensate for that Fluid loss. But we can do it! We'll look back in a month and think how good we feel when we aren't carrying around the excess weight. Overall wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I am so sorry you're having diarrhea. Have you used artificial sweeteners in the past? If not, you really have to watch out for sorbitol and the sugar alcohols in sugar free products. They will give you both gas and diarrhea. I hope you feel better soon.

@ AJ , girl you made me laugh. It's the hardest thing ever watching everyone else eating, and you can't have anything, and the smells are the kicker. I do the same thing, I usually go to my bedroom with my drink, and stick Vicks up my nose, lol.. Good luck to all.